PDA

View Full Version : Anyone game to get out? Seeking folks to ski/hike with...

bellabianca
02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
I live in Kanab and am looking for new friends to go hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, camping, etc. with. I am not a psycho, a stalker, etc, but just am itching to get out and do some hiking and skiing, but most of the people I know seem to want to stay indoors right now. I am not in the best of shape, so not looking to go Rim to Rim in 1 day, but do enjoy getting out to see things.

I would have never thought it would be this difficult to get folks out during cooler days!

cachehiker
02-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm looking to head back down to Kanab in a few months. Want to hit some of the easy slots up on the Skutumpah Terrace and maybe the Zion Narrows too. Looking to hit a half dozen other spots including Crystal Peak and Ibapah too.

I did the Rim to River and back from Bright Angel year before last but it destroyed my traveling companion. He didn't want to do anything but soak in the hot tub for 3 of the last 4 days of our week long road trip. So much for spending a day and a night in the Valley of The Gods.

bellabianca
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
I've never heard of either actually. Looked both Ibapah and Crystal Peak up - look like they'd be good hikes. Am I correct in thinking they are both close to St. George?

cachehiker
02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Crystal Peak and Ibapah would be a separate road trip. I do 4-5 such trips each year. They're out in the middle of nowhere west of Delta.