PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an old hard drive/and or a old computer fan

snccoulter
04-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I am looking for a hard drive that is not operating and an old computer fan? It does not have to be nice. It just needs to turn if power is sent to it. I am going to try to make a DIY stir plate for brewing my home brew, and I need the Rear Earth Magnent out of the hard drive and I just need a fan to turn it.
If anyone has one and would like to clean out some junk it would be greatly appriceated.:hail2thechief:

Thanks Steve

DOSS
04-03-2010, 01:58 PM
what the heck are you making now? I may be able to aquire this stuff for you by Tuesday.. I also have a Tile cutter here at the house for your use too :)

snccoulter
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
excellent thanks here is the link for what i will be making...
http://byo.com/component/resource/article/401-build-your-own-stir-plate
I have a 6 pack of Laughing Lab coming from ColoSprings and I want to harvest their yeast for an attempt to clone

DiscGo
04-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I have both. I work in AF, and you are welcome to come by and pick it up during business hours. Just shoot me an email.

snccoulter
04-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Tooelecherokee should be able to take care of me. I woud drive down but my wife would kill me if I drove to AF to get some old parts I am in syracuse. Thank you though

accadacca
04-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Tooelecherokee should be able to take care of me. I woud drive down but my wife would kill me if I drove to AF to get some old parts I am in syracuse. Thank you though
Post up some pix when you get done designing this contraption. :popcorn:

DiscGo
04-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Post up some pix when you get done designing this contraption. :popcorn:

X2

I want to see how it turns out.

snccoulter
04-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Will do

snccoulter
04-05-2010, 12:44 PM
ok here we go it is not really fancy and i dont have a the proper stir stick but i do have it working once i get a stir stick I will be able to get a good vortex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_IAfVDD1g