PDA

View Full Version : Road to Poison Springs

DWayne27
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
The only canyon I have done in the Poison Springs area is Slideanide, and it has been over a year ago. We are hoping to hit Arscenic this weekend, but may be piled into a passanger car that will be weighed down with 4 people plus gear. Is the road out to the trailhead pleasant enough to take it in our car? Or should we change our plans?

goofball
04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
i've been out there a few times in my front wheel drive hyundai elantra gt w/ no problems. that has been a few years tho, 05.

qedcook
04-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I went last November (a long time ago given this spring weather) and there was one sandy spot about 20 yards long. We were in a Ford Taurus. We got stuck and had to use the jack to pile rocks under the tires. The second time around when we knew where the sand was, we were able to cruise through the sand with no problem. Anybody have any more recent info?

DWayne27
04-11-2010, 05:39 PM
... Anybody have any more recent info?

Yup - was out there yesterday. We were in a Tacoma, and had no problems at all. Didnt look to bad, and when we finished up, we saw a few more cars, including an older camry I think it was. Shouldnt be a problem. Posting a TR now