PDA

View Full Version : Bogley 4.0 Thoughts?

accadacca
03-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Here is a list (for the geeks) that we worked from to pull the trigger. We started at 7:00 PM and its about 3:15 AM. And no caffeine either...:crazy:

Disable phpbb Forum
Install VB3 to new-forum folder - disable forum after install
Import fresh phpbb db into VB3 (this includes avatars & attachments)
Upgrade to VB4.0.2
Add folder for attachments - images/files, CHMOD 777
Attachments / Attachment Storage Type / move to file system - /var/www/vhosts/bogley.com/httpdocs/forum/images/files
Install and verify Redirects
Install custom skin (XML), grab images folder from 4.0, adjust layout/orientation for BigShot badge, etc.
Build top nav
Place ads
Find and Replace [ youtube ]URL[ /youtube ] tags with [ vide=youtube;videoID ]URL[ /video ] in the database
Drag existing "files" folder to new "forum" folder to account for all legacy hotlinks - verify
Admincp / Maintenance / Update Counters / Rebuild Forum, Threads, Posts
Set default thread views, from beginning, sort descending by last posted
Set "no thumbnails" on attachments
Setup groups (BigShots, Lifetime) and assign each mod to specific forums
Setup Titles/Ranks and Custom
Add Smilies
Install addons
Rebuild Search Index (couple of hours). Admincp / Maintenance / Update Counters / Rebuild Search Index
Open for business

jman
03-27-2010, 02:27 AM
First off, the time stamping is incorrect. You say its 3:15, but it says 9:15am. So I'm guessing not the proper time zone.

jman
03-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Here is a list (for the geeks) that we worked from to pull the trigger. We started at 7:00 PM and its about 3:15 AM. And no caffeine either...:crazy:

First off, the time stamping is incorrect. You say its 3:15, but it says 9:15am. So I'm guessing not the proper time zone.

And for some reason, the "quick reply" takes a LONG time to post the reply.

And is there any way to delete one's own reply?

theking648
03-27-2010, 02:31 AM
after all that you still don't have prefixes enabled? lol had to give you crap for that.

ya, um. i just set it to mounain time in my profile a few seconds ago.

thanks for adding a Skype field

accadacca
03-27-2010, 02:33 AM
after all that you still don't have prefixes enabled? lol had to give you crap for that.

ya, um. i just set it to mounain time in my profile a few seconds ago.

thanks for adding a Skype field
Yep, head to your profile for that dood. Also, the server is still crunching on a few tasks that are taxing it.

Bo_Beck
03-27-2010, 06:48 AM

May take me a while to get the gist of this. It gets hard to change with age!:roflol:

accadacca
03-27-2010, 06:52 AM
May take me a while to get the gist of this. It gets hard to change with age!:roflol:
You da man Bo. :Ahnuld:

R
03-27-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't see a "Mark all Topics Read" link. Did we do away with that? Also, my rank has changed. Are we going to be able to have our custom ranks back eventually?

IntrepidXJ
03-27-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't see a "Mark all Topics Read" link.

It's located under 'Forum Actions'

Though, I would prefer it were easier to get to without clicking something else first ;)

caverdan
03-27-2010, 07:23 AM

Pelon1
03-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Also, my rank has changed. Are we going to be able to have our custom ranks back eventually?

Edit that in your profile. Settings, Edit Profile

Scott P
03-27-2010, 07:39 AM
I went to add a photo to my new trip report and I noticed either a glitch or a case of operator error on my part.

Here is the trip report:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?38681-Full-TR-Bandelier-Guadalupe-Mts-and-Carlsbad

I wanted to add the photo to the right with image tags http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/606794.JPG

I notice it works on this thread, but not when editing the TR (original photos have stayed linked, but not the new one I've tried to add-it should be the first photo on the March 14 part of the TR)?

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 08:13 AM
I wanted to add the photo to the right with image tags http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/606794.JPG

Hey Scott, I fixed it for you. You don't have to use IMG tags anymore, you can just use the "Insert Image" icon ---> http://www.bogley.com/forum/images/editor/insertimage.png , paste the photo url in, and it adds it for you. Hope that helps. :afro:

kris
03-27-2010, 08:29 AM
When I hit the hide button for the popout window on the side of the forum, it hides it for the time being. Then when I click on another subforum to go to, the pop up window opens, then closes. It slows the whole page down while it does this.

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Not loving this right now. I was just in the Mug thread and some pictures never loaded and words were not were they belonged. The little smiley icons are laying over the top of typed words. Seems to be slower then molassess in the winter time. But I know eventually I will get use to it and love it. I just need time.

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Not loving this right now. I was just in the Mug thread and some pictures never loaded and words were not were they belonged. The little smiley icons are laying over the top of typed words.
Sorry Chere, I'm not seeing this issue in that thread. Could you post a screenshot?

Cirrus2000
03-27-2010, 09:43 AM
I haven't had any issues like that at all. However, I do find it slow as molasses on the iPhone. Is there any sort of plugin or something for this board for a way stripped down mobile version? I'll bet a lot of people would like that.

I'm getting used to the whole thing - it'll take a bit, but there are a lot of neat features.

One thing I'm not keen on is the new posts search. In phpBB, if you returned to the search page, it still showed the thread you'd just viewed, but without a "new posts" icon. Now, if you re-search, any thread you've viewed since the last search (5 minutes ago) is just gone - only the new posts show up. It will just take getting used to...

Don
03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I like it. Yeah, going to take some getting used to but that can be fun.
Does my Big Shot need re-purchasing? (I did buy the annual and it seems like it was last spring...?) I can see the Big Shot section but when I click on a sub-forum there I don't see any threads, except in The Lounge where I see only the Confession of a drunk romantic idiot thread and the Tech forum where I see only the Torrent/DVD file question thread, but when I click on either of these threads I'm taken to this message:

accadacca
03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
We will be hooking up the iPhone to Tapatalk soon. You can search for it in the app store and check it out. It does what your looking for and is very slck. :cool2:

It will handle the following: BlackBerry / Android / iPhone / Nokia app :popcorn:

Reddirtdawg
03-27-2010, 09:58 AM
I just posted some photos from my computer of Tower House ruin on the "Hiking, Scrambling" forum. I followed the guidelines as far as size and they posted REALLY fuzzy. These are not fuzzy shots. So I went ahead and resized them hoping that would fix the problem and when I went to reply to my own post.....I was not able to upload them from my computer in the post....only could link them from another site. I don't have these posted on another site....so no link to them. Hmmmmm....any suggestions?

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Does my Big Shot need re-purchasing? (I did buy the annual and it seems like it was last spring...?)

No, Don, you're good to go. It was a usergroup error, sorry.

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
I just posted some photos from my computer of Tower House ruin on the "Hiking, Scrambling" forum. I followed the guidelines as far as size and they posted REALLY fuzzy.

Did you try to upload first without trying to resize? You shouldn't need to resize images anymore, hopefully this was your issue.

R
03-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Everything is coming together nicely. If I had three thumbs, I would give it three thumbs up.

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I knew I should have made a screen shot when it was happening. Anyway whatever it was it is not doing it now. If it does it again I will make a screen shot.

Why is there so much space at the top of a post if you quote someone?

By the you guys do an amazing job!

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Why is there so much space at the top of a post if you quote someone?

Are you talking about the quick reply, or advanced? In advanced it shows the preview, but again I might need a screenshot from you. :haha:

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 11:06 AM
It just keeps getting better. Click on any thread, like a Trip Report, and down at the bottom you'll see "Similar Threads". So for instance, Carpey's Choprock and Neon thread, it will list similar threads containing Choprock and Neon trip reports.
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?38679-TR-Choprock-and-Neon-3-22-2010

:2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
03-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Installed Tapatalk. Looking forward to checking it out... :popcorn:

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:19 AM

See how much space is betweed the top of your post and the quote. That is what I am talking about.

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 11:23 AM
See how much space is betweed the top of your post and the quote. That is what I am talking about.

Hmm... I haven't seen that. Are you just using the quick reply, or the advanced? This post is using Internet Explorer 8, so we're on the same browser.

And is it consistent for everybody that you quote?

Edit, here's what my quote looks like:

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM
it is consistently that way and i posted with quick reply

i have more issues uploadeing pics in a minute

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM

ok back to the words in the middle of pictures... this is what i was talking about

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:26 AM
then when i am going into a thread it is hard if the icons overlap each other

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Hey Chere, I found the problem. This seems to happen when you're in "Compatibility view" - that button right next to your url bar. Try turning that off.

I got your same issue when I turned it on.

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:27 AM
then when i am going into a thread it is hard if the icons overlap each other

i can't select page 1 or 2 of thread with those icons on top of the page numbers

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Go ahead and try that compatibility view (turning it off) hopefully that does the trick for you.

As for me I'll check back later, I've gotta get some sleep.

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey Chere, I found the problem. This seems to happen when you're in "Compatibility view" - that button right next to your url bar. Try turning that off.

I got your same issue when I turned it on.

Ok turned off Compatibility Veiw and that fixed the big gap between start of post and the quote. but the buttons for pages in a thread are still overlapped by the icons

Cirrus2000
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Damn, girl - you got some messed up browser issues. :)

I can't send any private messages - just me, or does that need fixing? It says I don't have the privileges to access that page, and I also don't have reply icons/links when I read PMs from my Inbox.

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
go ahead and try that compatibility view (turning it off) hopefully that does the trick for you.

as for me i'll check back later, i've gotta get some sleep.

go get some sleep!!!! :)

DWayne27
03-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Is the home page gonna change or be removed? What I am seeing is still the old format, just with out the list of latest posts on the side, which is now on the side of the forums page

theking648
03-27-2010, 12:44 PM
ahem chere, time to upgrade girl.

http://www.devilsworkshop.org/files/2009/03/opera_browser.jpg

www.opera.com

:cool2: I try hard to force my opera fetish on people. but really, ANYTHING is beter than IE.

blueeyes
03-27-2010, 12:59 PM

www.opera.com

:cool2: I try hard to force my opera fetish on people. but really, ANYTHING is beter than IE.

Well tell that to Weber. IE or Firefox is what they are compatible with... and I seem to have more issues when I try to use firefox, so I just give up and stick with IE.

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Is the home page gonna change or be removed? What I am seeing is still the old format, just with out the list of latest posts on the side, which is now on the side of the forums page

We'll get back to you on that one, we've just gotta make sure this current phase is stable and we'll make some decisions. :cool2:

I can't send any private messages - just me, or does that need fixing? It says I don't have the privileges to access that page, and I also don't have reply icons/links when I read PMs from my Inbox.

hmm... dang, I can't either. :lol8: Let me fix that ASAP. Sorry.

but the buttons for pages in a thread are still overlapped by the icons

I see what you mean, we were discussing these kinds of issues this morning, we'll see if we can get that straightened out for everybody soon. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the higher resolution monitors because it's stretched out a little more.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Ah, found it! Everybody should have Private Messaging now. Thanks.

Cirrus2000
03-27-2010, 01:27 PM
:hail2thechief:

That is all:
:hail2thechief::hail2thechief::hail2thechief:

Whoa!!! Hang on! Error message when I try to post:

The following errors occurred with your submission
You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

What kind of weeny little quotas do we have?

Cirrus2000
03-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Multi-quote!!! Holy s***!!! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 01:49 PM
What kind of weeny little quotas do we have?
gah!! so close... I raised it from 50 to 200, let's see if that works.

Iceaxe
03-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I have nothing important to report.... that is all....

............http://www.animatedgif.net/naughty/dancer-sm.gif.........

accadacca
03-27-2010, 01:57 PM
gah!! so close... I raised it from 50 to 200, let's see if that works.
Ditto for me. "You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

Cirrus2000
03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Works - thanks Justin!

I'm back to :hail2thechief: again.

Pelon1
03-27-2010, 02:16 PM
This is a sweet option

www.opera.com

Easy as pie

Well tell that to Weber. IE or Firefox is what they are compatible with... and I seem to have more issues when I try to use firefox, so I just give up and stick with IE.

We'll get back to you on that one, we've just gotta make sure this current phase is stable and we'll make some decisions. :cool2:

hmm... dang, I can't either. :lol8: Let me fix that ASAP. Sorry.

I see what you mean, we were discussing these kinds of issues this morning, we'll see if we can get that straightened out for everybody soon. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the higher resolution monitors because it's stretched out a little more.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.
Even I figured it out

That multi-quote is helpful

Iceaxe
03-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Is the home page gonna change or be removed?

Suggestion.... make the forum the homepage until you get the bugs worked. The normal homepage is a mess right now... this will give you time to work out the problems with the homepage and decide if you even want to keep it. It also would look a lot more professional. Nothing worse than a webpage with broken links and red X's....

Iceaxe
03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Your links embedded in a post need some work.... you can't tell the difference between a link and standard text...

Example:
Standard Text
Link to Climb-Utah.com (http://Climb-Utah.com)

It looks good (meaning different) in the editor, but when it posts it looks standard.... which sucks.... the link does change color when you do a mouse rollover, but folks don't rollover all text in a post.

Get to it when you get a chance.... you guys did a great job so far with the move. I know it was a gigantic undertaking.... :2thumbs:

tanya
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
:afro::bandit:Impressive Brainiacs!!!!

It's the weekend! Now go out and play and get away from the computer for a while! Or was this done before Saturday. I am so lost! :popcorn:

:clap:KUDOS!

tanya
03-27-2010, 04:05 PM
OUTDOOR PIMP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2 ::eek2:

I am NOT a Pimp!!!!!
:scared::oops:

That is Shane!!!!!!:twisted:

accadacca
03-27-2010, 05:13 PM
OUTDOOR PIMP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2 ::eek2:

I am NOT a Pimp!!!!!
:scared::oops:

That is Shane!!!!!!:twisted:
:haha: You can change your title in your profile... :fitz:

accadacca
03-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Good feedback everyone. I already noticed that linking thing Shane and I just added an underline (http://www.bogley.com). We'll get back to some of these items later. One thing at a time...still trying to get all the settings dialed in for a few.

tanya
03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you but I am still a PIMP!!!! :eek2::cool2:

It will only let me edit this stuff...
Biography
Occupation

Fix it Oh wise one! :bandit:

Sombeech
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Thank you but I am still a PIMP!!!! :eek2:

Go up to Settings, then Edit Profile on the left, then you'll see your "Custom User Title" input box.

...unless you manually put in Outdoor PIMP yourself. :mrgreen:

tanya
03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
No, I will leave pimping to you experts. lol

Thanks!

Have fun on the river!!!!

snccoulter
03-27-2010, 08:21 PM
My question is where is the surfer cat???

Iceaxe
03-27-2010, 08:51 PM
There appears to be an issue with the search. I tried searching "torrent", which should bring up several old thread, and it only brought up 3.

Iceaxe
03-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Good feedback everyone. I already noticed that linking thing Shane and I just added an underline (http://www.bogley.com). We'll get back to some of these items later. One thing at a time...still trying to get all the settings dialed in for a few.

I think it still needs some work:
Standard text
Link to Climb-Utah.com (http://climb-utah.com/)

They still look the same when you post.

Don
03-27-2010, 09:52 PM
I think it still needs some work:
Standard text
Link to Climb-Utah.com (http://climb-utah.com/)

They still look the same when you post.

Isn't that the way they've always been? I remember adding underline when I wanted links to stand out...

Iceaxe
03-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Isn't that the way they've always been? I remember adding underline when I wanted links to stand out...

Yes it was always that way.... time to get it fixed.... problem is now it will not even let you add an underline manually. It shows up in the editor as underlined but not in the post.

theking648
03-28-2010, 11:45 AM
one suggestion would be to drop the resoultion of this site a little bit....

i feel like i'm a 90 year old grandpa that needs words the size of his hand to read.

input feilds are huge, text is huge

Felicia
03-28-2010, 01:14 PM

I do not.

accadacca
03-28-2010, 01:45 PM
There appears to be an issue with the search. I tried searching "torrent", which should bring up several old thread, and it only brought up 3.
Fixed. I rebuilt the search index. There are now 4 pages for the keyword torrent.

I do not.
Beech can fix this. I poked around, but couldn't find the prob. It'll be easier for him because he setup the usergroups and permissions. We'll get ya fixed up. :cool2:

accadacca
03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I do not.
Hmmm, if you happen to have more then 200 PM's in your inbox then you'll need to delete some. The limit is set at 200. Not sure if that's the issue...

Felicia
03-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Hmmm, if you happen to have more then 200 PM's in your inbox then you'll need to delete some. The limit is set at 200. Not sure if that's the issue...

It's working now - Thanks! :clap:

asdf
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
I just posted some photos from my computer of Tower House ruin on the "Hiking, Scrambling" forum. I followed the guidelines as far as size and they posted REALLY fuzzy. These are not fuzzy shots. So I went ahead and resized them hoping that would fix the problem and when I went to reply to my own post.....I was not able to upload them from my computer in the post....only could link them from another site. I don't have these posted on another site....so no link to them. Hmmmmm....any suggestions?

just curious .. .but what DPI did you use for the originals?

ststephen
03-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I *think* I was able to send some PMs (not sure because the recipients haven't replied yet). But I do notice that the little notification button on the top of the page shows me as having 28 unread PMs when it really is just 28 saved PMs. Have we lost track of what was read before?

asdf
03-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I *think* I was able to send some PMs (not sure because the recipients haven't replied yet). But I do notice that the little notification button on the top of the page shows me as having 28 unread PMs when it really is just 28 saved PMs. Have we lost track of what was read before?

same here..
I just clicked "check all" then "mark as read" .. took about 2 seconds to fix.

accadacca
03-28-2010, 08:23 PM

same here..
I just clicked "check all" then "mark as read" .. took about 2 seconds to fix.
I did the same thing as Summit. Kind of annoying, but easy to fix. I noticed the PM thing happen after I rebuilt the search index. Fix one thing break another. :roll:

Beech may have seen it before and he might know how to fix it. I might just need to rebuild the post index or something. Anyway, it'll take a week or two to get all the kinks worked out. So far so good though.

Sombeech
03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm still recouping from the Westwater trip yesterday, I'll read through this thread tonight and see what fine tuning is left. :cool2:

Thanks for the feedback.

Just to give you an idea, this is what we started with:

nonot
03-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Every time I visit, all threads which have new posts since the upgrade show as new, so it doesn't seem to be marking any threads as read anymore.

Sombeech
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Every time I visit, all threads which have new posts since the upgrade show as new, so it doesn't seem to be marking any threads as read anymore.

Go ahead and start fresh by going up to the "Forum Actions" link up top and "Mark All Forums Read". That will clear all of the red icons out and will let you start new.

Cirrus2000
03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Hey, I don't want to push you guys - just wondering the timetable for the Tapatalk plugin. I've bought the app, and looking forward to using it! Works well on the forums I've tried with it (from registering & logging in, to reading and posting.)

Thanks for all the great work. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey, I don't want to push you guys - just wondering the timetable for the Tapatalk plugin.

This is definitely one of the first "post production" mods we're doing. We just wanted to make sure everything is stable right now for at least a couple of weeks and then we'll probably roll this out. It'll be nice, that's for sure. We'll post it up in the BigShots section first to have you guys test it out first too.

:rock:

accadacca
03-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey, I don't want to push you guys - just wondering the timetable for the Tapatalk plugin. I've bought the app, and looking forward to using it! Works well on the forums I've tried with it (from registering & logging in, to reading and posting.)

Thanks for all the great work. :2thumbs:

This is definitely one of the first "post production" mods we're doing. We just wanted to make sure everything is stable right now for at least a couple of weeks and then we'll probably roll this out. It'll be nice, that's for sure. We'll post it up in the BigShots section first to have you guys test it out first too.

:rock:

Or maybe sooner. :naughty: I have the install instructions opened in a tab. I have read through them once. I too am looking forward to this mod too. :clap:

Cirrus2000
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Or maybe sooner. :naughty: I have the install instructions opened in a tab. I have read through them once. I too am looking forward to this mod too. :clap:
:2thumbs: I have a (very small, specialized) forum that I set up a while back, and just let it tick along. I think I'll install this mod on it as well. Can't hurt...

DiscGo
03-30-2010, 01:30 PM
What happened to the "View posts since last visit" link?

accadacca
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM
The "new posts" link (top left) below the home button does the same thing and lists the latest posts chronologically.

Iceaxe
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I assume you guys know the "link" is still messed up. Links still look like standard text.

Sombeech
03-30-2010, 02:29 PM

This is taken over by the "What's New" link in the red bar up top.

Iceaxe
03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Some of the "standard" emoticons suck.... because they are not popular options.... here are a couple suggestions....

Replace this :afro: with this :ne_nau:

Replace this :ride: with this :blahblah:

Replace this :cold: with this :frustrated:

Replace this :scared: with this :five:

I think that works much better for a better range of base emotions.

Sombeech
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Some of the "standard" emoticons suck.... because they are not popular options.... here are a couple suggestions....

The problem is the size. The space allotted for an emoticon on the side is 20 pixels, so the wider ones shrink. You can see the example with this guy on the side ---> :roflol:

So the high five emoticons would be tiny, almost unrecognizable.

Iceaxe
03-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Those were just suggestions.... I think the current base selection set could be improved. It needs some for flustered and something for confused.

DiscGo
03-30-2010, 06:31 PM
The "new posts" link (top left) below the home button does the same thing and lists the latest posts chronologically.

Perfect. Thanks.

accadacca
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM

I agree. I am having a hard time getting used to the new order. I wonder if we could find a way to stretch the parameter of that side box. I just spent 5 minutes trying to find this one that I use all the time. :ne_nau:

jman
03-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Here's a question: on the main forum page, on the right side it says latest forum posts but it doesn't list the most recent posts - so is my time still messed up (even though I configured it in settings). In my browser for example, the current time is 9:59pm, but yet in that box, it lists the "latest" posts as of 3:35pm.

And obviously, there have been posts since then.

Sombeech
03-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Here's a question: on the main forum page, on the right side it says latest forum posts but it doesn't list the most recent posts - so is my time still messed up (even though I configured it in settings). In my browser for example, the current time is 9:59pm, but yet in that box, it lists the "latest" posts as of 3:35pm.

And obviously, there have been posts since then.

Nah, it's not immediate. We could set it more often but it would work the server harder. That's just a general glance at what's going on. Your time is probably right.

Iceaxe
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
When you send a PM Bogley will NOT let you send an attachment with it. It will let you send a link, but you can not attach a picture (or anything else) from your hard drive. This needs to be corrected....

accadacca
04-01-2010, 09:09 AM
One thing I love about this new platform is that it retains your red dots. Topics appear unread if you come back to your machine after a few hours or even log out at work, then go home and log in. Sweet! :cool2:

Sombeech
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Another thing that's convenient is when you're viewing a topic and need to sign in to reply, you come back to that same page rather than rerouting to the home page. :cool2:

Felicia
04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Does this platform have a "like" or "thank" option? I have it on another site and I like it because sometimes you have nothing to say but you enjoyed the posting - it lets the poster know that you read and liked.

Example: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/pub/47325-hiking-report-blackstar-canyon-waterfalls-raging.html

ps: I like their section called Rider Down. Interesting reading: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/rider-down/

Sombeech
04-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Does this platform have a "like" or "thank" option? I have it on another site and I like it because sometimes you have nothing to say but you enjoyed the posting - it lets the poster know that you read and liked.

Yes, this is a feature we could easily add. We'll have to put this on the list. :mrgreen:

Iceaxe
04-07-2010, 02:35 PM
In the prefix column where you can tag the item TR, Beta, Ect.... it would be nice to have a tag NEWS. A lot of news storys get posted here... Nutty Putty Cave, National Park News, ect...

Sombeech
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM
In the prefix column where you can tag the item TR, Beta, Ect.... it would be nice to have a tag NEWS. A lot of news storys get posted here... Nutty Putty Cave, National Park News, ect...

Done

:cool2:

Iceaxe
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks... but you might want to change "NEWS" to "News" so it matches the other prefixes.

ScoutColorado
04-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I found a few bugs, but others commented, and they were fixed. Overall, great job guyz.:clap::clap::clap:
I did download Tapatalk and searched and found Bogley! (Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag before the cat was done).
TOTALLY SWEET! I actually like it better for quick scans. Now at work I won't have to let IT know how much time I spend on Bogley.:banana:
Question - will it ever let you view images in posts?

Oh and how do I get the emoticon that Ice used a few posts ago? (the ...uh....stripper?)

accadacca
04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I found a few bugs, but others commented, and they were fixed. Overall, great job guyz.:clap::clap::clap:
I did download Tapatalk and searched and found Bogley! (Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag before the cat was done).
TOTALLY SWEET! I actually like it better for quick scans. Now at work I won't have to let IT know how much time I spend on Bogley.:banana:
Question - will it ever let you view images in posts?

Oh and how do I get the emoticon that Ice used a few posts ago? (the ...uh....stripper?)
Thanks for the feedback. :2thumbs: Not sure on the stripper thing. :haha:

You need the full Tapatalk app to see images in posts. It runs $2-3 depending on which device your using.

Iceaxe
04-07-2010, 06:48 PM

Hehehe.... those are from my private stash...

http://www.animatedgif.net/naughty/dancer-sm.gif http://www.animatedgif.net/naughty/Girl55anim1.gif

ScoutColorado
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback. :2thumbs: Not sure on the stripper thing. :haha:

You need the full Tapatalk app to see images in posts. It runs $2-3 depending on which device your using.
Actually now some of the images are showing up. You do have to have the full version to see them fullscreen it says.
$2-3 dollars! That's outrageous! Well, actually, that's really cheap. Thanks for doing this.

Hehehe.... those are from my private stash...

http://www.animatedgif.net/naughty/dancer-sm.gif http://www.animatedgif.net/naughty/Girl55anim1.gif
OK, I feel a "Circle of Emoticon Friends" website coming - and I think it's worth every penny!!

blueeyes
04-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Ooooh I just found the General Settings area. I can view 40 posts per page. LIKE THAT!!! Played around with how the posts are viewed from newsest first, to threaded to hybrid. Ya I am back to normal.

I still don't like how much wasted space there is on a page. The area where the avatar and info about a person is HUGE and that is why there is so much wasted space in the actual post. I did find that you can get rid of the Avatars and Signatures and this helps a bit, but I kinda like the those things.

Edit: If it is a long post there is no wasted space. If it is a one line post then a ton of wasted space. And the fact that the avatar section is so much wider as compared to the old board changes the area you type a post in. I just can't scan as quickly as before. I wish we could have more then 40 posts per page.

You can get rid of images so pages load lickity split! But I am kinda of a visual person so really I will keep the images on. Just cool to know you can do this if you have a slow connection.

I did buy the Tapatalk thing for my Mytouch. It forecloses a ton but has potential I think.

Still getting use to the new digs.

blueeyes
04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
New question.

I clicked on the New Posts link and noticed it has New Events, New Group Message ect... How do you link an Event to the New Events area? That would be nice to have all events that are going on like bike invites, bogelyfests and what not in one place as well as their respective forums.

Sombeech
04-08-2010, 06:49 AM
New question.

I clicked on the New Posts link and noticed it has New Events, New Group Message ect... How do you link an Event to the New Events area? That would be nice to have all events that are going on like bike invites, bogelyfests and what not in one place as well as their respective forums.

We're looking at some things where if you post a thread with the right Prefix, maybe [Invite], that it would link or categorize it as an event. This is coming down the pipeline. :mrgreen:

caverdan
04-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Sombeech
04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
When I first go to the forums here, it very briefly shows me a column to the right of the forums which I think are the new posts, then it disappears leaving a large blank area to the right of the forum headings. How can I fix this and are others having this happen too?
dan

Is this happening every time for you? Right when we went Live with the new layout, we had some issues with the sidebar, but fixed it within a few hours. Can you try clearing your cookies and see if that helps? What browser are you on?

caverdan
04-08-2010, 10:13 AM

accadacca
04-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks......I cleared my cookies and that fixed it. I'm using IE as my browser. I like the new layout so far. keep up the good work.....feels like I'm getting something for my money here.
Thanks Dan. Appreciate that. :thumb:

basilone0331
04-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Wow, I disappear for a while and you go and rearrange the furniture. This is going to take some getting used to.

tanya
04-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I took a bikini :nod: shot but could not figure out how to change my profile photo. lol

clueless! :oops:

Sombeech
04-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I took a bikini :nod: shot but could not figure out how to change my profile photo. lol

clueless! :oops:

Settings, and Edit Avatar? :mrgreen:

Scott Card
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
When I go to a thread and try to click on a page, like the last page, there is sometimes a symbol covering the page number and I keep clicking on the attachments thing and can't get to the page. Can you get rid of that or move that so I can click on the page only. Just a wee bit annoying.

Sombeech
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
When I go to a thread and try to click on a page, like the last page, there is sometimes a symbol covering the page number and I keep clicking on the attachments thing and can't get to the page. Can you get rid of that or move that so I can click on the page only. Just a wee bit annoying.

This seems to be an issue with the smaller monitor resolutions, as things can get scrunched together a little. Until we can fix this, try a larger resolution and it will "unjumble" those icons.

OR...

If you're trying to get to the last page of a thread, the little icon just right of the posting time will take you directly to the last post.

Hope that helps

Scott Card
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Yup. Thanks.

Sombeech
04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
By the way, what resolution are you on, Scott?

Ih8grvty
04-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Been away to long.
Do not think its fair for me to bitch about a site I did not design or pay for that gives me so much in return for free.
I will however, and i am not bitching, and have not had time to explore settings and preferences just yet, but that view of the forums? KACKKKKKKKKKKKK! I hate it!
and the wasted space? I do agree with that. now I am off to play with stuff and see if I can make it look the way I like, and whats new and whats gone.

stefan
04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
If you're trying to get to the last page of a thread, the little icon just right of the posting time will take you directly to the last post.
http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33004&d=1271113637

that link has been one of the most useful links on bogley. i've not had any problem clicking that link, even on an iphone impressively. but i was curious if the icon could be made bigger and if that might be helpful to some users of the site?

blueeyes
04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Scott I have the same problem with my browser and the last page of the thread icon being covered by other icons. If you change the font size make it smaller that helps. But then it is sometime hard to read. If you have a mouse with a dial thing on top (sorry don't know the technical name) you can hold the cntrl key down and scroll that dial it quickly changes the font click on what you want then on the next page reverse the scroll to make font big again.

Or instead of veiwing everthing from the Forum page where it breaks each section down. View it from the "What's New Page" and it is no problem what so ever because the advertisments are not down the right side of the screen.

I don't bother with the main forum page anymore because it does not have as many subcatagories viewable for example before i could quickly scan to the Big Shots section with one screen shot now I can only see the Main area in a screen shot and have to scroll several times to make it to the Rubbish bin. My favorite part of the "What's New Link" is NO ADVERTISEMENT on the right side!

blueeyes
04-13-2010, 11:48 AM
that link has been one of the most useful links on bogley. i've not had any problem clicking that link, even on an iphone impressively. but i was curious if the icon could be made bigger and if that might be helpful to some users of the site?

I missed that when Sombeech posted. Thanks Stefan... I very much like this icon!:2thumbs:

Sombeech
04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
If you have a mouse with a dial thing on top

Wait, your mouse is making phone calls now? What browser are you in, and can you post a screenshot?

:haha: You're talking about the scroll wheel, right?

trackrunner
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Wait, your mouse is making phone calls now?

It's possible. My computer has a cup holder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAO77skO4Jw

blueeyes
04-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Hello....hello... anyone there... can YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!

doh! sorry i was typing fast and in a hurry and couldn't think what it was called

made ya smile :mrgreen:

Iceaxe
04-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Beech and Acca.... You guys really need to look at this website on a monitor set to 1024x768. Some weird things start to happen at lower resolutions (or when you narrow up your window). Graphics stomp other graphic ect.

I believe all web sites should work at this low resolution because that is the best many of your older and/or cheaper computers can handle. I also believe that's the default for Windows, which means any computer noob will still have there resolution set to that.

Just my 2 cents.....

accadacca
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Beech and Acca.... You guys really need to look at this website on a monitor set to 1024x768. Some weird things start to happen at lower resolutions (or when you narrow up your window). Graphics stomp other graphic ect.

I believe all web sites should work at this low resolution because that is the best many of your older and/or cheaper computers can handle. I also believe that's the default for Windows, which means any computer noob will still have there resolution set to that.

Just my 2 cents.....
It has been looked at and it should work ok. We didn't change much in the dimensions. Every website running this software package will see the same thing. 1024 wide is actually on the way down for most websites. Most are now seeing 1280 wide as the lowest common denominator and they are starting to design in that direction. The first screenshot is 1024x768 and the second is bogley's screen resolution stats. Bigger monitors are taking over, but a few are holding out...

trackrunner
04-22-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm not seeing any of my sent PMs since the change in the sent folder. Was the sent messages turned off? Not that I mind just want to make sure these new messages still sending?

Sombeech
04-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm not seeing any of my sent PMs since the change in the sent folder. Was the sent messages turned off? Not that I mind just want to make sure these new messages still sending?

Is it completely empty, or is it cutting off at a certain date?

trackrunner
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM
since the switch to new bogley. cutting off from last month nothing new sent since 3/24 but I've sent several since then. don't mind if the sent feature is off just want to confirm my new PMs get sent. maybe I'll send a test PM to you

Iceaxe
04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Trackrunner.... I got the PM you sent me.... you should have a reply waiting.

trackrunner
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
thanks. saw it. I know someone didn't receive a PM from me. But it looks like it's working now.

Sombeech
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
thanks. saw it. I know someone didn't receive a PM from me. But it looks like it's working now.

Can you see your sent items now?

trackrunner
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Can you see your sent items now?

no not sent items. but it appears PMs are going out and people are getting them. not in my sent folder. Shouldn't be a size issue, I've deleated a lot of stuff. should be under the limit.

Sombeech
04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
no not sent items. but it appears PMs are going out and people are getting them. not in my sent folder. Shouldn't be a size issue, I've deleated a lot of stuff. should be under the limit.

Yeah, you get a total of 200 messages to store.
Hmmm... Sometimes to register as "sent", the recipient has to open it first, otherwise it's only in an "outbox" until then. I just switched something on that might have fixed this. Can you try another PM to me this time? I'll open it, and we'll see if this only affects the PM's sent from the time of the switch.

trackrunner
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
test PM #2 sent

Sombeech
04-22-2010, 10:37 AM
OK, I found the answer. When you write a PM, or reply via the "Advanced" method, you have the option to "Save a copy" in the Sent Items folder. This is unchecked by default so your PM messages won't fill up on Sent Items.

If you check that, you'll see it in the Sent Items.

By the way, this was happening for me too.

You can CHANGE this by default by going into Settings / General Settings, and at the "Sent Private Messages: " select "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items (http://www.bogley.com/forum/private.php?folderid=-1) folder by default"

This should take you there: http://www.bogley.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

trackrunner
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
cool thanks

DiscGo
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM
I just wanted to say that the more I have used the new Bogley, the more I have been impressed with it.

Sombeech
04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to say that the more I have used the new Bogley, the more I have been impressed with it.

Thanks man. And we'll keep trying to improve it everyday.

blueeyes
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
It has been looked at and it should work ok. We didn't change much in the dimensions. Every website running this software package will see the same thing. 1024 wide is actually on the way down for most websites. Most are now seeing 1280 wide as the lowest common denominator and they are starting to design in that direction. The first screenshot is 1024x768 and the second is bogley's screen resolution stats. Bigger monitors are taking over, but a few are holding out...

Ok my laptop sucked when viewing Bogley, the little icons overlapped each other no matter what I did, everything was scrunched on the screen and maybe three posts per screen. I now have an awesome 25" screen desktop and Bogley is amazing looking on this. Lots of room no icon overlap. LOVE my new computer!

Bo_Beck
06-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I recently downloaded Picasa 3 and am beginning to learn it's intracasies. I DIG the way a person can link to Web Albums instead of posting single photos. This way people can look at photos in a much less cluttered manner. KUDOS to the designers. BOGLEY RULES!

Sombeech
06-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I recently downloaded Picasa 3 and am beginning to learn it's intracasies. I DIG the way a person can link to Web Albums instead of posting single photos. This way people can look at photos in a much less cluttered manner. KUDOS to the designers. BOGLEY RULES!

Picasa is a great free photo editor and an awesome way to share photos online.

Thanks for the feedback Bo.

That Picasa embedding tutorial again is here:
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?39410-Embed-Picasa-Slideshows-(picasaweb)