PDA

View Full Version : St. George to Grand Canyon

moab mark
01-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I ran into a guy that told me there is a great ATV/Singletrack from George to the Grand Canyon? Anybody know anything about this?

Mark

double moo
01-22-2010, 04:14 PM
search for Toroweap. Acca headed out there a while back. I've been out also but from the Pipe Springs direction. Awesome views and no crowds. To enter the park you must have a licensed street legal bike.

nelsonccc
01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
The singletrack is spotty. there are some pretty well defined fire road/ atv trails between st george and toroweep (not talking about the big graded road). The majority of the singletrack paralells the road out of bloomingotn into trumbell.

There is also some remarkable trail that follows the park boundary heading east and west about 3-5 miles north of the ranger station. You can follow this trail east for miles and miles but it is mostly atv track. I dont have my atlas in front of me but you're looking for canyons spring and seegmiller spring. These are tiny little roads that wind all through this country.

I first got turned onto it from the ADVrider web site. There is a Bar Ten ranch ride put together every once in a while that travels all through this country.

Good luck. If you go send out an invite.

oldno7
01-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Bar Ten will get you closer to the river than Toroweap.

DaveOU812
01-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Been there with the old man. Started raining on us so we only went about half way. I wouldn't say its a single track though. Ask Acca, I know he's been out that way before.

moab mark
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
The singletrack is spotty. there are some pretty well defined fire road/ atv trails between st george and toroweep (not talking about the big graded road). The majority of the singletrack paralells the road out of bloomingotn into trumbell.

There is also some remarkable trail that follows the park boundary heading east and west about 3-5 miles north of the ranger station. You can follow this trail east for miles and miles but it is mostly atv track. I dont have my atlas in front of me but you're looking for canyons spring and seegmiller spring. These are tiny little roads that wind all through this country.

I first got turned onto it from the ADVrider web site. There is a Bar Ten ranch ride put together every once in a while that travels all through this country.

Good luck. If you go send out an invite.

Went over and checked out advrider.com. Man there is alot of traffic on that site.
got anymore dirtbike forums?

accadacca
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Here is the link to the dirt road I took several years ago: http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328

advrider is a very good site and also KTMTALK.com