PDA

View Full Version : Moving south!

blueeyes
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I just accepted the job offer for my dream job! I am moving to sunny St. George.

:banana::rock::clap::clap::clap::ride::crazy::band it::banana::banana:

Zion in my backyard and numerous mountain bike trails to explore.

My last day at Weber will be May 31st. I start with Dixie State July 1st. The facilites are brand new and gorgeous!!!! No one has ever used my lab, I get to break it in. Excellent pay raise. Kids are excited. I am doing better than I deserve!

Don
04-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Exactly what you deserve. Congratulations.

Randi
04-14-2010, 09:14 AM
I just accepted the job offer for my dream job! I am moving to sunny St. George.

Congratulations Chere! :clap:
We'll be neighbors! Well, almost! ;)~
We'll have to hook up for some canyon or bike trips this spring or summer for sure ~
I'm always looking for excuses to hang out in Zion!

I am doing better than I deserve!

No way!
You deserve the best of everything & never let anyone tell you otherwise!

I'm excited & happy for you girl! And your kids too!

Felicia
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Congrats!!!!

Sombeech
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Nice! Congratulations.

Need a lab assistant? :bandit:

blueeyes
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
No way!
You deserve the best of everything & never let anyone tell you otherwise!

It is a Dave Ramsey quote. "I am better than I desrve" Just means that life couldn't possibley be any better and I am truly greatful for all the blessings and opportunities in my life.

I look forward to hanging out with you!

Deathcricket
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
I knew you could do it, congrats again!

Jaxx
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Sweetness! My wife and I are looking to move down there asap. The only problem is the job thing...

cachehiker
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
:2thumbs:

Too bad we never go out to ride Wheeler Creek together.

That's OK. Gooseberry is better. You'll just have to get that "No More Face Plant" bike ready. :mrgreen:

Cirrus2000
04-14-2010, 12:29 PM
:2thumbs::clap::2thumbs::clap::ride:

Congrats - fantastic news!

R
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi 5! Hi 6!

lararain
04-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Congrats to you.... Now I do envy you that you have found your dream job in the area I want to relocate to... I will keep searching in hopes of doing the same.

Ryan
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Too cool, Congrats! We will have to come down and ride with you next Feb or Mar.

jman
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM
That is great Chere!

You mentioned you have kids and I foget how old they are - but if they are pretty young, they might enjoy the splashpads at the city parks in St. George

-3505 S. Barcelona Dr, St. George, Utah (Hidden Valley Park)
-2995 South 2350 East (The Fields)
-50 South Main St. (Town Square)

Just look em up in Google Maps as they are scattered throughout town.

And btw - if you need a St. George Expert - I'm your man. I know where EVERYTHING is down there. Serious, just ask me anything, anytime.

Good luck with the move!

Oh, and I have a few points of advice for ya while you move:
-When I moved down to St. George back in 2006 (U-haul was most expensive, and Budget was the cheapest by far (and we got a big truck too - 24 feet. It cost $95 for the rental from Kaysville to St. George and $70+ dollars to refill the truck).
-Invest in some "forearm forklifts" - they work really well, even moving heavy things like a stove or washing machine. Easier than a dolley. Even a girl can do it! haha. And they cost $20 at Home Depot.
-Don't forget to fill out a forwarding address slip with the USPS (http://moversguide.usps.com/) when you are ready.

Have fun and enjoy Dixie State! (I sure did! I enjoyed it 10% better than my Weber State experience).

abirken
04-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you girl!!!! You TOTALLY deserve it. Can't wait to come visit.

oldno7
04-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Congrats on the great sounding career move........
You sure you can handle living amongst all us'n "old" folks?
Although, I'm not old enough to live in Washington county YET.(ya gotta be real old)

Pelon1
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
You are a little off base Kurt, you don't have to be real old to live in Washington County just real smart!!:nono::crazy::cool2:
Welcome to the south and hope you have fun down here.

dbaxter
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
You are a little off base Kurt, you don't have to be real old to live in Washington County just real smart!!:nono::crazy::cool2:

And LuuuuCkYYYYY:lol8:! Oh yeah!! :clap:
(Congratulations Blue Eyes-You'll love it even more than you think you will :nod:)

savanna3313
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Congratulations! I hope you will be very happy. St. George is beautiful!

greyhair biker
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
awesome Chere'!! Congrats! Looks like it's time to start planning a Bogley St.George trip!

Cirrus2000
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
That is great Chere!

You mentioned you have kids and I foget how old they are - but if they are pretty young, they might enjoy the splashpads at the city parks in St. George

-3505 S. Barcelona Dr, St. George, Utah (Hidden Valley Park)
-2995 South 2350 East (The Fields)
-50 South Main St. (Town Square)

Just look em up in Google Maps as they are scattered throughout town.

And btw - if you need a St. George Expert - I'm your man. I know where EVERYTHING is down there. Serious, just ask me anything, anytime.

Good luck with the move!

Oh, and I have a few points of advice for ya while you move:
-When I moved down to St. George back in 2006 (U-haul was most expensive, and Budget was the cheapest by far (and we got a big truck too - 24 feet. It cost $95 for the rental from Kaysville to St. George and $70+ dollars to refill the truck).
-Invest in some "forearm forklifts" - they work really well, even moving heavy things like a stove or washing machine. Easier than a dolley. Even a girl can do it! haha. And they cost $20 at Home Depot.
-Don't forget to fill out a forwarding address slip with the USPS (http://moversguide.usps.com/) when you are ready.

Have fun and enjoy Dixie State! (I sure did! I enjoyed it 10% better than my Weber State experience).

All good stuff, I'm sure, but I think there's already somebody designated for a bunch of this stuff... :haha:

accadacca
04-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Congratulations! :2thumbs:

theking648
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
:rock: awesome!

give me a call if you need help moving in.

jman
04-15-2010, 03:25 AM
All good stuff, I'm sure, but I think there's already somebody designated for a bunch of this stuff... :haha:

haha, yes thanks Kev. I'm not the expert in Zion perhaps, but I am the expert of St. George. Just offering my services, that's all...

blueeyes
04-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Bret, Kev is teasing me. He is making good fun of a blooming relationship. Hahaha

By the way are you still going to do WSU's CLS program, cuz if you liked DSC 10% better, well.... I could offer my expertise as the new advisor and instructor at DSC. You would do the classes online through Weber and labs at Dixie.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

trackrunner
04-15-2010, 07:56 AM
haha, yes thanks Kev. I'm not the expert in Zion perhaps, but I am the expert of St. George. Just offering my services, that's all...

I think her sugar dady has got both covered . . .

or is she his sugar mamam?

congrats on the move

Kent K25
04-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Congrats, just moving down here is worth it, sounds like the job just tops it all off.

TreeHugger
04-15-2010, 11:13 AM
That is so awesome! I didnt realize the new job was in St. George though! What a great area - I hope you like the heat!!! I'm really happy for you, but damn, who will be my chick partner on Tuesday evening rides???? boo hoo! I'll miss ya!

jman
04-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Bret, Kev is teasing me. He is making good fun of a blooming relationship. Hahaha

By the way are you still going to do WSU's CLS program, cuz if you liked DSC 10% better, well.... I could offer my expertise as the new advisor and instructor at DSC. You would do the classes online through Weber and labs at Dixie.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

I figured it was some person that you knew...but "blooming relationship". awesome! Well I'm sure you are in good hands.

Oh yes...I enjoyed my experience, and yes, the classes were 10x better than Weber. Don't get me wrong, Weber is a GREAT university - but no-one really knows each other up there. At Dixie there is a better feeling of closeness and being unified. It's like everyone knew each other (when I was there the student body was 5000+, now in 2010 its near 8000). I had a lot of friends that I would see constantly because the campus was small and the social places were packed with people. And the computer center was better too. Less restrictions, and super close to campus. Although the campus Gym is small, so you might want to invest in a gym pass at Golds, or the Summit, or Desert Palms (worked there for 1+ year).

Plus, at Dixie, the classes per student/teacher ratio was a LOT smaller (most of them anyways) and it felt like my money was being better spent there.

The EMT-B class was awesome and was the cheapest in the state. The teacher was great and the hospital is close the school which made ride-ons very convenient.

Man, I'm get all nostalgic now and it really makes me miss St. George tons! I could talk about St. George all day... Spring was my favorite season there - it was so beautiful to wake up in my condo in Green Valley and the morning temps were in the 70s, then I'd go running for an hour before classes, and drive the few miles to school and I LOVED seeing all the green grass, very green trees, all mixed along the red-orange cliffs and desert sand. So cool! I'm very envious of you right now!!

Oh, and if you get a chance, you should call up Blue Bunny Icecream since it's HQ is there and get a tour. It's cool.

Oh, actually, with my classes. Here's the update: So I got my degree, and was waiting to hear back after I applied for the program, I had this very strong gut-feeling that I needed to change my major from CLS to Computer Science. I was very unsure about this feeling - so I did a lot of soul searching and praying, and came up with the idea to leave CLS and make the move! So the next month, I did! Computer and logic has always been a easy thing for me, and heck I even had a AS degree from the DATC when I was going to H.S. So, I guess I did a complete 360 and came back to what I'm (really) good at at. And it was the best decision too. I now have a great paid-internship with a IT company in SLC and within 4months I'll get hired on at salary for above $45k!!! But, if they had that company in St. George, I'd make the jump in a heartbeat!

Again, I can't tell you enough how jealous I am! hehe

Deathcricket
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
I figured it was some person that you knew...but "blooming relationship". awesome! Well I'm sure you are in good hands.

I heard he's tall, sexy and looks like looks just like Abraham Lincoln. Just don't mind the prodigious antennae.

blueeyes
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I heard he's tall, sexy and looks like looks just like Abraham Lincoln. Just don't mind the prodigious antennae.

:crazy:

DiscGo
04-16-2010, 05:40 AM
That really is great Chere! Color me jealous. Everything just sounds great, and I hope you love it.