PDA

View Full Version : Mesquite Motorcycling?

moab mark
01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Anybody know if there is any fun motorcycling around Mesquite for an 8 year old? Something like Washington Dam in St. George?

Mark

accadacca
01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Anybody know if there is any fun motorcycling around Mesquite for an 8 year old? Something like Washington Dam in St. George?

Mark
Lotta biking there. I am not an expert because I have only ridden there once. I am sure you can find you way around.

nelsonccc
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM

Mark

I've never been riding in mesquite proper but I can tell you that the gold butte area is loaded. It's a short 20 min ride out of mesquite and ther are a ton of washes (some with running water) and lots of good trails. On google earth there is a trail map and some info that soemone has prepared for the area. Highly reccomend.

here is my Tr from when we were there; http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15224

moab mark
01-15-2010, 08:43 PM

Mark

I've never been riding in mesquite proper but I can tell you that the gold butte area is loaded. It's a short 20 min ride out of mesquite and ther are a ton of washes (some with running water) and lots of good trails. On google earth there is a trail map and some info that soemone has prepared for the area. Highly reccomend.

here is my Tr from when we were there; http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15224

Nelsoncc,

Can you lead me to where this is on googel earth could not locate?

oldno7
01-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Mark
Start here...
It's been several years since I've been out there.
Once hauled a 30' camp trailer and waverunners to the lake on this road.(not recommended.

oldno7
01-16-2010, 07:05 AM
The first part of the road is asphalt(kinda)
I'm guessing this would be a good camp for biking.
The Gold Butte Road is the black line coming from top left of the picture.

oldno7
01-16-2010, 07:13 AM
We camped down here. At the time the lake was up and you had access from here. Both down the Lake and up the river.

The road comes down past Tassi Springs.