PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Grotto Trip

jumar
02-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Upcoming Grotto Trip

Fellow Cavers:

We are planning a great multi-group trip to Blowhole Cave this coming Saturday. The 9 AM trip is full, but we are planning on an 11 AM, a 1 PM, and maybe even a 3 PM trip. Our goal is for me to arrive at 8:30 AM and rig the ropes and then the last group of the day can pull the ropes. I need to know who is interested.

TRIP LEADERS - Debbie Spoons expressed interest in leading the 11 AM group (Are you still interested Debbie?). Are any of you interested in leading the 1 PM and if needed the 3 PM groups?

PARTICIPANTS - The first group of the day is comprised of cavers from Roy. Debbie said she had a few interested for 11 AM. Chris Hirschi wants in. The same with Dustin Erickson. Alex Marsden also wants to go. After our incredibly successful vertical training at the Pink Lime Pit yesterday, it would be possible to have a huge party out there this Saturday.

LIMITATIONS: The issue with Blowhole is that the group sizes cannot be large or else it takes too long to make the trip since you have to wait for the person ahead of you. Max group size is 6 people and that is why the staggered approach works so well. We did this in November and had a great time.

Send me an email if you are interested. All those with vertical experience are invited. This is not the trip to teach first time vertical cavers how to ascend.

Michael Leavitt
Timpanogos Grotto Webmaster
801-636-6816
Michael@NoCavesInUtah.com
www.NoCavesInUtah.com
Michael@TheHomeInspector.com
www.TheHomeInspector.com
www.NuttyPuttyCave.com