PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's Ideas

Sombeech
03-30-2010, 05:52 PM

jman
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I've been thinking long and hard about this, but I can't think of a good one for me:

I'm having ankle surgery (see Canyoneering Thread - My Rappelling Accident in Moab) on Thursday (1st) and wanna play a prank on my family and friends... any ideas?

Pelon1
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
:mrgreen:Gotta get one of those signs:lol8:

Sombeech
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm having ankle surgery

http://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/peg-leg.jpg

Felicia
03-30-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/peg-leg.jpg

At least that will not take as long to recover. :mrgreen:

Good luck with the surgery - save the practical jokes for next week. Although, they will be able to catch you if you try to run. :roflol:

Don
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Dude, I could really use that...

ststephen
03-30-2010, 09:36 PM
The first few years I worked for my current employer there was a tradition of playing a practical joke on the VP of engineering. The amazing thing was that it worked several years in a row. The best was the year after they installed these water dispensers in our building. They had this horrible UI that only had like 4 buttons and 3 words on it but was a masterpiece in confusion for such a small simple device. Our company invests a lot in UI design and on 4/1 an email went out from the director of UI stating that the entire team had been so worried about this struggling water company's failure that they had all quit en masse to help save them from ruin.

Minutes later the engineering VP went rushing around to the execs frantically trying to figure out how to stop the exodus! He was a smart and savvy businessman but had no feel for American practical jokes. We had a lot of fun with him!

R
03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Mac April Fool's joke. At a Mac of someone you want to prank, take a screen shot of the desktop, set the picture of the desktop as the desktop, and in the finder prefs hide all the desktop items.

uintahiker
03-31-2010, 07:08 AM
When I was a kid we wanted to trick my mom. We got some plastic wrap and stretched it out underneath the toilet seat and taped it down. We didn't think that she'd probably use the one in her bathroom instead of the one just inside the back door.

One of my brothers friends was over after school and needed to use the bathroom. He was in there a LOONNNG time and when he came out he kept saying "I'm so sorry".

Priceless!

live2ride
03-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Love the copier idea, I know some poeple would fall for it here, anything to not have to push a button!

Iceaxe
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFPXiS-Go0

uintahiker
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I have a friend that works for HP. I forwarded on the copier picture the other day and he said he'd probably try it today...

StudChild
04-01-2010, 01:55 PM
My wife took the filling out of a pack of Oreo's and filled them with toothpaste. She took them to work for her co-works at AMFC. I ate one to see how they would taste, :puke8:. It's going to be good.:lol8:

jgowans
04-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Dude, I could really use that...Here ya go.....

http://webadboard.com/4-1-2010-HP-printer.pdf

ilanimaka
04-01-2010, 10:38 PM
A few years ago, my I took my family to my folks house for dinner on April Fool's Day. Unbeknownst to my parents, I had my wife's son put a macaroni noodle in the back of his mouth before getting the two of them together to talk with me. Here's how it played out...

Mom, Dad, Me: (Talking about something completely unimportant)

-Enter Justin-

Justin: Hey Jake, my neck's killing me, can you pop it for me?

Me: Sure. Come here.

-I put Justin in a very realistic looking choke hold-

-I jerk his head to the side slightly, but violently-

-Justin bites down on the noodle, making a loud crunching noise-

-Justin goes limp & falls to the floor-

-Mom freaks out-

-Justin & I laugh it up-

Justin & I: April Fools!!!

-Dad joins in the laughter-

-Mom gets mad, storms off, never lets any of us live it down (innocent Dad included), and blames my father for my sick sense of humor-

"I love it when a plan comes together."

Mtnman1830
04-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I put on my facebook that I was sick of the BS at work and had turned in my two weeks notice. The next day at work, everyone was asking me my plans... Oh, the rumors did fly! There were a lot of unhappy people.

Cirrus2000
04-03-2010, 05:42 PM
There were a lot of unhappy people.
... when they found out you were staying? :haha:

That was a good one!

accadacca
04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I put on my facebook that I was sick of the BS at work and had turned in my two weeks notice. The next day at work, everyone was asking me my plans... Oh, the rumors did fly! There were a lot of unhappy people.
Nice. :haha: