PDA

View Full Version : RV Park recommendations (St. George to Las Vegas)

BruteForce
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Mid-April, I'm taking my Mom down South someplace. I'm going to be hauling my 42' toy hauler and the wife will follow behind in her 4Runner with an ATV trailer.

The idea is that I can disconnect, hook up the trailer, load an ATV and get in some riding to Logandale, Kanab or the Arizona strip while the ladies go to Mesquite or LV to play slots.

We've stayed at the Circus Circus RV park before, but its a 100% concrete jungle with no amenities and I'd prefer something a bit nicer.

With the purchase of our 5th wheel this year, we were given 5 days free at the St. George RV resort in Hurricane (not sure why they call it St. George RV resort).

I think there's also an RV park on the outskirts of Mesquite, but I'm not certain.

If you have recommendations on a location that has 50amp, water and large pull through slots (and shade, etc), please respond.

theking648
04-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Arizona Strip has been shut down for a few years now.... there's a 4 lane highway there for the airport. I rarely ever see a car on it. good place to go drag racing now.

edit:

near hurricane there is the sand dunes over by snow canyon... you can ride a bunch of stuff out near warner valley (lots of people out shooting on the weekends)

BruteForce
04-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Arizona Strip has been shut down for a few years now.... there's a 4 lane highway there for the airport. I rarely ever see a car on it. good place to go drag racing now.

I meant the area to the South of Black Rock Canyon Road, just above the Virgin River Gorge. I'm looking to do some ATV'ing. My mother is in her 60's and really doesn't care to ATV, so I'm really more interested in a decent RV park that has close driving proximity to Mesquite and ideally Bryce, etc.