PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Exploring Mines - Gold Butte, NV

accadacca
04-18-2010, 04:28 PM
We had a good time exploring the area and riding down to Lake Mead on two different trails. We also had some great dutch oven cooking. It was pretty hot in the 90s. Good times...I'll let the photos do the rest...

double moo
04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
56 views and not one comment... guess we'll have to do something spectacular next time to spark some interest around here.

Maybe if you had elaborated on time spent hiking the desert in search of missing riders, of wrecking in vastly remote places, the plans for getting to a phone and calling search and rescue, the plans for what we would tell the NPS as to why we were so far off the beaten path, the potential for scantily clad boaters flashing us as they zipped by, pushing a motorcycle through miles of deep sand, hot wiring a car, pissing down the Devil's throat and living to tell the tale, zombie cows, lizards, and cotton tails. You left out all the drama and good stuff. A picture paints a thousand words - but an adventure tells of a lifetime.

On day two I spent most of the morning hoping we didn't have to come back up the trail heading down to the lake. I could just see myself losing traction again and again and having to ride the same hills over and over... I was seriously psyching myself out before anything happened. It was actually a better and more fun route to ride downhill. I felt better we found the correct route back out.

I had a good time... when I wasn't too tired to enjoy it!

Deathcricket
04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Hehehe Love the pics man. Especially the one of you guys "stealing" the car.

accadacca
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
56 views and not one comment... guess we'll have to do something spectacular next time to spark some interest around here.

Maybe if you had elaborated on time spent hiking the desert in search of missing riders, of wrecking in vastly remote places, the plans for getting to a phone and calling search and rescue, the plans for what we would tell the NPS as to why we were so far off the beaten path, the potential for scantily clad boaters flashing us as they zipped by, pushing a motorcycle through miles of deep sand, hot wiring a car, pissing down the Devil's throat and living to tell the tale, zombie cows, lizards, and cotton tails. You left out all the drama and good stuff. A picture paints a thousand words - but an adventure tells of a lifetime.

On day two I spent most of the morning hoping we didn't have to come back up the trail heading down to the lake. I could just see myself losing traction again and again and having to ride the same hills over and over... I was seriously psyching myself out before anything happened. It was actually a better and more fun route to ride downhill. I felt better we found the correct route back out.

You mean somebody got lost and there were several crashes? Not me btw... :haha:

You can elaborate on the drama if you want and since your included. I am not one who like to write novels...that's why I bought an iPad. :lol8:

nelsonccc
04-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Awesome pics. Wish I had been invited.....Bastards. I've spent a lot of time in that area but never south of Gold Butte. There are so many trails between between the parking area and gold butte but I've always wanted to head all the way to the lake. Was it awesome? Good trails? Looks like you guys had a blast.

Are you guys getting ready for Pauite Trail season? Once a month starting in June.

fourtycal
04-22-2010, 07:09 AM

Sweet :haha: Where are the real pictures!

Sounds like a great ride:2thumbs:

fourtycal
04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Are you guys getting ready for Pauite Trail season? Once a month starting in June.

sounds cool. let us know when you have a date set.