PDA

View Full Version : Who has Memorial Day weekend plans?

accadacca
05-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Not sure if I am going to venture out on the roads or not. It's usually a circus, but what ya gonna do. Still on the fence with a few plans.

Who has solid plans and who has ideas? :popcorn:

blueeyes
05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Hoping like hell that I am moving that weekend to St. George so that I can go to Fruita the following weekend for a mtn bike camp.

Don
05-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Emmitt Nershi Band is playing the Desert Rocks Music Festival (http://www.desertrocks.org/) in Moab that weekend. Lot's of other bands playing too. I'm down but I'm relying on Brad (risky :haha:) and hoping for Josh...

asdf
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Typically I dont do anything on memorial day weekend but this year we are doing a few more days in Capitol Reef.
Wish me luck :naughty:

greyhair biker
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll probably be getting things packed (kinda) for our road trip to Canada the first week in June. It'll be my first VERY needed vacation of the year.:clap:

jman
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Typically I dont do anything on memorial day weekend but this year we are doing a few more days in Capitol Reef.
Wish me luck :naughty:

Have you ever been to Pleasant Creek? If not - it's a fun, wet, hike. Here's a link (http://bp2.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip.aspx?tripId=12349)if you are interested.

IntrepidXJ
05-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Same thing I do every Memorial Day weekend.....we head down to the Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge/Elk Ridge area :2thumbs:

Scott P
05-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Headed for the Escalante area.

BruteForce
05-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Headed to the North side of the Swell..

Randi
05-13-2010, 07:30 AM
The plan is to hike up lady mountain in Zion with my daughters Sarah & Rachael on that Friday, then keep on driving til we get to Boulder, Utah. There we'll spend the next three days doing canyons/hiking/hanging out with some of the coolest people on the planet! I'm considering taking them down the Boulder Mail Trail, that is 'if' they wanna do it.

I'm sooooo excited about Memorial w/e this year!

The coolest part of all of course is hanging out with BOTH of my daughters!
It's been years since I had them both out on a weekend - it's usually one or the other.

Alex
05-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Floating a river, not sure where yet, probably the Green Section A&B

accadacca
05-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Good stuff. Keep the ideas flowing. :popcorn:

trackrunner
05-13-2010, 10:21 AM
canyoneering in Zion area

Cirrus2000
05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Boulder/Escalante area! See you there, Randi! :2thumbs:

Don
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Damn. Your BOTH going to be in Escalante. If Brad backs out (AGAIN) and Josh ends up working I might be aiming myself at you two.

Don
05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Damn. Your BOTH going to be in Escalante. If Brad backs out (AGAIN) and Josh ends up working I might be aiming myself at you two.

Wow, maybe 5 minutes after I posted that this girl I've been talking to said she's tired of not doing what she really wants to do and asked if her & a friend could tag along to Moab for Memorial day...

Win for Moab.

accadacca
05-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow, maybe 5 minutes after I posted that this girl I've been talking to said she's tired of not doing what she really wants to do and asked if her & a friend could tag along to Moab for Memorial day...

Win for Moab.
SCORE! :getiton:

Iceaxe
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Same thing I do every Memorial Day weekend.....we head down to the Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge/Elk Ridge area :2thumbs:

x2

Combined with Sprint Car Racing Monday night.

Cirrus2000
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Win for Moab.Ah, if only we had the subtleties of French... Un ami, or Une Amie? :mrgreen:

Don
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Oh, the friend? I had to look it up but it's un amie. :wink:

Cirrus2000
05-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh, the friend? I had to look it up but it's un amie. :wink:
Hate to break it to you dude, but that's kind of ambiguous! :roflol: "Un" implies masculine (as opposed to "une" for feminine), while "amie" is feminine. Kind of a he-she thing going on there... :haha:

I know what you're saying, though. :2thumbs:

Don
05-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Damned foreigners. Just speak English. :fitz:

asdf
05-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Have you ever been to Pleasant Creek? If not - it's a fun, wet, hike. Here's a link (http://bp2.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip.aspx?tripId=12349)if you are interested.

Thanks - I may just do that.

jman
05-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks - I may just do that.

It reminds me a lot like the narrows in Zion. And the best part of it is - hardly any people, which is surprising.

Here's a pic: http://www.utahredrocks.com/images/pl00.jpg

theking648
05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
not much planned. my birthday.... maybe some mountain biking or hiking.... help chere move in.

so don't really have a clue what to do, maybe just sleep and sleep some more. :haha:

accadacca
05-20-2010, 11:12 AM
ksl.com

DENVER (AP) -- AAA predicts about 7.6 percent more residents in mountain states will take trips this Memorial Day weekend compared with last year.

AAA expects about 2.5 million residents of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming to take trips for the holiday, mostly by car.

The travel group released a forecast Thursday that projects about 32.1 million people nationwide will go on trips during the final weekend in May. That's an increase of 5.4 percent.

It based its forecast on research by IHS Global Insight.

AAA says that nationally, car rental rates during the weekend are forecast to fall 15 percent from last year to $36.65 per day, and a slight drop in hotel rates is expected as well.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

accadacca
05-24-2010, 09:01 AM

cachehiker
05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Waiting for my backordered summer wheels and tires so I can actually go somewhere this year. :angryfire:

I don't usually brave the crowds on Memorial Day. My yard is just too much of a handful during the early spring and late fall. This will be the first Memorial Day since I bought the house that I'm on top of things enough that I won't get stuck working on it.

I must be getting the hang of it! :clap: I therefore plan to ride, hike, bbq, drink beer, and rock out in the backyard all weekend long. I even have an extra half day (Friday) to do so.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4635696963_4d518f448f_o.jpg

Actually, my first big week/weekend of the year starts on July 5th. Crystal Peak, on to The Swell, then ??? I'll be taking the entire week off.

Pelon1
05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
It is my holiday weekend of call, at least its the only one I have to take:clap:

blueeyes
05-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Still moving! And the rental rate on a car from St. George back to Ogden is not $36.65! They want about $130 something. It is making my life difficult. I just need a ride back from St. George to Ogden to pick my car up. Oh well.... still thinking about the logistics of this move.

Don
05-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Still moving! And the rental rate on a car from St. George back to Ogden is not $36.65! They want about $130 something. It is making my life difficult. I just need a ride back from St. George to Ogden to pick my car up. Oh well.... still thinking about the logistics of this move.

Hitch. I hitched from Utah county to Zion a couple years ago. It was fun. :nod:

jman
05-24-2010, 08:16 PM

I used a shuttle system from St. George to pick up my brand new car in Bountiful back in 2007. I believe it was called the St. George shuttle. A one-way ticket was about $45 (much it might be different now). And the guy's car had XM radio which makes the traveling better..

Edit: I just found the webpage and his price is $55 now, and they only go to Midvale. So if you can get someone to pick ya up from there to Ogden - that would be a good option, I would think. Here's a link (http://www.stgshuttle.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2).

blueeyes
05-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks JMAN! I think that will work nicely.

Don I have often wanted to hitch hike for the fun of it. But it scares the shit out of me. Maybe someday when I don't have kids to take care of and no one will mind if I disappear.

abirken
05-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks JMAN! I think that will work nicely.

Don I have often wanted to hitch hike for the fun of it. But it scares the shit out of me. Maybe someday when I don't have kids to take care of and no one will mind if I disappear.

I'd be sad if you disappeared so unless you take a gun safety course and learn how to pack one, don't hitch hike anytime in the future. Ok? Contemplating my Memorial weekend and it's looking as if I will head up Independence Pass above Aspen and find a cool hike up that way. We are looking at a 75 degree weekend with no rain and blue skies. Whoop Whoop! Chere-when are you in Fruita?

blueeyes
05-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Chere-when are you in Fruita?

I will be in Fruita June 4th-6th. Maybe Friday night? I was dead tired last year after riding with these ladies all day so I would be no good on Sat or Sun other than to just chat.

I wouldn't mind learning how to pack a gun!

accadacca
05-25-2010, 08:19 AM
I might go for a motorcycle ride somewhere and it might have to be on Monday. There is a chance of rain Thurs-Sat in SLC. :angryfire:

The weekend after memorial, I'll be in Bear Lake for a 4 day weekend. :cool2: