PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR - Intrepid Trails at Deadhorse Point

Brewhaha
11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
On Day 3 of our four-day, Thanksgiving Day, mountain biking fest we tackled the brand new Intrepid Trails (opened May 2009) at Dead Horse Point north of Moab. The weather was perfect and the ride sure made the leftover turkey taste good.

The trail system is absolutely perfect for a family outing like ours. A short loop option is available as an alternative to the longer 8 mile complete loop. My 8-year old rode the entire large loop on his little single-speed Walmart BMX bike with pedal brakes and he loved it. Much of the single-track trail is very smooth with very minimal amounts of sand. There are a couple small climbs and a couple rock obstacles to overcome but nothing that can't be ridden or walked in short order.

This trail is perfect for absolute beginning mountain bikers, children, and even more serious riders who just want to enjoy a casual ride. Even small children can ride the extremely smooth west side of the loop (even though they would be riding the loop backward.)

The trail is made even better by the incredible views available all along the east side. Take your camera and take your time.

The only drawback of this trail is that you must pay $10 to enter the state park to ride it. But, if you consider that you can enjoy the overlook as well as the trail, then perhaps the money is worth it.

Detailed info here: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/dead-horse-pt.htm

Sombeech
11-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Cool. :cool2: How'd you find out about it?

Brewhaha
11-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Here: http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19175

and here: www.utahmountainbiking.com

accadacca
11-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Very cool. Thanks for posting. You guys had a HUGE group. :2thumbs:

TreeHugger
11-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice pictures! Thanks for posting, I've been wondering what these trails were like... I'd REALLY like to run them.

greyhair biker
11-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Cool! Yet another reason to ride Moab! :2thumbs: