PDA

View Full Version : I'm here

kkemp
12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi, I'm Kevin Kemp. I've been exploring Utah on foot and by 4wd since 1970. I enjoy, hiking, backpacking, canyoneering and jeeping. I'm pretty new to canyoneering I have to say. In July, my family and a friend from work did Larry Canyon for the first time. My wife got a pretty bad injury which laid her up for the summer, but she still want's to do more. I recently created a website that has some of our trips posted. Most of it's 4wd stuff with some hiking/backpacking. It's at http://TripReportsPlus.com. Anyway, I didn't come here to advertise my site, but it's been a big part of my life lately so I thought I'd share that too.

Cheers!

Don
12-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Can't really check out your site while my boss is still here, but I'll get to it...
Anyway, Welcome Kevin!

Sombeech
12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to bogley. :cool2:

jman
12-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Wecome to Bogley!
Canyoneering is a blast! I think it should be the very core of every outdoor enthusiast.

Just a question for ya about your website if you don't mind. When you imbed the google maps into your webpage (which I'm still learning about), how do enable to have the pictures load up on the placemark along the trail? I like that idea, because it puts the hike into perspective.

Anywho, again, enjoy your stay here!

blueeyes
12-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Welcome!

kkemp
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
jman, I usedthe Google Map API to create the maps. It requires a bit of javascript. It's really pretty easy to do. As far as making the uploaded photos show up on the map in the correct place, that requires a bit of server side code. I have a few ways of figuring out the photo location. One is to examine the image for for gps coordinates. Next I compare the timestamp in the image file to the points in the track log. If that does not work, the author can drag the marker to where they think the photo was taken.

once you know the coordinates, you just create a marker overlay and add it to the map.

tanya
12-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Welcome :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
12-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Welcome to Bogley! Hey, look, another Kevin!

:five:

JP
12-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Howdy & Welcome :wavey: