PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Olympics - Medals Count

accadacca
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
USA Leading so far... :popcorn:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/

BruteForce
02-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I've not had time or inclination to watch. I find it interesting that Russia or China are not in the top 5.

trackrunner
02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
I find it interesting that Russia or China are not in the top 5.

Not me. This is the winter olympics not the summer olympics. Traditional powerhouses in the winter olympics have been Germany, Norway, Canada, Austria, & USA.

Don
02-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Looking forward to the Hockey finals. I'd love to see it come down to the US vs Canada...

Cirrus2000
02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Looking forward to the Hockey finals. I'd love to see it come down to the US vs Canada...
+1 :2thumbs:

Not that I'm a big hockey fan, but that would be cool!

trackrunner
02-18-2010, 07:52 AM
+1 :2thumbs:

Not that I'm a big hockey fan, but that would be cool!

and I hope we pay you back for beeting us at our home Olympics with a win at your Olympics.

:flag: :flag:

come on everyone lets pick on our token Canuck(s).

RedMan
02-18-2010, 09:29 AM
If you didn't see Shaun White from Silveton CO rip up the half pipe you really missed something.

With the Gold in his pocket he made a victory run and outscored himself with a 1260 "Mctwist". Absolutely amazing.

Sombeech
02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
If you didn't see Shaun White from Silveton CO rip up the half pipe you really missed something.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=d924411a-bea6-4fd8-b485-f58dc5238dfe.html

MY T PIMP
02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I was listening to the Colin Cowherd on sports radio and he brought up an interesting point. It is rare to see a poor country do well in the Winter Olypics as most of the sports are sports that cost a good chunk of money just to participate in. For instance he highlighted a stat from skiing. I think it was around $10,000 a year in costs or more to train as a downhill skiier. And that's before an athlete becomes pro. It would be hard to find the rags to riches scenarios in winter sports, that you could find with say basketball. Maybe hockey might have a few. But most wintersports are elitist sports.

jman
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
With the Gold in his pocket he made a victory run and outscored himself with a 1260 "Mctwist". Absolutely amazing.

double mctwist 1260, to be technical.

accadacca
02-18-2010, 11:36 AM

Yep, sickness. Shaun dominated! I have been glued to these games. The short track speed skating is sweet! This Koreans took themselves outta silver and bronze and handed them to the US. :lol8: Lindsey Vonn dominated in the downhill and the other bird took silver. Very cool! :five:

jman
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM

Yep, sickness. Shaun dominated! I have been glued to these games. The short track speed skating is sweet! This Koreans took themselves outta silver and bronze and handed them to the US. :lol8: Lindsey Vonn dominated in the downhill and the other bird took silver. Very cool! :five:

Yea, I've been glued too. And there have been a LOT of crashes too, which keeps the suspense up too. Like the women's downhill, before Vonn, they had some good crashes! Anyways, it's more fun when you watch it "live" rather than the highlights.

Now I'm waiting for the Women's halfpipe...

accadacca
02-18-2010, 11:47 AM

Yea, I've been glued too. And there have been a LOT of crashes too, which keeps the suspense up too. Like the women's downhill, before Vonn, they had some good crashes! Anyways, it's more fun when you watch it "live" rather than the highlights.

Now I'm waiting for the Women's halfpipe...
Yep, true. I wanna see the Women's and Men's Super-G too. Lotta good stuff to come. :popcorn:

moab mark
02-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Can't we throw a stone and win something in curling? :frustrated:

Last Child
02-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Shaun White was/is amazing. What a talent that boy has. He is in a class all his own. No one even comes close to the flying tomato.

Did any of you catch his coach telling him something like....

Do whatever you want and "f'n" send that thing. Make sure you stomp the "shit" out of that thing. :haha:

You would think that with NBC not showing these events live, which really annoys the hell out of me, their editors would have caught that.

Is anyone else annoyed that these things are not being shown live? It sucks for me because I don't want to look at any on line news because you find out before it shows who won and that takes a lot of the excitement and anticipation out of it. That is a huge part of the fun. For me anyways.

I give a big thumbs down on the coverage this year. But a huge big ol thumbs up to the athletes. Last night was a ton of fun with the womens downhill (way to go Lindsey and Julia) and the mens half pipe. I was all like :jump_nutt:

Scott Card
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree, last night was a ton of fun. I haven't stopped telling my staff about the down hill and half pipe. I think my office is sick of me giving the recap play by play of the events last night. :haha: I am not a great fan of cussing but I must admit that I laughed out loud when I heard the exchange between Shaun White and his coach. :roflol: Glad the kids were in bed ( I DVR'ed the games so as to watch the BYU/CSU game live)

RedMan
02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Shaun White was/is amazing. What a talent that boy has. He is in a class all his own. No one even comes close to the flying tomato.

Did any of you catch his coach telling him something like....

Do whatever you want and "f'n" send that thing. Make sure you stomp the "shit" out of that thing. :haha:

You would think that with NBC not showing these events live, which really annoys the hell out of me, their editors would have caught that.

Is anyone else annoyed that these things are not being shown live? It sucks for me because I don't want to look at any on line news because you find out before it shows who won and that takes a lot of the excitement and anticipation out of it. That is a huge part of the fun. For me anyways.

I give a big thumbs down on the coverage this year. But a huge big ol thumbs up to the athletes. Last night was a ton of fun with the womens downhill (way to go Lindsey and Julia) and the mens half pipe. I was all like :jump_nutt:

Oh yeah NBC caught it on tape.

Keene: What do you want to do?
White: I don't know, man. Ride down the middle?
(Chorus of noes.)
Keene: No, have some fun.
White: Drop a double mick?
Keene: Yeah, drop a double mick at the end. Do whatever you want and [expletive] send that thing. Make sure you stomp the [expletive] out of that thing.

....and he did.

accadacca
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
( I DVR'ed the games so as to watch the BYU/CSU game live)
Ah screw the Cougs, Jazz, Utes or anyone else last night and during the Olympics. :popcorn:

Sombeech
02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/21ju4g1.gif

Don
02-18-2010, 09:39 PM
:toofunny: He got further on that run than I would have.

Cirrus2000
02-18-2010, 09:42 PM
:toofunny: He got further on that run than I would have.
He? I'd hit it! :haha:

Iceaxe
02-19-2010, 09:30 AM
At least now we know why Don's love life sucks.... :lol8:

Marion Rolland
http://www.sf.tv/piccache/webtool/data/pics/sportdiashow/suter_fabienne_szq_w_h347_m.jpg

trackrunner
02-19-2010, 10:37 AM
At least now we know why Don's love life sucks.... :lol8:

Marion Rolland
http://www.topnews.in/files/Lindsey-Vonn_0.jpg

I'm sorry is that supose to be a picture of Marion Rolland? If so that's not her. That's Lindsey Vonn.

Iceaxe
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
FIXED!!!!

greyhair biker
02-20-2010, 07:45 PM
:popcorn: Lindsay Vahn justed ended up with the Bronze. Damn, she was flying well ! I watched Shaun White rip it up - AMAZING!
..........I'm still bummed that I couldnt go to the opening ceremonies...tickets at the booth...no way to get the time off :frustrated:
....Apollo Ono is up next...

Wasatch Rebel
02-21-2010, 05:32 AM
There's been some pretty amazing stuff at these Olympics, and I've enjoyed watching them. Well, I skip the figure skating, and I don't see what's enjoyable about curling, but other than that...

And I just wrote a blog entry about Apolo Ohno and the crying Koreans. You can find it at the smaugsmusings link below.

trackrunner
02-21-2010, 07:52 PM
USA over the Canada in hokey

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Don
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh, I see. Funny stuff. This girl I dig though:

http://www.intentionalfoul.com/images/lindseyvonn.jpg

Don
02-21-2010, 10:37 PM
DAMN!!!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/news/071029/lindsey_vonn.jpg

Typical; he looks like a douche. Can't even smile!?! You know I'd have a genuine smile. :mrgreen:

accadacca
02-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Bode gets the GOLD and oh yeah Hockey beat ________. :naughty:

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2010/olympics_0219/vancouver_games_0220_03.jpg

accadacca
02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Good stuff one tonight. Those Germans are getting close...

trackrunner
02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
USA vs. Can for Men's Hockey gold.

USA 1 in first place after day 1 in Men's 4 man bobsled. If they hold that lead it will be the first gold in over 60 years.

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Cirrus2000
02-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Looking forward to hockey on Sunday. Should be a good rematch - hope we can redeem ourselves!

http://msp35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/kagey3/smilie_flag_Canada.gif