11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Still worth the hype if you ask me.

not shocking coming from the guy with the Kobe Bryant avatar :haha:

:roflol:

Kent K25
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Talk to me when the Jazz get just 1, I repeat, 1 NBA Championship. Kobe has 4....that's four more than the entire history of the Jazz organization.

4 Title rings...yeah it's all just Kobe hype.

Iceaxe
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Talk to me when the Jazz get just 1, I repeat, 1 NBA Championship. Kobe has 4....that's four more than the entire history of the Jazz organization.

Sounds like Kent has a man-crush (bro-mance?) on Kobe....

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

James_B_Wads2000
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Your defense is even more pathetic!

James

Kent K25
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Sounds like Ice and James are stuck in that depressed state we call Jazz fanhood. What's up is down, black is white, good is bad...how else could you keep rooting for a team that never gets it done?

asdf
11-21-2009, 09:57 AM

4 rings does not make up for being a rapist

CarpeyBiggs
11-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Sounds like Ice and James are stuck in that depressed state we call Jazz fanhood. What's up is down, black is white, good is bad...how else could you keep rooting for a team that never gets it done?

Funny coming from a BYU fan...

Kent K25
11-21-2009, 10:21 AM

Funny coming from a BYU fan...

Ha! I'm a BYU fan by birth, a Laker fan by choice. Besides...those Utes have a ton of NCAA Championships compared to the Cougars right? Just like the Lakers compared to the Jazz.

Man, sucks to be some of you guys....rooting for all sorts of teams that have never won it all.

savanna3313
11-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Man, sucks to be some of you guys....rooting for all sorts of teams that have never won it all.

Hell....I'm a New Orleans Saints fan - how do you think I feel!??!! :haha:
Of course, they are 9 and 0 so far! We can always dream and perhaps hell will truly freeze over this season! :five:

Skylinerider
11-21-2009, 11:51 AM
What was this thread about?

DiscGo
11-21-2009, 12:26 PM

CarpeyBiggs
11-21-2009, 01:31 PM

the point is, rapists are better than hamburgers, which in turn are better than lakers fans.

Iceaxe
11-21-2009, 02:10 PM

I have no clue what makes you think I'm a Jazz fan....

But I can tell you one thing.... no way am I going all brokeback over Kobe. :haha:

:cool2:

James_B_Wads2000
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Sounds like James is rooting for a team that never gets it done?

Now I know what it is like when I bring politics into the general forum :haha: Let me clarify: I don

Kent K25
11-21-2009, 06:10 PM
But I can tell you one thing.... no way am I going all brokeback over Kobe. :haha:

No one asked you to, nor did anyone bring that up...guess it was just on your mind. That guilty conscience will get ya everytime.

Kent K25
11-21-2009, 06:15 PM
[quote=Kent K25]Sounds like James is rooting for a team that never gets it done?

Now I know what it is like when I bring politics into the general forum :haha: Let me clarify: I don

accadacca
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Things get testy around here every winter and I don't expect a change this year. It is interesting to watch who bites the hook and jumps off the deep end over an internet forum.

Iceaxe
11-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Things get testy around here every winter and I don't expect a change this year. It is interesting to watch who bites the hook and jumps off the deep end over an internet forum.

***Ice.... casting to the deep end of the pond hoping to catch anther sucker***

:fishing:

jman
11-23-2009, 12:03 AM

You see, we are not just a "fair-weather" fan. We don't just join the bandwagon because a certain team is winning...we support our teams regardless, although it is better and more fun for us when our team is winning - naturally (although, I will admit that it is easier to root for and cheer for a team that always win..) But, we stick it out, rain or shine, to support our team. Those are fans with a spine.

BUT at least we know that YOU join the bandwagon when the sky is blue......

Iceaxe
11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
My problem with pro baseball, and to a slightly less extents pro basketball, is that I have little respect for leagues that allow teams to buy championships.

And before you start arguing.... does anyone really believe that Lebron will be playing in Cleveland next year?

Or in the immortal words of Derek Harper... "You go live in Utah".

The last collective bargining agreement really killed my interest in the NBA.

YMMV :cool2:

Iceaxe
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Kent?!? is this your post????

Should I get a Lakers Logo "tramp Stamp" Tattoo? Or Just Kobe's face?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091026165254AAGDAqV

Kent K25
11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Kent?!? is this your post????

Should I get a Lakers Logo "tramp Stamp" Tattoo? Or Just Kobe's face?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091026165254AAGDAqV

Of course not...my tramp stamp is just your wife's name in a big heart.

Kent K25
11-25-2009, 06:53 AM

You see, we are not just a "fair-weather" fan. We don't just join the bandwagon because a certain team is winning...we support our teams regardless, although it is better and more fun for us when our team is winning - naturally (although, I will admit that it is easier to root for and cheer for a team that always win..) But, we stick it out, rain or shine, to support our team. Those are fans with a spine.

BUT at least we know that YOU join the bandwagon when the sky is blue......

I'm not from Utah, I grew up in California and have always loved the Lakers...my dad isn't a die hard sports fan so my favorite teams come from all over for all sorts of reasons since I didn't know who to pick. I didn't realize until I was older that it was kind of screwed up to root for BYU football and UNLV basketball. I've been a Lakers fan since the Magic Johnson days.

As for bandwagon...yeah its good to be a Laker fan right now, but I've been one since I was 5.

Gimme a break, my poor Dolphins went 1-15 two seasons ago. I felt like I was rooting for the Jazz. :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
11-25-2009, 08:33 AM