PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good place to trailer camp

snccoulter
06-12-2010, 04:57 PM
ok I am looking for a good place to camp where i should not see any neighbors i would like to have some water near by to put my toes in and it does not have to be easy to get to. i will have a lifted tent trailer and a good 4x4 so i am willing to go somewhere remote. i would like it to be no more than 3 to 4 hours out. and again the whole idea is to not see anyone bbut my wife. and i am in layton
Thanks
Steve

asdf
06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Desert or Mountains?

snccoulter
06-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Mountians,
I am looking at Crystal lake near washington lake is it a popular area or should it be fairly unpopulated? Does anyone know what the conditions will be like late June? I should also add we will have our 8 month old so we would like to not freeze to death so she can be happy also. Because if she is not happy moma and daddy will be misrable...
Thanks

asdf
06-13-2010, 08:44 AM
The road dead ends at the Crystal Lake trail head (40.681652,-110.962926) and its most always packed with people, the nearest campground is at Washington Lake. If you follow the dirt road south from Washington there are quite a few primitive sites, you wont have complete solitude but it will be much better than a campground. The road starts getting rough around here 40.651417,-110.960628 just before beth lake
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/3886324517_44b5144a4a.jpg

Plan on it being cold and if its not it will be a mosquito factory.
A few people have been posting current conditions here - http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?39478-Uintas-2010

snccoulter
06-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks, I think we will find somewhere else, the whole idea is to be primitive the trailer i have is lifted so it can go just about anywhere. The whole cold thing would suck with a baby and so would the mosquito thing. Thanks for the info. Do you have any other locations that would be nice. It does not have to be a lake but a stream would be nice.

Thanks

DOSS
06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Steve.. I think the problem is that in Utah you basically won't get seclusion if there is water access sucks but it is true

I would suggest check out the Swell, Capitol Reef (camp off the Notom road), Camp along the Green river south of Green River, or just head out to Callio and the old CCC campground to the South :)

asdf
06-14-2010, 06:55 AM
I think we will find somewhere else, the whole idea is to be primitive the trailer i have is lifted so it can go just about anywhere.

Plenty of dead end side roads in that area of the Uintas.

The Colonnade Arch area south of Green River is one of my favorite places to camp. Be warned there is no shade and the chances of running into anyone else out there is pretty slim. Moonshine wash is an awesome non-tech slot canyon and the Chaffin Ranch Geyser is always worth checking out.