PDA

View Full Version : Where should we go for our anniverary dinner tonight?

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 04:35 AM
So, today is me and my wife's 29th. We live in Salt Lake Valley, and she would seriously be upset if we spent more than $50-$60 on going out to dinner tonight. With that in mind, what do you recommend?

oldno7
12-30-2009, 06:20 AM
I have no dinner recommend, but congratulation's on the 29th. :2thumbs:
Our 29th will be in June.

Alex
12-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Hmm, I'd take her somewhere where you guys used to hang out 29 years ago :2thumbs:

I am sure back then you couldn't afford more than $50 anyways :nod:

James_B_Wads2000
12-30-2009, 07:12 AM
My favorite expensive restaurant is Market Street Grill Downtown (http://www.gastronomyinc.com/msg/). I am a seafood lover and they are the best in the state. The king crab and clam chowder can

Alex
12-30-2009, 07:37 AM
I like Market Street Girll Oyster bar, the restaurant feels like a cafeteria to me. The bar feels like you are in a nice restaurant, God knows you are paying that much for the food.

BruteForce
12-30-2009, 07:47 AM
$50-60 won't get you much for a two-person dinner.

That being said, our favorite cheap place (when the wife and I were dating) is the Italian Village on the East side around 9th East and 50th South

DiscGo
12-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Hmm, I'd take her somewhere where you guys used to hang out 29 years ago :2thumbs:

Awesome idea Alex!

kkemp
12-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Wow, my wife and I just had our 29th 10 days ago.

Cirrus2000
12-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey, it's our anniversary today, too! I feel like such a noob - only 23 years for us. Unfortunately, I have to work this evening, so we're going out for a family lunch before that. Mmmm, tacos.

Have a great anniversary!

tallsteve
12-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Tucanos, 162 South 400 West, Salt Lake City. If you're a meat lover, this is the place. Their salad bar is to die for also. They also have a birthday plan. Every year I get a buy one, get one free deal during my birthday month. Love that place!

denaliguide
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
burger king. show her how generous you are by letting her super size.

costco. polish and a soda for $1.50.

congrats on the anniversary. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Bohemian
www.bohemianbrewery.com

To me the place has a very warm upscale feeling at a reasonable price.

The Priogies & Bratwurst are my favorite ($15), they also have a killer Reuben Sandwich ($9).

:eat:

kkemp
12-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Bohemian
www.bohemianbrewery.com

To me the place has a very warm upscale feeling at a reasonable price.

The Priogies & Bratwurst are my favorite ($15), they also have a killer Reuben Sandwich ($9).

We were talking about going there tonight. But, now my wife's making soup for dinner because of the weather. Nan loves that place.

Win
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Happy Anniversary to all you December/Jan folks. :2thumbs:

Win

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I have no dinner recommend, but congratulation's on the 29th. :2thumbs:
Our 29th will be in June.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well.

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Yeah, we were so poor back then that we didn't even have a phone for a while! Our first date was to Max Mercier's Le Parisian, which used to be located on 4th South and 4th East, or something like that. No longer there. That's a good idea though. I'll have to think about that.

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]My favorite expensive restaurant is Market Street Grill Downtown (http://www.gastronomyinc.com/msg/). I am a seafood lover and they are the best in the state. The king crab and clam chowder can

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Wow, my wife and I just had our 29th 10 days ago.

Hey, way to go!

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
$50-60 won't get you much for a two-person dinner.

That being said, our favorite cheap place (when the wife and I were dating) is the Italian Village on the East side around 9th East and 50th South

I guess you're right, but for me it's a catch-22. I can spend more, and then she'll refuse to buy the clothes I give her money for, or something else she really needs--things I can never really buy for her because she has particular tastes that I don't often match.

Wasatch Rebel
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey, it's our anniversary today, too! I feel like such a noob - only 23 years for us. Unfortunately, I have to work this evening, so we're going out for a family lunch before that. Mmmm, tacos.

Have a great anniversary!

Kev, thanks! And I hope you're lunch was great! Congrats!

Alex
12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah, we were so poor back then that we didn't even have a phone for a while! Our first date was to Max Mercier's Le Parisian, which used to be located on 4th South and 4th East, or something like that. No longer there. That's a good idea though. I'll have to think about that.

I think after 29 years together it will be hard to impress your woman with some fancy restaurant. I think going back to the origin of some place that is dear to both of you is more important during an anniversary.

And congrats on making so far, not many people now days can say that....

UTJetdog
12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I think Alex knows what he is talking about. Especially with your wife being as practical/frugal as she sounds to be.

Good luck with whatever you decide and Congrats on 29 years together! :2thumbs:

accadacca
12-30-2009, 02:36 PM
when the wife and I were dating
:nono: You better still be "dating" if you know what I mean. :haha:

I love Bohemian too. :five:

Wasatch Rebel
12-31-2009, 05:20 AM
So, after all that, we ended up at Texas Roadhouse. Not flashy, not romantic, but we like it. I guess we don't really have a place that brings back memories--when we were newly married, as I said, we were poor. I thing our big eating out moments were stopping at 7-11 after work (we worked at the same place), and picking up a burrito and a chocolate donut, then eating them in the car. :lol8: Once we began having kids, we kept up that same mindset and rarely ate out, and if we did, it was Burger King or Wendy's . . . but mostly ate at home. Then I finally got a good job, and we have some favorite places to go eat, but those are places like Morelia's, the Mexican place in Murray, and the Philadephian sandwich place in Sandy. Not real upscale places!

Anyway, I sure appreciate all the great suggestions!

Iceaxe
12-31-2009, 10:15 AM
and the Philadephian sandwich place in Sandy.

That place was awesome!!! Best sandwih's on the planet....

But I finally stopped going there because it started be be dirty.... I swear the last 2 or 3 years that place never saw a mop or wash bucket....

I wish I knew anther good sandwich shop in the Sandy/Draper area.

:cool2:

UTJetdog
12-31-2009, 10:22 AM

Killer sammich - big time dive! :haha:

ststephen
12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
I didn't feel qualified to suggest Utah restaurants being a Californicator and all, but I actually visited the Texas Roadhouse in Sandy on our last trip. The staff was so wonderfully friendly it made a great start to our trip.

Hope you had a nice anniversary night out. Congratulations!

Wasatch Rebel
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM

But I finally stopped going there because it started be be dirty.... I swear the last 2 or 3 years that place never saw a mop or wash bucket....

I wish I knew anther good sandwich shop in the Sandy/Draper area.

Yeah, that place is no winner in the cleanliness category--however, I actually think it's gotten better in the last few months--they painted the walls. :haha: Several years ago when we first began going there we actually called the Board of Health on them, but the sandwich was so darned good we kept going there despite that it looked like a perfect place for assorted vermin. :lol8: Neither one of us has ever gotten sick off of their food by the way, for what that's worth.

Hope you had a nice anniversary night out. Congratulations!

Thanks! And we had a great night out.

Iceaxe
12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, that place is no winner in the cleanliness category--however, I actually think it's gotten better in the last few months--they painted the walls. :haha: Several years ago when we first began going there we actually called the Board of Health on them, but the sandwich was so darned good we kept going there despite that it looked like a perfect place for assorted vermin. :lol8: Neither one of us has ever gotten sick off of their food by the way, for what that's worth.

I'll have to stop in again.... their Hot Combo is my favorite sandwich ever. And they have real fries, not that frozen crap....

I've been there hundreds of times and never been sick.... but last time I was in I looked around and figured the odds were against me... also, the help was kinda scary looking... looked like something outta Zombieland.... It's been at least 2 years since I was last in.... I'll give it anther try.... only because the food is so dang good....

:bootyshake:

James_B_Wads2000
12-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks, James. I've always wanted to go to Market Street, but my wife can't stand seafood, and I ain't goin' alone!

You pick the day and we

Iceaxe
12-31-2009, 01:50 PM
[quote=jimflint1]Thanks, James. I've always wanted to go to Market Street, but my wife can't stand seafood, and I ain't goin' alone!

You pick the day and we

Wasatch Rebel
01-01-2010, 07:12 AM
[quote=jimflint1]Thanks, James. I've always wanted to go to Market Street, but my wife can't stand seafood, and I ain't goin' alone!

You pick the day and we

accadacca
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM

I'll have to stop in again.... their Hot Combo is my favorite sandwich ever. And they have real fries, not that frozen crap....

I've been there hundreds of times and never been sick.... but last time I was in I looked around and figured the odds were against me... also, the help was kinda scary looking... looked like something outta Zombieland.... It's been at least 2 years since I was last in.... I'll give it anther try.... only because the food is so dang good....

:bootyshake:
I have been there. They had something that looked like deep fried baby rats. :lol8: I think they were mushrooms or something... :ne_nau: