PDA

View Full Version : Bo and Tanya's Book

moab mark
02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Bo and I have had no problem at all working with a publisher. None! Its been a breeze!

I did not however put any photos in there without helmets lol

Tanya,

Has this been discussed somewhere on bogley and I missed it? What book are you and Bo writitng?

trackrunner
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Bo and I have had no problem at all working with a publisher. None! Its been a breeze!

Tanya,

Has this been discussed somewhere on bogley and I missed it? What book are you and Bo writitng?

Yes, been know for a couple years. the all you ever needed to know guide to Zion

moab mark
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Tanya,

Yes, been know for a couple years. the all you ever needed to know guide to Zion

Technical or hiking or both?

tanya
02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Both, but not just Zion. Its like the website. Zion, Bryce, Cedar Breaks, Cedar Mountain, GSENM, North Rim Grand Canyon, Paria Canyon, etc...

There are a few canyons, but just easier ones. Mostly hiking. A mixture of very difficult and very easy.

Nope, no real discussion any where. We have been writing magazine articles for 3 years though and the book will be much like those.

Bo_Beck
02-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Both, but not just Zion. Its like the website. Zion, Bryce, Cedar Breaks, Cedar Mountain, GSENM, North Rim Grand Canyon, Paria Canyon, etc...

There are a few canyons, but just easier ones. Mostly hiking. A mixture of very difficult and very easy.

Nope, no real discussion any where. We have been writing magazine articles for 3 years though and the book will be much like those.

How time flies! It's been 4 years now Tanya! Started in the St. George Today magazine when it was owned and published by Lyle Hurd (owner and publisher of Total Health Magazine and www.totalhealth.com) and now Today In Dixie owned and published by R. Gail Stahle.

http://www.todayindixie.com/view/full_story/5756932/article-What-do-you-see-?instance=lead_story_left_column

Be sure to read this article by Tanya that was published in the Feb. 4th issue!

[b]What do you see?
by Tanya MilliganFeb 03, 2010

It

jhillock
02-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Wow, very good article and very well written. Made me stop and think.

Felicia
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Be sure to read this article by Tanya that was published in the Feb. 4th issue!

[b]What do you see?
by Tanya MilliganFeb 03, 2010

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19999

:rockon:

sasteve49
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Tanya, you are one beautiful human being, thanks for the article.

arindam
04-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Tanya, beautiful article, missed it earlier. I wish more people had the same *eyes* and the compassion.

Bo_Beck
08-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Tanya....did you get the PDF files on the Zion Chapter that Steve has layed out????? The book is looking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually getting excited for the release of our book. I don't think it'll be too much longer now! (I hope?)

bowjunkie
08-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Tanya....did you get the PDF files on the Zion Chapter that Steve has layed out????? The book is looking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually getting excited for the release of our book. I don't think it'll be too much longer now! (I hope?)

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

tanya
08-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I did! All I can say is WOW! I am glad we went with this publisher!!!

Great Job!

jman
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Is it too much to ask for a preview of it? Btw, since the search doesn't work well on the iPhone, when is the expected release of it?

tanya
08-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't think the publishers would be okay with that. It should be out really soon. Before fall is over for sure, but probably much sooner. They have the text done, they are putting the photos in now.

tanya
08-23-2011, 07:04 PM
By the way ... it's over the time well done! We are excited to see what the publishers did with it!

jman
08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I guess that makes sense. Thanks Tanya! Looking forward to getting it!

Bo_Beck
08-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't think the publishers would be okay with that. It should be out really soon. Before fall is over for sure, but probably much sooner. They have the text done, they are putting the photos in now.

Just got off the phone with Fred. He explained that we are about half way done. If we are pleased with the lay-out of the Zion Chapter the rest will go very quickly. Steve who is doing the lay-out isn't fast but does a great job. If you have seen the Sharp-End climbing guidebook "Rock Climbs of Southwest Utah and the Arizona Strip" by Todd Goss then it'll give you an idea as to the general layout of our book. We will have awesome photos (naturally, Tanya took them!) and it will be divided into regions (similar to Todds book). So far what I've seen of it...........I would buy it! :nod:

Felicia
08-24-2011, 08:14 AM
...........I would buy it! :nod:

I will buy it!

Bo_Beck
08-24-2011, 08:17 AM
I will buy it!

Awesome!:nod:

How did the Mystery hike go for John? Good to see you guys again this past saturday!

bowjunkie
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I will buy it!

X2 :cool2: and would like it autographed to :nod:

powderglut
08-25-2011, 09:53 AM
You guys have given me so much info from your website in the past 2 years, how could I not buy it?:hail2thechief:
Want the autographed version when released.

tanya
08-25-2011, 10:52 AM
47475Awwww.... you guys are sweet!

maybe we will wear our Bogley shirts for the book signings. Oh wait! I never got a newer one. :mrgreen::afro:

Bo_Beck
09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Getting closer now. Just got the whole book in PDF format. Going to print it out and spend some time with Tanya proofing and editing, then send it back to Sharp End for the final layout and printing! Wahoooooo!

tanya
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeeehawwww!

tylerhirshfeld
09-27-2011, 07:46 AM
CANT WAIT!:hail2thechief:

tanya
09-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Bo is having a book signing party at his store in December along with the new Grand Canyon book and its author Todd Martin

tanya
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Hiking in the Heart of Canyon Country
including
Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon

This is the final title :nod: