PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Triggers

tmartenst
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Anybody use wireless transmitters to control the shutter? Looking for a semi cheap option that works. I know there are some great ones and there are some cheap ones (Ebay always has a few). Any ideas?

oldno7
11-16-2009, 05:55 AM
I use the Canon RC-1. I keep it attached to the neck strap at all times. It is quite limited though on distance. I think, 8-10'.

CarpeyBiggs
11-16-2009, 07:37 AM
i have pocket wizards, though they aren't the cheapest option. i think there is a new company that makes some relatively cheap ones, but they might only fire flashes. check out strobist.com.

Ryebrye
05-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm guessing by now you already have bought one, but I have the "Aperture Pro Coworker" - it's an RF module that doubles as a cable release. It has two modes - push the button and it holds down the shutter, or a timer mode where you push the button and it clicks the shutter after a delay.

http://www.aputure.com/pro_coworker_remote_shutter.htm

The cable release function of it works even if the batteries are dead.

I got mine from some place in hong kong for around $20 or $30 - it took them forever to ship it and then a while for it to arrive. It gets the job done and works nicely. It's small and easy to keep in the bag. Since it doesn't work on IR like the canon one, you aren't limited to where you can control it from.

tmartenst
05-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I actually bought two receivers and one RF. They are Yongnuo and I think were about $50 total. Very happy with them.