PDA

View Full Version : Water Canyon Flash

french_de
06-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I was very fortunate on Saturday June 12 2010 to be able to see a minor flash in Water Canyon. It rained and hailed hard. About an hour later the water poured over the sides. it was cool.

Randi
06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I was very fortunate on Saturday June 12 2010 to be able to see a minor flash in Water Canyon. It rained and hailed hard. About an hour later the water poured over the sides. it was cool.

VERY cool indeed! :2thumbs:
What a wonderful sight, from a safe distance! :)

Scott Card
06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Glad you are safe. I was in St. George with my family and I wondered what was happening in Zion. I figured that there had to be some flooding with the all the National Weather Service warnings and all the rain in St. George Friday and Saturday. Flash floods are truly cool when viewed from a safe distance. I remember watching Pine Creek flash. From the top and then watching it come down canyon from the exit of Pine Creek. Very cool.

asdf
06-15-2010, 05:52 PM
awesome - thanks for sharing

Cirrus2000
06-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow - neat stuff! Very cool.

tanya
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Love it! One of my favorite photos ever was in Water Canyon when the snow was melting...

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/index27.htm
2nd row

french_de
06-16-2010, 09:21 AM
VERY cool indeed! :2thumbs:
What a wonderful sight, from a safe distance! :)

Yes, Water Canyon has several areas where you can peer in from safe distance.

french_de
06-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Love it! One of my favorite photos ever was in Water Canyon when the snow was melting...

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/index27.htm
2nd row

That is a lot of water in that lower section. What time of year was that?

french_de
06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Glad you are safe. I was in St. George with my family and I wondered what was happening in Zion. I figured that there had to be some flooding with the all the National Weather Service warnings and all the rain in St. George Friday and Saturday. Flash floods are truly cool when viewed from a safe distance. I remember watching Pine Creek flash. From the top and then watching it come down canyon from the exit of Pine Creek. Very cool.
Interesting thing about it was the flash didn't occur until at least 45 minutes after the hail had stopped and the sun had briefly come out.