PDA

View Full Version : Biking goals for 2010

Sombeech
12-01-2009, 10:26 AM
one of my goals is to ride more trails north of Ogden, like some Logan/Brigham City trails, and even up by Bear Lake.

IntrepidXJ
12-01-2009, 10:45 AM
...to ride more. Mostly around Fruita/Loma

blueeyes
12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I am going to compete in XTERRA next September. Goal is to cross the finish line.

Explore more trails in St. George and go to Fruita and Wade's bike park!

Dream would be to go to another DirtSeries Bike Camp. I learned so much.

Learn how to adjust my shifters and other bike maintenance.

live2ride
12-01-2009, 12:13 PM
My main goal is to ride 1,000 miles and hit some of the epic trails in Park City, and ride with the tuesday crew more this year

chromehead58
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM

cachehiker
12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
To get three December, two January, and three February commutes in this winter, get as good of a jump on the riding season as I did in 2008, and then ride twice as many trails as I did in 2009.

Due to a backorder, I had no roadie bike and was left unable to get any speed work or distance work in until late May of 2009. Then I got roped into doing twice as many home improvement projects as I had planned to give some out of work friends something extra to do for an extra $100 here and there.

Thanks to an afternoon spent drinking beer around the bbq :friday: followed by a bit of poor judgement (driving), two of those friends will officially be out of circulation until late next year.

TreeHugger
12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
My goal is to RIDE MORE. I always end up running and running and then doing more running.

To this end, I am planning on a duo team to race the Park City Point 2 Point race and to fly back to MI to do the Iceman race in November (if we get in the lottery). I need race goals to keep me focused and motivated to get on the bike more.

Chere - kudos to you for XTerra - if only I could swim, I would race it with ya!!

accadacca
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
So far...

- To keep riding with the Tuesday crew
- Ride in Fruita

Skylinerider
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
To actually ride.....I only rode once in 2009.

greyhair biker
12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
First goal - get final approval on trail systems here to the point we put out an official map.
Second - finish the bikepark
Third - ride 50+ miles per week
Fourth - ride BST in Ogden. I've never ridden it. Really
Fifth -Ride in Vernal.
Sixth - Ride Fruita.
......a good start eh? :haha:

devo_stevo
12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Next year I am going to go ahead and try my hand at the intermountain cup races again. I used to do a lot of them, but got out of it for a couple of years.

Also, this time, I am actually going to train and prepare for the 24 Hours of Moab. I've always just kind of shown up, but this time, I would like to ride faster and feel better at the end.

Oh and of course there is always cyclocross. It's my new favorite kind of bike racing. Sooooooooo much fun. I'm going to try to place well in those next year too. Tomorrow is the last of the cross races for the year and I already am looking forward to it next year.

Sombeech
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
devo_stevo, we've gotta hook up and do that Grizzly Bear trail in Perry, and you'll have to show me some rides in Logan Canyon.

My cousin in law Rob is always saying he rides that Perry trail.

devo_stevo
12-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd love to take you up Perry Canyon. That's a great trail. Just let me know when. Probably won't be much good after it snows this weekend. Maybe a good snowshoe trek though.

As for Logan Canyon, I know a few of the rides up there, but I am not an expert in that area. I'd love to go though. Some great stuff up there for sure. There is some really good stuff up Blacksmith Fork Canyon in Cache valley too. Richard's Hollow is one of my all time favorite trails.

DOSS
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
My goal is to get a bike and go out.. haven't been on a bike in 9 years :eek2:

neilether
12-04-2009, 09:54 AM
devo_stevo, we've gotta hook up and do that Grizzly Bear trail in Perry, and you'll have to show me some rides in Logan Canyon.

My cousin in law Rob is always saying he rides that Perry trail.

Perry Canyon is a sweet trail. We should definitely get some group rides in up there. There is a bunch of good stuff up Logan Canyon as well. Stupid winter!

devo_stevo
12-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Stupid winter!

Now now. There is no reason to insult an entire season here. :haha:

Seriously though, I used to feel the same way. Then I started telemark skiing two years ago (I still suck at it BTW). Now I like the winters as much as the rest of the year.

The only times that I don't like are the times like right now. It's dark when I get off of work, and it's too cold for any riding without bundling up, but there's no snow to ski on in the mountains really either. That sucks.

Oh and hopefully I will be able to hook up with you guys sometime this summer and go for a good ride up Logan Canyon. You seem to know where all of the good stuff is up there.

IntrepidXJ
12-04-2009, 10:22 AM
With all the interest in riding Fruita.....maybe we should start planning a BogleyFest there ;)

accadacca
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
With all the interest in riding Fruita.....maybe we should start planning a BogleyFest there ;)
Sounds good to me. :2thumbs:

neilether
12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Now now. There is no reason to insult an entire season here. :haha:

Seriously though, I used to feel the same way. Then I started telemark skiing two years ago (I still suck at it BTW). Now I like the winters as much as the rest of the year.

The only times that I don't like are the times like right now. It's dark when I get off of work, and it's too cold for any riding without bundling up, but there's no snow to ski on in the mountains really either. That sucks.

Oh and hopefully I will be able to hook up with you guys sometime this summer and go for a good ride up Logan Canyon. You seem to know where all of the good stuff is up there.

ACtually, you have an excellent point. I'm just annoyed with the transition to winter. I love skiing and things will be better once the resorts open up on non man-made snow.

FYI, I've got a 35 mile ride mapped out (never ridden it) up Logan Canyon that is probably 70% singletrack and something like 6000 total vertical gain........

neilether
12-04-2009, 10:33 AM

My core group of riders is already planning a Spring Fruita adventure. Probably late March/Early April........anybody else interested in those dates??

devo_stevo
12-04-2009, 10:55 AM
FYI, I've got a 35 mile ride mapped out (never ridden it) up Logan Canyon that is probably 70% singletrack and something like 6000 total vertical gain........
See. Now you're talking my language. I love those types of rides. One of my favorite things to do is look at maps and find trails that I've never been on, but I've been past them and may not have even noticed them before. Then go out and try to find them. I've found some great routes that way.

Let me know when this 35 miler is going off and I will do my darndest to get there. I didn't get to do the ride I planned on doing this year from Brigham to Mantua to Liberty to Ben Lomond to Willard Basin to Grizzley Peak down Perry Canyon and back to Brigham. I still think that would be a killer ride.

nd11nc
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
My goal in 2010 is to get out with you guys on tuesday at LEAST acouple times.

I would like to actually be in some sort of riding shape before the bike season starts so I can enjoy the early spring rides instead of working on getting into shape.

More saddle time, I logged about 500 miles last season, so 600+ miles will be this years goal.

I would like to explore and ride more new trails for 2010.

And hit the White Rim trail in Moab harder and faster then I did it acouple years ago!

I hope everyone has a Great Holiday season and good luck on your goals in 2010!

blueeyes
12-08-2009, 11:08 AM

X2

greyhair biker
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM

X2

Me too Me too!

Riseforms
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
1. Buy bike.
2. Ride said bike.
3. Anybody have a good, cheap used bike?

neilether
12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
1. Buy bike

What are you looking for? My boss has a full suspension KHS (nothing super fancy, but it's a good bike) that he is trying to sell for around $500. It was slightly less than that at last check......

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=31653&Type=bike

It is this bike but with an upgraded fork.

Sombeech
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
One more goal I have... to get another bike. I've been riding my Klein has a couple thousand miles on it (when the odometer broke). It's still in decent shape, but I just need more suspension. I'd love it in the 6" range, and more of an All Mountain bike. I've been looking at Kona, I'll probably go used too.

accadacca
12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Who has the goal to make it up puke hill on the crest? Or who already made it last year? :haha: I made it a few times last year. :Ahnuld:

Riseforms
12-09-2009, 09:48 PM
1. Buy bike

What are you looking for? My boss has a full suspension KHS (nothing super fancy, but it's a good bike) that he is trying to sell for around $500. It was slightly less than that at last check......

I would be interested in something like that. It's gonna have to wait a couple of months though. I should have mentioned that (just had a baby and it's christmas, etc. and so forth)

Thanks though.

tallsteve
12-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I made it up Puke Hill this year! What a grind!

My goals for 2010:

1- Ride the Crest trail more than once per year (AF Canyon is so close to home so that's where I go 99% of the time). The crest trail rocks!
2- Do more of the northern Bogley rides.
3- I did 2 ICUP races in 2009. I want to do 4 in 2010. I took 3rd and 1st respectively in the 2 I did this year but racing really isn't my thing anymore.
4- Not riding per se, but I personally did 150 hours of trailwork in 2009 in AF Canyon as part of our club trail adoption. Goal for 2010: 170 hours.
5- Do 700 aerobic base-building road miles by the end of April.
6- Hit Gooseberry, Thunder Mountain and Moab at least twice in 2010. Didn't make it to any of them this year. I'll blame it on my sons bone-marrow transplant and subsequent treatments and recovery. He just couldn't be left alone.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

chromehead58
12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Beech, you need to try the speicialized enduro...if you wanna try mine out, plan a date and you can take mine for a test drive...I will be out of commission till march..just had back surgery, but if you wanna try and get a st george ride in march or april..would work for me.
I am telling you, this had been my favorite bike, and it is my fourth bike...

TreeHugger
12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
1. Buy bike

I would be interested in something like that. It's gonna have to wait a couple of months though. I should have mentioned that (just had a baby and it's christmas, etc. and so forth)

Thanks though.

Side bar: (dont mean to hyjack the thread)...
Riseforms, your pic looks like you are a trailrunner -yes? I would really like someone to run with more this spring/summer... (well, unless you are super fast) :-)

Riseforms
12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
1. Buy bike

Thanks though.

Riseforms, your pic looks like you are a trailrunner -yes? I would really like someone to run with more this spring/summer... (well, unless you are super fast) :-)

TreeHugger,
Anytime. The more the merrier. And I am certainly not super fast, quite the opposite. I should be attempting to get some winter trail runs in as well if you are interested, usually in the dark though.

TreeHugger
12-12-2009, 03:46 PM
1. Buy bike

Thanks though.

TreeHugger,
Anytime. The more the merrier. And I am certainly not super fast, quite the opposite. I should be attempting to get some winter trail runs in as well if you are interested, usually in the dark though.

Definitely interested... I have a couple of trail "races" on my schedule for next year, I dont like running by myself in the mountains too much. Let's keep in touch (you can PM me here)... why do you run in the dark? In the winter? Brrrr. OUt of work later? I get out at 3:00, which is nice.

theking648
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
my goal is to do some training and enter an icup race in the spring...... on not.. :lol8: