PDA

View Full Version : Bogley MotorcycleFest

nelsonccc
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
After reading the comments in the White Rim thread it looks like there is enough of us to plan a Bogley MotorcycleFest. I propose the following as an iteinerary and date but I'm open to suggestion and I like the idea of being in moab for more than a day or so and hitting some of the other dirt bike trails in the area.

Saturday, March 27th, 2010??

I

denaliguide
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
i'm going to be sorry to miss this one. :gloom:

accadacca
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I am in. Putting it on my calendar. If it changes then I'll adjust and hopefully it'll fit my schedule. I wont need fuel...I can get nearly 200 on my KTM Couch Sofa. :cool2:

fourtycal
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
ooh man that sounds fun, every now and then I wish I still had a street legal bike.

nelsonccc
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
ooh man that sounds fun, every now and then I wish I still had a street legal bike.

Fake it. I've never heard of anyone seeing a ranger on the white rim trail. My brother has doen it every year for 10 years and never seen a ranger. Put some mirrors on the bike and buy a $250 baja kit. I doubt they'll stop you if you look legal.

Or rent. There's a place in town that rents streel legal bikes for $250 a day.

You need to come, though I'm sure we'll see you a few times this year at the paiute trips.

Reedus
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I am gonna swing for this one. Just got done installing my street legal kit on my WR. If any of you guys have a bike with a headlight you are looking to install a kit on, I can get them for 130 bucks.

moab mark
02-14-2010, 08:00 AM
27th could be a problem for me. When I get back in town I'll look at my calender. If I can attend I will be trailering or just park my toyhauler out at mineral bottom to save the 70 mile round trip from town. Could also ride the day before and after if some want to.
Mark

nelsonccc
02-14-2010, 05:40 PM
27th could be a problem for me. When I get back in town I'll look at my calender. If I can attend I will be trailering or just park my toyhauler out at mineral bottom to save the 70 mile round trip from town. Could also ride the day before and after if some want to.
Mark

I'm not set on the date. I'm pretty open. I just picked that date to get the ball rolling.

nelsonccc
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Mark

I'm not set on the date. I'm pretty open. I just picked that date to get the ball rolling.

I just found out that the 28th thru the 4th is Jeep Safari week. I've been advised that being in Moab during that week is pure hell. Impossible to find a camp spot, get a motel room, and get permits for the trails.

I've also been told that for those of use planning on staying an extra day that the BLM stuff is closed during that week and only open to the planned jeep trips for that day on that trail.

Any suggestions for another date?

accadacca
02-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Hmmmm. Yeah that weekend would suck. Just throw some dates out there...

double moo
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Acca... save me a seat in your truck for this!!!

moab mark
02-17-2010, 05:54 PM
March is going to be tough for me the 20th weekend is my best chance.

nelsonccc
02-18-2010, 09:11 AM

I propose either March 20th or April 3rd or April 10th. I'm game for any of those weekends.

accadacca
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM

I propose either March 20th or April 3rd or April 10th. I'm game for any of those weekends.
I am good for any of those weekend. Anyone else? :popcorn:

moab mark
02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I would stay away from the 3rd that is the big weekend for the jeep safari.

fourtycal
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
The Jeep Safari really will not have a huge impact on Moab until the 1st-3rd of April. I go to the safari nearly every year on dirtbikes with no issues and no trail restrictions (quads are screwed but they let dirtbikers through).

I have some plans on the 20th but could be swayed with a Moab trip and April 10th is wide open for me.

nelsonccc
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
The Jeep Safari really will not have a huge impact on Moab until the 1st-3rd of April. I go to the safari nearly every year on dirtbikes with no issues and no trail restrictions (quads are screwed but they let dirtbikers through).

I have some plans on the 20th but could be swayed with a Moab trip and April 10th is wide open for me.

April 10th works really well for me as well. Who's in?

moab mark
02-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I have got to much going on in March and April to make this fest. Could possibly go towards the end of April or in May. :frustrated:

accadacca
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM

April 10th works really well for me as well. Who's in?
Works for me...or later in the month too. :popcorn:

double moo
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
have we settled on a date yet? I'd like to be in...

nelsonccc
03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
have we settled on a date yet? I'd like to be in...

Looks like the responses have decreased. Is there still interest? If so, lets pick a date and get it on.