PDA

View Full Version : Fruita, Co trails

REDFOX
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Leaving for Fruita tomorrow ! Hope to get some good pics and video despite the forecast of rain.

asdf
04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
dont get wet

Sombeech
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Leaving for Fruita tomorrow ! Hope to get some good pics and video despite the forecast of rain.

you a-hole

bowjunkie
04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
ya might get a bit bit damp !! it's been raining here now lol

live2ride
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
hope you brought the mud tires!

REDFOX
04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Had a great trip riding trails both in Fruita and Grandjunction, CO. Thursday afternoon we rode a trail called More Fun near Fruita. Then that evening we rode the Ribbon trail near Grandjunction. Friday morning we rode several trails in the 18 mile rd area of Fruita. Chutes and ladders, the Edge trail, Kessell Run, and Zippy do da. Upon arriving back in Grandjunction, we were able to ride the guinees trail just before dark and as the light rain began to fall. Saturday morning we rode the Eagles wing to the lunch loop trail. We rode the new Free lunch trail. This was a single and double black diamond trail with several drops. This trail definitely requires some advanced skills. I was wishing that I had brought body armour. With a little luck I was succesfull in riding almost all of the stunts. Our last trail was called Lemon Sqeezer and then to the parking lot. We may have ridden somewhere between 50-60 miles total. A lighter bike would have been nice. Redspecialized has all of the video and pics.

Sombeech
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Pics or it didn't happen

REDFOX
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Maybe Redspecialized will read this and post a couple of teaser pics. I didn't even bring a camera.

accadacca
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Maybe Redspecialized will read this and post a couple of teaser pics. I didn't even bring a camera.
:chairshot:

ScoutColorado
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Had a great trip riding trails both in Fruita and Grandjunction, CO. Thursday afternoon we rode a trail called More Fun near Fruita.

That trail is named after my riding partner, Bob Moore. He was the former director of BLM in Colorado, and now sits on the board of IMBA.
He is 77 years old and kicks a$$.
The trail was made very technical and steep in places by design - not for the average bear.

RedSpecialized
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM

I do have video, I haven't put it up yet because my computer crashed on me and I just got it working again yesterday. I will see if I can put some on tonight. I just got a TACHYON helmet cam. We'll see how she did. It's not Beech footage, he is the man!:afro: It will at least give you some Idea though.

It was a fun trip. Lots of single track

RedSpecialized
05-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Here is the video of the Free Lunch trail we did. It was brobably the most technical trail we rode down there. It was has a lot of techincal stuff with drops and such. The first drop that you see RedFox go off is a qualifying drop to ride the trail. Funny there is a sign next to it that says if you can't drop this, turn around and ride another trail. Never seen that on a trail before.

Well if you have never been to Grand Junction/Fruita I would say you need to do it at least once. I hope you enjoy the action.....:popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_92a_5TMifE

REDFOX
05-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Cool video ! You really have to be their to appreciate how steep and technical some of those spots were. At 2.14 the helmet cam doesn't show how off camber, steep, and rugged the terrain was. I was fortunate to ride it smooth since having a couple of rollups on the entry. Thanks to Ben on his patience in filming. :2thumbs: That trail would have been a bad place to get hurt on.

Sombeech
05-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Nice vid :cool2:

tmartenst
05-11-2010, 12:00 AM
What kind of helmet cam do you have?

RedSpecialized
05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Its a 2010 Tachyon XC. I got it a day before I went down there so this was my first experience with it. I worked well for the most part. I like that it uses 2AA bat. and that is records everything on a SDHC card up to 32G, which I think is 8hrs. I only had a 4g that recorded 1hr. The cards can get pricey since they recommend using a Class 6 card so the video isn't choppy. It pretty much records no sound because it is water proof up to about 40ft I think?

On the video, there were spots that I took with my Sony digital video camera. Not all is video cam footage, I would say about 50/50.