PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fellas

Garrett1104
04-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey guys. I was just referred to Bogley from the Backpacker forums, so I figured I'd check it out. Looks like a great site and it's right in my area, so good deal.

A little about myself: I'm 17 and I live in St. George. My family is into camping big time, and I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. Last year I really started getting into hiking, and I fell in love with Pine Valley Mountain because it's close, and it's extremely secluded and forested...my kind of area. I never did any overnighters last year, but this year I'd like to do a few. I've been gearing up the last couple of weeks, and so far I've got my pack (ALPS Denali 4500), I'm looking at tents (I'll probably be going for the Grand Mesa 2), and I'm searching for trails.

Outdoors-wise I love the seclusion, and the views and relaxation. My life is pretty on-the-go so it's nice to get out and just forget about all that for a few days. I'm really interested in the Uintas but I don't know if I'll be making it up there anytime soon since it's such a long drive. I'm pretty simple in that sense; I'm not too interested in technical stuff, I just like getting away with my pack, a fishing pole, and my camera.

Other aspects of my life: I've loved flying since I was small, and I'd have my pilot license now if not for the money involved. I'm considering it for a career, but I'm not too interested in flying for the airlines. I'd like to go up to Alaska and fly in the bush; I think that would be one of the most rewarding jobs in the world. I'm into racing too, and I think driving in NASCAR would be great, although that light is getting dimmer and dimmer for me.

Anyway, there's a little about myself. I'm looking forward to getting involved in the forum and doing some backpacking :mrgreen:

accadacca
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the hood. Here on Bogley "denaliguide" is our resident Alaska pilot. Although I think he is flying back in New Zealand now: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?22917-Show-yer-Mug&p=396731&viewfull=1#post396731

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?37915
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?34602

JP
04-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Howdy & Welcome :wave:

Sombeech
04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
:bandit: Welcome.

Felicia
04-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Welcome! With Zion in your backyard you have plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy.

blueeyes
04-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Welcome

Garrett1104
04-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys :)

label factory
07-15-2010, 09:03 PM
hello to everyone..:wink:

Cirrus2000
07-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey, welcome Garrett1104. I'm sure you can find lots of great info here! :wave:

And, as an aside, welcome to label factory, too! Gosh, the links in your footer look fascinating! Tell us all how labels can improve our outdoor pursuits... Perhaps we can get you in touch with some of our gear manufacturing and marketing members, and they can ask you:

[QUOTE]

Don
07-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey, welcome. :2thumbs: