PDA

View Full Version : Who really spends the most on their armed forces? (Graphic)

accadacca
04-01-2010, 09:22 PM
[I]guardian.co.uk

Deathcricket
04-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Is it just me, or is it not very comforting to say "well at least we aren't as bad as North Korea, Myanmar, Jordan, Israel, and Burundi". Seriously? It's like one homeless guy sitting next to another and saying "Well, I have 10 teeth and this guy only has 5, so my hygiene is better than this guy, I'm doing pretty good". We could do so much better things with that "607bn" each year. In my opinion of course.

live2ride
04-02-2010, 08:20 AM
pretty crazy, I like this kind of info

Don
04-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

RedMan
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Is it just me, or is it not very comforting to say "well at least we aren't as bad as North Korea, Myanmar, Jordan, Israel, and Burundi". Seriously? It's like one homeless guy sitting next to another and saying "Well, I have 10 teeth and this guy only has 5, so my hygiene is better than this guy, I'm doing pretty good". We could do so much better things with that "607bn" each year. In my opinion of course.

Interestingly Mr. Obama thinks it s a good idea. So he is keeping it in place AND spending your grandchildrens future.

Deathcricket
04-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Interestingly Mr. Obama thinks it s a good idea. So he is keeping it in place AND spending your grandchildrens future.

I know, huh.... I would even be willing to trade our war budget and give everyone free healthcare. :P you what we should buy everyone new cars too. They are kinda expensive!