PDA

View Full Version : Nude bathers cited at Utah County hot springs

savanna3313
12-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Sorry y'all.......no photos were available. :haha:

December 10th, 2009 @ 8:11am

UTAH COUNTY -- A confusing sign is coming down after a group of people were cited for skinny dipping at a hot springs in Utah County.

The Deseret News reports Utah County sheriff's deputies cited eight adults for lewdness at Diamond Fork Springs in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest on an October evening just before midnight.

A spokeswoman with the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, Lorraine Januzelli, says a sign posted near the springs warns bathers to be mindful of families and implies nudity at the springs is not illegal. Januzelli tells the Deseret News the forest service will take down the sign because it is causing confusion.

Some naturists are angry about the incident and tell the newspaper they tentatively plan a "soak-in" to protest.

The sheriff's office says it has repeatedly received reports of criminal activity, including sexual assaults, underage consumption of alcohol, and drug use at the hot springs.

tanya
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I want to do the soak in. I just needs lots of rum first! :cool2:

savanna3313
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM

In this cold weather, you will need lots of rum just to be warm enough to get nekkid! :haha:

tanya
12-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Not Bo! That man swims in ice water. Me however.. I would have to be almost ready to pass out. :haha: Don't mind the nekid' part, but the cold part is NO FUN!

Where is Bo?

(His wife had surgery yesterday. He should be hanging out on the net since he is home playing nurse!)

Don
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM

...I've got a bottle. :naughty:

tanya
12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I need 2 :roflol:

Sombeech
12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Bogley SoakFest

Don
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I need 2 :roflol:

There's a liquor store on the way there...

Deathcricket
12-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Me and James both got $50 fines each! Who would have thought. It was so worth it though.

:haha:

Jaxx
12-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Me and James both got $50 fines each! Who would have thought. It was so worth it though.

You guys were one of the couples! :roflol:

You going together to the soak in as well.

tanya
12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
:roflol:

Don
12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Not really surprising that they would crack down up there though. I don't think I've ever been up there and not seen nekkid people.

Too bad our puritan heritage has made Americans a bunch of prudes who can't tell the difference between nudity and sexuality. :frustrated:

tanya
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
I doubt I could tell after 2 bottles either. :haha:

accadacca
12-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Not really surprising that they would crack down up there though.
:bootyshake:

stefan
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Some naturists are angry about the incident and tell the newspaper they tentatively plan a "soak-in" to protest.

:rockon:

James_B_Wads2000
12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
The sheriff's office says it has repeatedly received reports of criminal activity, including sexual assaults, underage consumption of alcohol, and drug use at the hot springs.

It is the tards in Utah County who make up stories of crime because they are offended to see people who aren

denaliguide
12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
i, so, didn't need that. :dropmouth:

Cirrus2000
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
a bunch of prudes who can't tell the difference between nudity and sexuality. :frustrated:

:nod:

LOAH
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
"Just before midnight"

Okay...

Who the hell is bringing their families up to the hot pots in the middle of the night?

Nobody.

The deputies were just bored. Everybody knows about the DF pots and that people get naked in them. They were probably hoping to score some weed from some hippies.

Thanks for wasting my tax money, guys. I'm sure some real crimes were committed while you were up hiking to the springs. :roll:

Sombeech
12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.ismileyu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/barf.jpg

Scott P
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Dang, this all reminds me of a trip to the Kennedy Hot Springs (in Washington) when I was a kid.

We were at this hot spring (maybe 100 feet away) and some guys and girls start to undress. My mom didn

Sombeech
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I still remember her expression when we told her that he too was naked in the hot spring.

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

I was in Ogden Canyon with some buddies in High School. These two chicks stripped down right in front of us and hopped in the same little pot as us. It was dark though, but there was enough light to see that they were ugly.

greyhair biker
12-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I've done the nekkid soak up at Diamond Fork(three forks) and I LOVED it both times.....my picture is floating around on here somewhere still.... :naughty:

LOAH
12-11-2009, 06:02 AM
I've never dipped in the DF springs. My experience there is packing in a D'jembe and drumming all night above the pools.

The cops really missed out, that night. :2thumbs:

I soaked in the Lehi mud pots a couple of times back in the day though.

blueeyes
12-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I've done the nekkid soak up at Diamond Fork(three forks) and I LOVED it both times.....my picture is floating around on here somewhere still.... :naughty:

link please :naughty:

DiscGo
12-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I think the rule should be something like only attractive people can skinny dip. I have seen some REALLY disgusting things up at the hot pots... REALLY DISGUSTING. So as someone who has seen too many gross, fat, old, naked people up there, I don't mind these citations at all.

I don't mind people skinny dipping, but it shouldn't be in such a public situation. I have shared a pool up there lots of times with naked people and usually they are very discrete and are tasteful about it (and you wouldn't normally even pick up on it). But when you have gross people promintely displayed it ruins the whole thing.

They should have like a height to weight ratio coupled with an age limit for a formula of who can and cannot skinny dip :haha:

chamonix
12-11-2009, 09:56 AM
I think the rule should be something like only attractive people can skinny dip.

I guess that rules you out...

:ahhh:

Sombeech
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I think the rule should be something like only attractive people can skinny dip.

OH SNAP

Cirrus2000
12-11-2009, 10:29 AM

Member since Jan 31, 2008. One post.

Way to save it up!!!

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/01/oh-snap-chart-.jpg

denaliguide
12-11-2009, 11:05 AM

and the self esteem takes another hit. :roflol:

DiscGo
12-11-2009, 11:21 AM

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

chromehead58
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
they are just now discovering diamond fork...has been a great ride and then an after ride soak for many a year...as for the cold, just stay in the water then you have no worries...

savanna3313
12-11-2009, 11:53 AM

link please :naughty:

I remember that photo! :naughty: You should post it again. :2thumbs:

tanya
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I think its in the mug thread. Its a sexy one!

greyhair biker
12-11-2009, 07:52 PM
:ne_nau: I must comply...

Cirrus2000
12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
His legs are both under the water, interestingly enough.

Just sayin'.

Sombeech
12-11-2009, 08:54 PM
His legs are both under the water, interestingly enough.

No, I see his leg right th- :eek2:

tanya
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
:roflol:

jman
12-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Too bad our puritan heritage has made Americans a bunch of prudes who can't tell the difference between nudity and sexuality. :frustrated:

So.....................what is the difference?

And when people say they are "expressing" their "sexuality" at hot springs, what does mean entirely?

When I visit public places I sure as hell better not see your penis flapping in the wind, in the name of "sexuality". And I better not see any boobs flapping either. If it's my wife, that's a different story. That's between me and her, not other people. And I'm not going to let other people watch us. And if you like people watching you in your "nudity" or "sexuality" expressions, then make sure there is some type of barrier to protect the innocent.

Now, I do understand that people have sexual preferences, fetishes, disorders, whatever you wanna call it, but that's between those two people and/or that group. Example, if you want to have a orgy with your 5 best male friends, be my guests. I just don't want to see it, stumble upon it, without a warning, like a sign or dedicated building or locked doors - just something. Then you can do all the things you ever dreamed of, if that's your choice. That way, I'm protected. Call me a prude. Call me uptight. I love the woman's body just as much or more than the next guy and I get just as excited, horny, aroused, whatever as the next guy too. But when it comes to the public show and tell, that's a bit different.

"The Hot springs you are about to enter may contain the following actions: type in your sexual fantansies." That way, I can have MY rights too and face the consequences if I enter the hot springs. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against your sexuality, it's just I don't want to see it without warning. Like nude beaches. Those are fine with me, because they have some type of warning. And I'm going to express my sexuality in public, by holding another woman's hand. But I'm not going to undress ourselves and show the world, because that's nudity, not sexuality.

Again, nudity or sexuality, should be behind closed doors, away from the public and with a warning or some type of barrier to protect the innocent.

And if sexuality means two guys holding hands in public, that means SEXUALITY, not nudity. Two guys naked in a public place is not SEXUALITY but rather NUDITY. If the two guys wanted to show off their sexuality in public, why not have full frontals in the grocery store, mall, etc?? I'm sure Scott Card can answer your questions if you are still confused.

I'm spinning my wheels here, trying to make a point, and hopefully you can see my side. IE. I don't want to see genitals flapping in the wind, regardless in the name of "nudity" or "sexuality".

Don
12-12-2009, 05:11 AM

So.....................what is the difference?

And when people say they are "expressing" their "sexuality" at hot springs, what does mean entirely?

When I visit public places I sure as hell better not see your penis flapping in the wind, in the name of "sexuality". And I better not see any boobs flapping either. If it's my wife, that's a different story. That's between me and her, not other people. And I'm not going to let other people watch us. And if you like people watching you in your "nudity" or "sexuality" expressions, then make sure there is some type of barrier to protect the innocent.

Now, I do understand that people have sexual preferences, fetishes, disorders, whatever you wanna call it, but that's between those two people and/or that group. Example, if you want to have a orgy with your 5 best male friends, be my guests. I just don't want to see it, stumble upon it, without a warning, like a sign or dedicated building or locked doors - just something. Then you can do all the things you ever dreamed of, if that's your choice. That way, I'm protected. Call me a prude. Call me uptight. I love the woman's body just as much or more than the next guy and I get just as excited, horny, aroused, whatever as the next guy too. But when it comes to the public show and tell, that's a bit different.

"The Hot springs you are about to enter may contain the following actions: type in your sexual fantansies." That way, I can have MY rights too and face the consequences if I enter the hot springs. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against your sexuality, it's just I don't want to see it without warning. Like nude beaches. Those are fine with me, because they have some type of warning. And I'm going to express my sexuality in public, by holding another woman's hand. But I'm not going to undress ourselves and show the world, because that's nudity, not sexuality.

Again, nudity or sexuality, should be behind closed doors, away from the public and with a warning or some type of barrier to protect the innocent.

And if sexuality means two guys holding hands in public, that means SEXUALITY, not nudity. Two guys naked in a public place is not SEXUALITY but rather NUDITY. If the two guys wanted to show off their sexuality in public, why not have full frontals in the grocery store, mall, etc?? I'm sure Scott Card can answer your questions if you are still confused.

I'm spinning my wheels here, trying to make a point, and hopefully you can see my side. IE. I don't want to see genitals flapping in the wind, regardless in the name of "nudity" or "sexuality".

My point exactly. Our puritan heritage has made Americans a bunch of prudes who can't tell the difference between nudity and sexuality.
Start with a dictionary.

greyhair biker
12-12-2009, 07:05 AM
a persons' upbringing has lots to do with what you'll accept or find 'prudish'. I was'nt brought up any different that y'all but my dad spent his summers growing up on the shore of the Baltic Sea living 'bohemian style' with a bunch of nudists. He never thought any different of them for seeing their 'altogethers' flapping in the breeze. I'm not saying I DID let it all hang out as a kid but I guess I don't find it offensive in the slightest.......BUT.....I will say that seeing a bunch of people letting their battlescars all hang out isn't all that appealing :haha: - I'm just not going to choose to take offense :ne_nau: :ne_nau:

stefan
12-12-2009, 08:13 AM
The eight complained that a Forest Service sign near the site just east of Spanish Fork made it sound like bathing in the buff was allowed, but the citations were issued anyway, because state and county statutes are clear about public nudity being a no-no.

Lorraine Januzelli, spokeswoman for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, said both the deputies and the skinny dippers were right -- and the forest plans to remove the sign and, eventually, replace it with another one making clear the naked truth.

"The sign does say 'while nudity is not prohibited on forest trails,'" Januzelli said. "It also advises discretion, though, noting that the area is used by families and scouting troops."

The Code of Federal Regulations governing the forest does not prohibit nudity except where it can easily be observed by another person who may be offended.

In some states, that is that. But in other states classified as "proprietary" under their constitutions, such as Utah, state and county laws regarding nudity trump the federal code, Junuzelli explained.

"The sign will be coming down in the next couple days, as soon as the snow allows the rangers to remove it," she said Thursday. Sometime later, a new sign -- referencing state and county statutes banning public nudity -- will replace the marker.

Nudity has been banned for some time on the Wasatch-Cache portion of the forest, but it had not specifically been prohibited on the Uinta part. The two forests were merged in 2008, and apparently no one noticed the discrepancy until the eight citations were issued Oct. 11.
No court dates were immediately scheduled, but Pioli and her seven co-defendants could face maximum penalties of up to six months in jail and $1,000 fines.

savanna3313
12-12-2009, 12:45 PM

That's the one! :knary: :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
12-12-2009, 05:56 PM

That's the one! :knary: :2thumbs:
:naughty: :bootyshake:

DiscGo
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Our puritan heritage has made Americans a bunch of prudes who can't tell the difference between nudity and sexuality.

My little boy is constantly naked and not the least bit sexual. I wonder what happens that people develop such a complex about nudity.

jman
12-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Okay, since everyone is in support of nudity and sexuality, why can't I come to your house and show you my nakedness? And you'll say "hell no!, I don't want to see you naked". But how come? I'm expressing my right to "nudity" and "sexuality" and YOU should just accept it, just like at the hot springs.

ugh........my point is decency.

DiscGo
12-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I was only commenting on how a naked small child is perfectly innocent and the change that occurs as children develop.

jman
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I was only commenting on how a naked small child is perfectly innocent and the change that occurs as children develop.

My fault on the misguided reply, sorry. But the point of decency is still in question.

Good question, though. Freud attempts to answer it...

CarpeyBiggs
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
difference is - hotsprings are public. it's dark. and you don't really have to look at people if you don't want to. duh.

big freakin' deal. what's the point of soaking in nature if you can't be natural?

jman
12-12-2009, 10:44 PM
difference is - hotsprings are public. it's dark. and you don't really have to look at people if you don't want to. duh.

big freakin' deal. what's the point of soaking in nature if you can't be natural?

okay...

That's all fine and dandy. You can do whatever you want, as long as there is some warning. What's hard about that? That's all I'm saying.

But maybe I've been wrong all this time......the darkness, IS the warning. It is true though, the times I've been to hot springs in the day time there is no one naked whatsoever. Go figure. Perhaps the light interferes with the person's "nudity" or "sexuality"? haha.

James_B_Wads2000
12-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Okay, since everyone is in support of nudity and sexuality, why can't I come to your house and show you my nakedness? And you'll say "hell no!, I don't want to see you naked".

Come on over! I would love to see you naked. :naughty:

James

Sombeech
12-12-2009, 11:00 PM
LOL Gays

jman
12-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Okay, since everyone is in support of nudity and sexuality, why can't I come to your house and show you my nakedness? And you'll say "hell no!, I don't want to see you naked".

Come on over! I would love to see you naked. :naughty:

James

haha. Your second "modeling" pic, makes me laugh. I showed my coworker this thread and she saw the pictures and was "OMG that is disturbing, but it looks like he's having a good time." haha, she makes me laugh. Was that Gandy Warm Springs?

BTW, what's everyone's favorite hot springs?

Mine are:
1) Meadow (crystal clear, hardly any sulphur smell, rarely busy)
2) Diamond Fork (lots of places, cold stream to "control" hot water temp but busy)
3) Ogden (easy access, suprisingly not tooooo busy, but dirty)
4) Pah Tempe (St. George), but its closed for now, unfortunately.
5) Saratoga (easy access, very warm, not busy, but a bit shallow though)

James_B_Wads2000
12-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I showed my coworker this thread and she saw the pictures and was "OMG that is disturbing, but it looks like he's having a good time."

Tell her that she an uppity bitch and that yes I was quite enjoying myself. :haha:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3081

James

jman
12-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I showed my coworker this thread and she saw the pictures and was "OMG that is disturbing, but it looks like he's having a good time."

Tell her that she an uppity bitch and that yes I was quite enjoying myself. :haha:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3081

James

haha will do.

My favorite part of that entire TR was this line, "I just smiled, looked at the girl

hank moon
12-13-2009, 07:58 AM
That's all fine and dandy. You can do whatever you want, as long as there is some warning. What's hard about that? That's all I'm saying.

But maybe I've been wrong all this time......the darkness, IS the warning. It is true though, the times I've been to hot springs in the day time there is no one naked whatsoever. Go figure. Perhaps the light interferes with the person's "nudity" or "sexuality"? haha.

hot springs implies nudity. folks like to soak unclothed - pretty common knowledge, isn't it?

hot springs in a remote location...why does there need to be a warning?

NSD is cultural conditioning, and for no good reason - unless you enjoy added stress in life! If you can acknowledge that conditioning when its affects arise, then perhaps tolerance can follow?

Scott P
12-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I think the locals here had this problem solved a long time ago. Why can't the Utahns figure it out? :ne_nau:

Anyway over here, nudity at the local hotsprings in banned before sunset. After sunset nudity (not sexulaity) is allowed. What's wrong with that? :ne_nau:

Lizzard
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I enjoy the occasional naked soak at Diamond Fork. :naughty: