PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Motorcycle Needed

LOAH
01-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Just finished up with my taxes and suddenly, I feel compelled to buy a bike!

I need a dual purpose bike to get me around wherever I may roam and am wondering if anyone on Bogley might have something that fits the bill.

Ideally, I really want a Kawasaki KLR 650, but I know the odds are slim for that.

The bike needs to be in good working condition and at least 500cc, as it will be on the highway a bit before finding the dirt.

$2000 limit

PM if interested.

Thanks. :2thumbs:

denaliguide
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM
i have a 2004 klr650 and love it. bought it new with 2k on the odometer. now has 36,000 k's. great bike and not that expensive to buy new. i think $5200 for a new one. for $2000 you should be able to find a good used one. it's bombproof bike that you can find parts for worldwide.

i have seen plenty on ebay. klr650.net is another source.

Reedus
01-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Your spending limit puts a damper on a KLR650 in good condition. If you bumped up another grand, I could get you into an 06 or 07 with fairly low miles. PM me if interested.

LOAH
01-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. The KLR would be a dream come true (I've been a drooling onlooker for years), but the 2K limit is firm. Any more than that and it's war with the wifey. :ne_nau:

As much as I want to bump up another thousand, I must decline and find something in my range.

There's an XL 650L online that I'm crunching over. Only 7K miles and cleeeeeeeeeean, with a desert tank. They want 2300 (it's a 94), so that won't happen, but I'll try my hardest to work it. I just hope it's still available in a week, when my returns come.

If only I could, Reedus. Thanks for offering to help though. :nod:

nelsonccc
01-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Just finished up with my taxes and suddenly, I feel compelled to buy a bike!

I need a dual purpose bike to get me around wherever I may roam and am wondering if anyone on Bogley might have something that fits the bill.

Ideally, I really want a Kawasaki KLR 650, but I know the odds are slim for that.

The bike needs to be in good working condition and at least 500cc, as it will be on the highway a bit before finding the dirt.

$2000 limit

PM if interested.

Thanks. :2thumbs:

Are you set on the KLR? I went through this same debate last year and ended up buying a DR650. Best decision I ever made. I do way more dirt than road and I love it. I take it to work every day (though its only a 3 mile commute) and out on the dirt (singletrack) once a month or so. I noticed that there are quite a few bikes for sale on the local craigslist as well as the dirt forums. I'll keep my eye open for you.

LOAH
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm just wishing about the KLR.

Any dual purpose would be good, as long as it's a higher displacement bike.

As time ticks on (less than a week to payday), my wife and I are starting to wonder if getting a 4x4 would be better...

I still want a bike though. We'll see. I'll contemplate a good offer.

Reedus
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Here is your deal Loah. Better jump on it before someone else does.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9522318&cat=236&lpid=

LOAH
01-30-2010, 07:58 PM
WOW!!!

We'll see if it lasts until Friday...I can't pay until then, so I'm at the mercy of everyone else on KSL.

That's the best bike deal I've seen in the past few days. :popcorn:

It's bookmarked.

LOAH
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Well, I ended up with a 4x4 instead. I'm pretty pleased with the deal I got, plus I can haul my family to most places now.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=1983596

:2thumbs: