PDA

View Full Version : Most Dangerous Hikes In The World

Iceaxe
03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Most Dangerous Hikes In The World
http://www.travelooce.com/most-dangerous-hikes.html

Angel's Landing in Zion made the list. :hail2thechief:

But I'm surprised I don't see hiking through Oakland at 2:00 a.m. on the list. :assault:

greyhair biker
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Kalalau Valley trail on the NaPali Coast of Kauai. Incredible views...sheer cliff drops 2 to 3000' to the ocean. One way in and one way out, unless you need a helicopter.

ststephen
04-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Thinking about a trip back to Kalalau. Not only do you get the fun of the trail but then there's all those naked people at the beach at the end. Back in '83 we went "native" there too. :naughty:

I've also done that "hike" up Winay Picchu. It only takes about an hour as I recall, but it is similar to Angel's Landing in exposure, IIRC.

These lists are always so entertaining. I love to tease my coworkers who seem baffled that I would *choose* to hike THE MOST DANGEROUS HIKE IN THE WORLD!!!!! (Imagine the announcer's booming voice in an echo chamber). I think they think we all consult these lists when planning our outings :lol8:

mtthwlw
04-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm surprised to see Angel's Landing on this list. Dangerous? Only if you're careless or stupid, but I guess there are a lot of those types of people on top.