PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word Not Responding

bbennett
04-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Anybody know a quick fix for this? It just happened suddenly yesterday afternoon and now I can't access any Word docs on my computer.

Sombeech
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
2007 or 2003? Does it even open up a window? Have you rebooted since trying?

bbennett
04-29-2010, 08:47 AM
It's actually 2000. I have a full office disc that obviously hasn't been updated. I loaded it up on my computer when I got it so that I would have PP and excel. I've never had any problems with it until now. Yes, the window opens but that's it. Yes, I've rebooted it several times to no avail. Thanks Beech.

Iceaxe
04-29-2010, 09:14 AM
When I have something fishy like that pop up it's often malware on the computer.... have you run Malwarebyte's or any other anti-malware programs?

Sombeech
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
I can't remember with 2000, but see if you can go into Add or Remove Programs and perform a repair. You could also try to uninstall Office and reinstall, if in fact it was working at one time for you. I'm guessing the uninstall/reinstall would take about 30 minutes.

If you're just looking to quickly access those documents, get a google docs account and import them all. You can edit them online and then download them again as .doc files. I'd also suggest OpenOffice.org but it's very sluggish. With google docs there is no added software to your machine, plus you can access the docs anywhere.

Plus, Google Docs is going to perform just about everything Office 2000 Word, Excel and PPT could. You just might use that permanently. I would, rather than Office 2000.

Here's a tutorial I did for our School Teachers if you'd like a little help with Google Docs:
http://blog.weber.k12.ut.us/jumcfarland/2010/04/16/google-docs-brainblast-boot-camp/