PDA

View Full Version : I-15 slow downs ?

goofball
06-14-2010, 10:04 AM
heading up to montana july 3. wondering where the construction zones are that'll slow me down thru utah, and beyond if known ? would teh 215 be a better option to bypass the 15 thru slc ?

Iceaxe
06-14-2010, 10:11 AM
There is I-15 construction in Provo, Sandy and North Salt Lake.... but none of those are really a problem unless you come through at rush hour (which is always a problem). I-215 and the new Legacy Highway would only avoid the North Salt Lake construction.... you are pretty much stuck dealing with the rest....

asdf
06-14-2010, 11:31 AM
There is I-15 construction in Provo, Sandy and North Salt Lake....

I-15 from Spanish Fork to Point of the Mtn is a construction zone. Rush hour going either direction can be a nightmare.

Spooky
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Legacy Highway is a prettier ride, anyway. Have fun in Montana. I lived in Missoula for a few years and loved it there.

goofball
06-14-2010, 01:59 PM
thanks for the info all. i'll be coming thru mid afternnon-ish on weekends so i should be safe.

Legacy Highway is a prettier ride, anyway. Have fun in Montana. I lived in Missoula for a few years and loved it there.

you ever get up into the mission mountains ? looks like a lovely area. heading into the beartooths this time tho'.

Spooky
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
you ever get up into the mission mountains ? looks like a lovely area. heading into the beartooths this time tho'.

No, I never, ever, ever hiked in Montana. I worked 70 hours a week up there and didn't have enough time. Plus I'm terrified of bears.

However I did spend time in Glacier, albeit inside of my car with the doors locked. :roll:

Randi
06-14-2010, 04:13 PM
thanks for the info all. i'll be coming thru mid afternnon-ish on weekends so i should be safe.

Have an awesome time Jason! Two weeks is it?
Dude, you are SOOOO lucky!!! :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see photos!
Be safe out there - don't feed the bears - and have an amazing time!
Hope to see ya at some point this summer or fall!

REDFOX
06-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Just North of Idaho Falls, Id. There is a stretch on I-15 that is loose gravel, 45mph and a single lane. The southbound lanes have already been recently paved. I will be traveling from Salt lake city to Helena, Mt 2 times a week probably until March 2011.