PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report West Desert - May 2010

accadacca
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
We went out for a few hours on Monday and had a good time. We did have a few problems (flat = me, gas line = dad) and spent some time working on the bikes. That's just the way it goes sometimes. Boy is it green out there. We were out near the pony express trail. Excellent. :popcorn:

WestDesertMay2010

nelsonccc
06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Nice! I'm jealous, but I'm currently putting together my TR for my all dirt trip out of vegas to Enterprise Reservoir this past weekend. I too found that the desert is super green right now. I couldn't believe all of the water crossings.

Flat tires suck. What were you running? I run HD tubes with 22 air pressure on my Dual sport and I never get flats. Knock on wood. Looks lik eyou guys had a blast.

accadacca
06-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I also run the extra heavy duty tubes so it was a bit of a surprise. However, I usually only run 12 lbs or so. It prolly would have been smart to add a few lbs for the rocky areas. This flat was caused by snake bite. I really nailed a sharp rock and that was it. I knew it. I guess that's why they call it adventure riding...it gives us a chance to see how prepared we were. :haha:

accadacca
06-02-2010, 11:53 AM
My Dad had an extra tube that was supposedly "new." Well, we found out that it wasn't "new" when we got it put in the tire and inflated it. Ssssssssss.....damn. So we take it off and patch it, put it back in. Sssssssssss....damn.

Hell, we are getting good at this. So we decide to patch my HD tube. It holds and we are on our way after eating lunch. 3 C02 cartridges later. :ride:

He tore his gas line off bush whacking to another trail after we followed a damn four wheeler trail that led nowhere. :lol8: He actually has extra gas line in his bag too. All prepared and stuff. :nod: