PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm Crackn' Out!

Big Bone
03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
First off, Hello.

To introduce myself- my name is Micah, I live in Utah near Salt Lake City, I'm 28, and overweight (plz don't assume I'm beating up on myself, I just except what is). About 7 years ago I was an outdoor junkie. Nothing could stop me from backpacking, mountain biking, climbing, etc.. but over the past while I got lazy and gained just a little bit of weight (I peeked at 367 pounds 6 weeks ago :roll: ).

A little over a month ago I took a 9 day trip to Hawaii for a business one of my brothers help start called Adventure Island Fitness. It was a dry run to get some good footage and pics for the website they are currently building. I got there not knowing what to expect but a free trip to the island. I was not expecting to have the time of my life scuba diving, hiking all over the place, and eating great (more about that latter if you wana know). While I was out there I made the commitment to myself to change my ways by getting in shape and once again hitting the outdoors.

So now I'm cracking out and craving more adventure and am doing everything I can to prepare myself for the upcoming spring and summer.

I've already been working out again and I've lost 25 pounds so far by simply eating healthy simple meals and walking everywhere I can but I know I've got a long way to go to reach my goal weight.

And this is why I'm here. I'm starting a new life and am reaching out for some support in a hobby that I've been out of touch from for so long. So in my coming posts, give me your feed back, coaching, and advice because I probably need it.

Thanks in advance!

This shot was taken at a place called "Garden of the Gods" on Lana'i Hawaii. I'm the guy on the far left.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/Micah_Orvis/HawaiiGoG.jpg

BB

Cirrus2000
03-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey Micah, welcome to Bogley. A few people here have been battling the bulge a bit over the couple of years or so - though most admittedly not starting from quite as high as you have.

Did you spot this thread: http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12055

Remember - you're not alone. Keep watching here for ideas on where to go, how to hook up with people to do outdoor activities, and make sure you post photos of the things you do...

Good luck! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Welcome to bogley. Being outdoors is great motivation for me to get back into shape. You should join us on our weekly mtn bike rides in the Ogden and SLC areas. All experience levels are welcome. :cool2:

accadacca
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the hood. I love Hawaii and I am currently battling through the P90X videos. :Ahnuld: :haha:

Jaxx
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Way to go on deciding to get back out there!

ps. in that pic what is the guy in the middle doing, looks sketchy

accadacca
03-29-2010, 05:16 PM

:haha:

Big Bone
03-31-2010, 12:43 PM

I agree, very sketchy. He was out guild, Steve Gelakoski. He's a funny guy, a bit strange, but very funny.

JP
04-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Howdy & Welcome :wave:

Felicia
04-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Hello and welcome. :-)