PDA

View Full Version : Invite Memorial Day Weekend

iceman
05-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Thinking about Medieval Chamber, Dragonfly and Big Horn Memorial Day weekend. Myself (Rookie)& my Wife (beginner). Anybody with experience and gear interested?

Don
05-19-2010, 10:17 PM
I hope to be in the area that weekend but if these girls tag along technical canyons are out. If they bail I'd be interested. Won't know till Monday though...

trackrunner
05-19-2010, 10:20 PM
prior commitments have me at the other end of the state or else I may take you up

oldno7
05-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Thinking about Medieval Chamber, Dragonfly and Big Horn Memorial Day weekend. Myself (Rookie)& my Wife (beginner). Anybody with experience and gear interested?

Hi Iceman
might I suggest a Bighorn - Dragonfly combo? It makes a better day. You exit Bighorn at the point to hike out to Dragonfly. And don't miss the tunnel on the Bighorn approach......

remoteman45
05-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey Tom, I'd love to go with you again but I'll be in Zion that whole next week. Did Medieval Chamber later in that week that I went with you and Jaunita and really liked it. A 60 meter rope barely gets to the ground on the 2 raps so trust Shane's beta. The hike out was a bit long but pretty with all the flowing water. Have a great trip, Ted

moab mark
05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
The hike out was a bit long but pretty with all the flowing water. Have a great trip, Ted

If you do not want to deal with shuttling etc you can climb out about 100 yards LDC to the right and go back to the start. A little exposed but can be done. If you just want to drop down and check out the arch you can climb out right after you come out of the chamber. Turn right and climb up the slickrock fin right there. If doing this we usually walk down to the top of the fin prior to going in and dropping a handline down. There's a nice tree you can attach it to. It has one spot that will get your attention without something to hold on to. Years ago we use to go out there with Scouts and they would rappel down the Chamber cliimb back out come around and go down again, they thought it was the bomb.

Mark

iceman
05-20-2010, 02:20 PM
I hope to be in the area that weekend but if these girls tag along technical canyons are out. If they bail I'd be interested. Won't know till Monday though... Let me know if it will work for you.

Hi Iceman
might I suggest a Bighorn - Dragonfly combo? It makes a better day. You exit Bighorn at the point to hike out to Dragonfly. And don't miss the tunnel on the Bighorn approach...... I noticed that in some of the beta we read. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Tom, I'd love to go with you again but I'll be in Zion that whole next week.Thats to bad Ted. Had a good time last go round. Maybe some other time.

If you do not want to deal with shuttling etc you can climb out about 100 yards LDC to the right and go back to the start. A little exposed but can be done.We will probably just do the shuttle, but thanks for the heads up on that one.

iceman
05-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Bump. No takers for any of the days? Friday, Saturday?

Iceaxe
05-23-2010, 06:59 PM
I've done a route with Iceman.... he's a fun partner. :2thumbs:

iceman
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I've done a route with Iceman.... he's a fun partner. :2thumbs:

Thanks Iceaxe. Us Ice--- guys have to stick together. It was pleasure meeting your family.

Don
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I hope to be in the area that weekend but if these girls tag along technical canyons are out. If they bail I'd be interested. Won't know till Monday though...

My thing fell apart. I'm going to stay around the Wasatch Front this weekend. :sad: