PDA

View Full Version : I need a recommendation for gloves

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 04:56 AM
I work outside and I get these nasty cracks in my fingertips. I need some gloves that are warm, but dexterous and tacky enough to allow me to shuffle papers. Any ideas? And while I'm at it, any ideas for some kind of cream that will help prevent or heal up these cracks?

oldno7
12-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Jim
I work outside a lot, I use the wool, fingerless gloves. If it is really cold I will put a cheap pair of cotton gloves under the wool ones.

As far as the split's on fingertips--no balms or lotions ever worked for me, the answer is "super glue" and they will heal on their own under this layer. Once you have super glued the split's most of the pain is gone, as no air can get to the deep split's.

MY T PIMP
12-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I would just get the cheap cotton brown jersey gloves, because if your like me you end up losing them some where anyways.

Bo_Beck
12-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Outdoor Research Vert Gloves; Mountain Hardwear Epic Gloves; Climb-On Healing Bar; Joshua Tree Healing Salve

Jaxx
12-30-2009, 08:59 AM
would the latex dipped cotton ones work? might be too bulky for paperwork stuff but they keep my hands warm when I am working outside shoveling the walk and whatnot.

I would go to a local climbing store and see what they have for your hands. Or do the super manly thing and superglue them like Kurt says. :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
12-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Not sure about gloves - there are a lot out there you can try, but depending on the amount of paper you have to shuffle, it may be tricky.

I'd give Bag Balm a try, though, and superglue for sure when you do get splits. Superglue rocks!

Scott Card
12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I'd give Bag Balm a try, though, and superglue for sure when you do get splits. Superglue rocks! x2 for both Bag Balm and Superglue. When I get splits in my fingers, I put a bunch of bag balm on my hands at night and cover them with socks and go to sleep. That seems to speed the healing process.

Felicia
12-30-2009, 12:17 PM
I'd give Bag Balm a try, though, and superglue for sure when you do get splits. Superglue rocks! x2 for both Bag Balm and Superglue. When I get splits in my fingers, I put a bunch of bag balm on my hands at night and cover them with socks and go to sleep. That seems to speed the healing process.

Bag balm and socks work really well. When it is really bad, use Avon Cracked Heel cream and rubber gloves - yeah I know, really uncomfortable to sleep with rubber gloves, but it works very well, and quickly.

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:39 PM

I've used Bag Balm and it helps--just not fast enough. I haven't tried the socks though, so maybe I'll give that a try. And the Superglue. Hey, thanks all of you for all the good pointers. :2thumbs:

UTJetdog
12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand creme works well. It also makes a good chamois butter if you ride a bike. Reasonable priced at about $4 per tube at Wally World. :2thumbs:

R
12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I had a feeling this thread would end up being about rubber gloves and lubricant. Way to go, Bogleyites!

REDFOX
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
I use the neutrogena for cracked finger tips. Army Navy Surplus for cheap 4.00 wool gloves. I only cut the index finger and thumb off for better dexterity. On really cold days a 10 hour grabber heat pack in my coat pocket will make the cold more bearable.

Wasatch Rebel
12-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Thanks for all the helpful tips! :2thumbs: