PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried online dating? [InfoGraphic]

accadacca
03-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Who can relate? I found this info very interesting...:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

http://www.onlineschools.org/blog/online-dating/online-dating.gif

StudChild
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Never :becca: My best friend did and this is about how it went.
http://www.funmunch.com/funny_pictures/cartoon/Online%20Dating.jpg

snccoulter
03-27-2010, 07:50 PM
I met my wife on line we were both involved in messy divorces. We ended up dating for 4 years and have been married for 7.5 but then it was not a dating site we were just chilling on AOL when it was popular. She wanted to learn to shot and I was a firearms instructor for the US Air Force.

Deathcricket
03-28-2010, 08:01 AM
I did try picking up a chick from this online outdoor forum once. It worked quite well actually.

Cirrus2000
03-28-2010, 09:08 AM
I did try picking up a chick from this online outdoor forum once. It worked quite well actually.
:roflol::roflol:

And now she's commenting on my Picasa album about how cute you are! :haha:

Deathcricket
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
That will teach you to build a picasa shrine to me! *insert sarcastic smiley here when I can find them*

jman
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I've never tried online dating per se, but I have gone on a handful of dates using Facebook. When I was going to school at Dixie from 2006-2008 for my Associates Degree, Facebook was emerging and becoming the "cool" thing to do. I joined in but wasn't too proactive with it. I would hardly find people or friends and would just add them when they found me first.

After awhile, I got a bunch of friends, and soon had a bunch of friend requests. I found it flattering, yet interesting when they would add me. I had NO IDEA who they were. They were ladies, so of course I added them. he he. Days later I would get on and find private messages to me with "hey, you are friend of so and so...you seem pretty fun....you wanna go on a date or hang out with me?!" heck ya!

I was a bit scared, since I have never met these girls and I would check out all of their pictures and they would give me their cell phone numbers, etc, so it all seemed pretty legit. And fortunately, it was.

Due to facebook: I went on 3 dates with single-parent (divorced) moms and all of them just had one kid. And they ranged from 21-26. I was 22 in 2006. The dates were way fun too! The women were all very beautiful and sexy, but due to cheating husbands they left them. Some progressed to second dates and then transformed to "just friends". ha ha. I'm still good friends with 2 of those moms to this day.

Also due to facebook: I have had more than 10+ dates with single adults. And in all cases, I knew NONE of these women initially. Some were horrible dates. One lady I tried to research only had pictures of her cats - and had 0 pictures of her online. Then when I asked her what she looked like she told me "once you take me out on a date you'll see how hot I am". ha ha. If only I knew then what I know now... With this girl we talked numerous times on the phone and she was funny, and really smart, and her voice sounded like a sexy girl...anyways, when I go to pick her up - my mouth just dropped to the floor once I saw her. She looked like she was well over 300 lbs and looked like she was in her 30s. I just couldn't believe it - so being the good man that I am (I think I am anyways) continued on with the date and it was just crazy!!...but that's a story for another day.

The other dates from the single-adults that pursued me - 1 turned into a relationship, a few turned into friends with benefits, and the rest were just fun dates and casual friends.

Anyways, online dating (or social networking in my case) has worked for me. Although, I wasn't looking for relationships through it, but if it happened, I didn't object.

Oh, and the women I went on dates with said when I asked them why pursue a online relationship vs. a offline relationship - most responded by "I like the mystery of it". Interesting.

blueeyes
03-29-2010, 01:37 PM
:roflol::roflol:

And now she's commenting on my Picasa album about how cute you are! :haha:

Well he is a cute "side order"!