PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Mesa Warning

Iceaxe
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Just a heads up... an acquaintance ended up with a nail in his tire parked at the Bullet Canyon Trailhead.

Here is the drift of what’s going on…..

I woke up to a flat tire, with a nail squarely planted in the center tread -- looking back over my day, I knew that the only place I could have picked up a nail without getting a flat tire indicator until the following morning was my brief stay at the Bullet Canyon trailhead, and I remembered hearing a strange noise, like a little pop, when I backed out. I was sure that it was intentional, and the folks at the Kane Gulch Ranger Station said that there have been a couple of flat tires out there lately.

Speculation is someone is disgruntled about something with regards to Cedar Mesa and/or its management.

:cool2:

Don
04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
'cause nails on trails somehow helps get wilderness or monument status?

Iceaxe
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey... just reporting what I was told... I have no clue of the motive.... Figured it might save someone from Bogley a flat tire.

Sombeech
04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Alright, where's Rev. Coyote?

accadacca
04-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Alright, where's Rev. Coyote?
Yep, where is he. :lol8: Seriously...

Brewhaha
04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Interesting. Haven't heard anything about it, but there are alot of people that have strange motives related to Cedar Mesa these days.

Reddirtdawg
04-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I remember last year around this time......they were doing the "smash and grab" out there from their ATV's to the parked cars at the trailheads.

RAM
04-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Daon says...'cause nails on trails somehow helps get wilderness or monument status?

Funny my first instinct was that being at a trail head in San Juan County makes one a target AS one of those enviro types. AS one of the scum that would want it the area to have wilderness or monument status. They are prosecuting many Blanding/Montecello folks for theft of artifacts. Long history of resentment in the hood. Hide those SUWA stickers if ya have them. Long history of that too. Interesting how we all see the world through our own prism.