PDA

View Full Version : About me. 3 things. 1 true. Choose.

Don
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I stole this topic from another forum. This first one might be too easy because some here probably already know this about me.

1) I have 12 siblings

2) I served a mormon mission

3) I once ate a dog

Only one thing is true. Which is it?

(after a couple guesses I'll reveal the truth then someone else post three things)

CarpeyBiggs
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
mormon mission...

Cirrus2000
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Heh - I know this one.

I like the concept.

:popcorn:

DiscGo
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
12 Siblings

Don
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Mormon Mission. I thought that might be too easy.

Your turn...

double moo
11-02-2009, 04:48 PM
sounds a lot like picking up chicks... only it takes them a bit longer to find out which one is true!

Don
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
sounds a lot like picking up chicks... only it takes them a bit longer to find out which one is true!

Good. I could use the practice. ;)

bbennett
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
The dog :eat: . I ate dog once. It sucked.

Don
11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Actually I have another I wanted to use:

1) I once got busy in a burger king bathroom

2) I secretly love to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

3) I once skinny dipped the reflecting pool on the national mall in Washington DC

After this one someone else has to go.

CarpeyBiggs
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Actually I have another I wanted to use:

1) I once got busy in a burger king bathroom

2) I secretly love to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

3) I once skinny dipped the reflecting pool on the national mall in Washington DC

After this one someone else has to go.

gotta be the reflecting pool...

KapitanSparrow
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I say the bathroom thing. Cool game, Don! :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm thinkin' it's the reflecting pool, too. You & the nekkid thing... :haha:

KapitanSparrow
11-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I can go next once we get Don's answer :haha:

Don
11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
When they move that van and the mom cries and falls and hugs everyone I'm reduced to blubbering every time. I don't watch that show with people around but I do watch.

I wish it was the reflecting pool; that's on my to do list...

Alright. Who's next?

KapitanSparrow
11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I once did the wild thing in the dirty bathroom of a dirty moving train

I once kicked over over 100+ orange construction cones only to find out there was a cop at the end of the line who forced me to put them back in their place

I once seriously cut my scrotum while trimming down there

:ne_nau:

Cirrus2000
11-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I once seriously cut my scrotum while trimming down there

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

But you'd never admit to that if it were real, I'd bet!

I'll guess the dirty deed on the dirty train. :popcorn:

KapitanSparrow
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
It was a trick multiple choice question: all three are correct. Scrotum happened yesterday :roll:

train thing in 2006 with ex-wife - I told her to use some of the TP that was available in there to clean up and she got some sort of mold down there as a result :ne_nau:

cones happened in the late 90s - they shoot a lot of movies in greenpoint, brooklyn and they had the cones set up the night before to prohibit parking, we were walking home drunk and started kicking them over, we got through about a mile long stretch of the street at the end of which there was a cop car. The officers told us to "stand up" all the cones, LOL :haha:

I'm glad I took this off my chest. Feels like the first communion all over again :roflol:

Sombeech
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
It was a trick multiple choice question: all three are correct. Scrotum happened yesterday :roll:

Go with a Norelco next time.

K, my turn.

1. There are actually no female members of bogley... they are all my other identities
2. I have a collection of Winnie the Pooh dolls valued over $700
3. I have 40+ email addresses of my own that I check regularly.

KapitanSparrow
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM

I have three email addresses that I check on a regular basis so I see how someone like you has over 40.

Sombeech
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
too easy

Scott P
11-02-2009, 08:29 PM
One of these is true:

1. I've watched a pro-sports game on TV.

2. I've been on Discover Channel in my underwear.

3. I've played more than on one video game in my life.

Udink
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Scott, yours is about as easy as Sombeech's was. Gotta be #2.

Scott P
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Scott, yours is about as easy as Sombeech's was. Gotta be #2.

Dang, I thought it would be harder than that. :oops:

I've never watched a pro-sports game on TV and the only video game I've played was Oregon Trail (or maybe that's more of a computer game?).

savanna3313
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
K, my turn.

1. There are actually no female members of bogley... they are all my other identities

Is this why you've asked to borrow my underwear??? :nono:

:lol8:

savanna3313
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Ok......I'll play:

1. I received a college scholarship

2. I dated a former Presidential candidate

3. I have been an extra in 3 major motion pictures

blueeyes
11-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Um 3

You are our resident movie Siren!

Don
11-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Without knowing how old you are a guess will probably just offend but was it Walter Mondale?

DiscGo
11-03-2009, 07:00 AM
I've played more than on one video game in my life.

Super Mario Brothers?

tallsteve
11-03-2009, 07:21 AM
OK, I'm in.

1- I was hired by the CIA right out of college.

2- I once had to take over the mid-air flight controls of a small plane because my uncle (the pilot) got sick.

3- My mom is 6'2".

blueeyes
11-03-2009, 07:27 AM
hmmm multiple choice... don't know the answer... always pick the longest answer.

2 you were a pilot for the day

moab mark
11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
too easy

why 40? :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
11-03-2009, 08:23 AM

Just a guess, but I'll go with #3

Iceaxe
11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
3- My mom is 6'2".

With a handle like Tall Steve this has got to be true.

bruce from bryce
11-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Here is one, only one is true:

1. I've summited Mt. Everest

2. I've been published in National Geographic Explorer

3. I've visited over 60 countries around the world.

bruce from bryce

blueeyes
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I choose 3 and if it is true am soooo jealous!

tallsteve
11-03-2009, 10:29 AM
OK, I'm in.

1- I was hired by the CIA right out of college.

2- I once had to take over the mid-air flight controls of a small plane because my uncle (the pilot) got sick.

3- My mom is 6'2".

The correct answer is: #1. I was hired by the CIA right out of BYU but ended up turning them down. It is one of those "what if" questions in life but at the time I was newly married and we just didn't want to move across country to DC. Of course, maybe I really do work for the CIA and am spying on all of you...!

savanna3313
11-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Without knowing how old you are a guess will probably just offend but was it Walter Mondale?

:yousuck: :flipa: :frustrated:

I'm not offended................but I am tempted to take Kapitan Sparrow's trimming tool to you! :haha:

:moses: Yes - I am one of the "senior" members here, but I'm not THAT old darlin'. Shane and I are about the same age. And he's just 39, so...... :ne_nau: But dating a Presidential candidate isn't the correct answer anyway.

:haha:

savanna3313
11-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Ok......I'll play:

1. I received a college scholarship

2. I dated a former Presidential candidate

Y'all must think I'm dumb! :haha: No one guessed #1 and that is the correct answer. I went to LSU on a scholarship. :nod:

savanna3313
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Here is one, only one is true:

1. I've summited Mt. Everest

3. I've visited over 60 countries around the world.

bruce from bryce

I'll pick #2! And if that's true, I'd love to see the article! :nod:

Iceaxe
11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Y'all must think I'm dumb! :haha: No one guessed #1 and that is the correct answer. I went to LSU on a scholarship. :nod:

When I think of women on scholarship at LSU I think of this..... gotta love the SEC.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/BigCat_sports/lsu.jpg

savanna3313
11-03-2009, 02:38 PM

When I think of women on scholarship at LSU I think of this..... gotta love the SEC.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/BigCat_sports/lsu.jpg

How do you think I got the scholarship??!!! :roflol:

Scott P
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Super Mario Brothers?

No, it was Oregon Trail.

bruce from bryce

Is it this one?

greyhair biker
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I should have caught this one - I'd of got Savannahs right :nod:

Here's mine:
1. I've flown half way around the world

2. one of my ex girlfriends is a supermodel

3. the metermaid caught me sunbathing in the nude

Sombeech
11-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Is this why you've asked to borrow my underwear??? :nono:

:lol8:

Hey, you promised you wouldn't tell.

Sombeech
11-03-2009, 06:53 PM
too easy

why 40? :ne_nau:

I've got a lot of different accounts for a lot of free stuff. Others are just to separate different kinds of communication.

bruce from bryce
11-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Blueeyes: sorry but I've only visited 28 countries

Savanna: Yup #2. National Geographic Adventure published a letter of mine in response I made to an ariticle about the essential things that were required for self-rescue/survival in the back country. I mentioned in the letter of the need to carry duct tape and sent along a picture of my ankle that I had broken. I cannot find the article inself but have included the photo.

blueeyes
11-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Wade I choose nekked tannig and the metermaid.

Wish I were that metermaid :naughty:

savanna3313
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Wade - I'll pick the flying halfway around the world, although I do like the Chere's choice of getting caught nude sunbathing! :naughty:

blueeyes
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Blueeyes: sorry but I've only visited 28 countries

Savanna: Yup #2. National Geographic Adventure published a letter of mine in response I made to an ariticle about the essential things that were required for self-rescue/survival in the back country. I mentioned in the letter of the need to carry duct tape and sent along a picture of my ankle that I had broken. I cannot find the article inself but have included the photo.

I am still jealous but you score big bonus points with the duct tape! I LOVE duct tape never go camping with out it. Fixes anything.

accadacca
11-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Ok, WTH.

I only buy American vehicles. :ne_nau: :haha:
Sombeech and I met and lived together in London, England. :ne_nau: :haha:
I drive a Toyota Prius. :ne_nau: :haha:

blueeyes
11-06-2009, 12:07 PM
you and beech met in london

DiscGo
11-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I know that Beech and Acca lived together in England, it wouldn't surprise me if you drove a prius, so I am going to go with only buys American cars.

accadacca
11-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Beech and I did meet and live together in London, but not in THAT way. :lol8:

I did buy a brand new Prius in 05, but I sold it a year and a half ago or so when we had #3. I sure miss that car...

I don't own any American vehicles at all... :nono:
I have a few motorcycles: BMW (my daily commuter) = German, KTM = Austrian, Yamaha PW 50 = Japanese and two Toyota's - Land Cruiser, T-100 = Japanese.

BUT I do have 3 Apple MacBooks, 2 iMac's and 3 iPhone's...do these count as American? :hah:

**Wait, I forgot! I have an American John Deere riding mower. :five:

canyonphile
11-06-2009, 04:36 PM
This thread is awesome! :2thumbs: :haha:

Here are my three - only one is true:

1) I'm a skydiving fanatic

2) I've helped cut someone's leg off

3) I've been in a serious car accident and nearly died

greyhair biker
11-06-2009, 08:45 PM
:ne_nau: ok... she isnt actually a 'supermodel'...she modeled for ZCMI, and technically Hawaii isnt 'half way' around :haha:
...seriously though, the metermaid story is a running family joke....EVERYONE in the family knows about it...and NO, I don't have pictures to prove it :bootyshake: but it was full frontal nudity :eek2:
... :nono: Chere' :nono: :lol8:

greyhair biker
11-06-2009, 08:46 PM
This thread is awesome! :2thumbs: :haha:

Here are my three - only one is true:

1) I'm a skydiving fanatic

2) I've helped cut someone's leg off

3) I've been in a serious car accident and nearly died

SO...ya cut someones leg off eh?

Kent K25
11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
3 things, 1 True, the "Birth" edition

1. I was born mid flight in a plane over Germany (Dad in the Air Force, parents were on a flight from Germany to Spain. They didn't have the same laws about pregnant women flying.)

2. I was delivered by C-Section due to complications. My twin and I had to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks, but he died at 4 months of age.

3. I was born with "banana" shaped feet and had casts put on after birth. Wasn't supposed to walk/run well in life, grew up and was recruited by several colleges to play basketball.

ilanimaka
11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Canyonphile, I'm gonna guess #3.

Kent, I'll also guess #3.

And here's mine...

1) I was trained to box for 18months by Floyd Mayweather, Sr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Sr.).

2) My cousin was involved in the making of the Lord of the Rings movies and let me come live with him while it was being made.

3) When I was born, I was switched with another baby. Nobody noticed for 3 days and my parents changed my name to avoid the reminder of the "son" that they lost.

While only one of these is true, the others are exagerations of real events.

canyonphile
11-07-2009, 05:15 AM

:2thumbs: Wade! Two times, actually, during my residency. Both were BKA's (below-knee amputations) on diabetics with gangrene. Grim, grim...something I am glad I never have to have anything to do with again.

You couldn't pay me any sum of $$ to skydive and I've been in a few minor accidents with whiplash and some bruising in the worst. :nod:

greyhair biker
11-07-2009, 07:58 PM

:2thumbs: Wade! Two times, actually, during my residency. Both were BKA's (below-knee amputations) on diabetics with gangrene. Grim, grim...something I am glad I never have to have anything to do with again.

You couldn't pay me any sum of $$ to skydive and I've been in a few minor accidents with whiplash and some bruising in the worst. :nod:

like your website BTW :popcorn:

canyonphile
11-08-2009, 10:28 AM
like your website BTW :popcorn:

Thanks! It keeps me busy and off the street :mrgreen:

Kent - I'm going to go w/ #3 for you - "banana-shaped" feet = metatarsus adductus (probably, vs. clubfeet) -> easily cast-corrected when you're a little kiddo. I sure hope it wasn't #2 - that would be a major bummer.

Ilianimaka - I'm going to go with #2, just because that sounds really cool. So does the th boxing thing, but I'd still like #2 better :nod:

greyhair biker
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Canyonphile, I'm gonna guess #3.

Kent, I'll also guess #3.

And here's mine...

1) I was trained to box for 18months by Floyd Mayweather, Sr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Sr.).

2) My cousin was involved in the making of the Lord of the Rings movies and let me come live with him while it was being made.

3) When I was born, I was switched with another baby. Nobody noticed for 3 days and my parents changed my name to avoid the reminder of the "son" that they lost.

While only one of these is true, the others are exagerations of real events.
I was gonna say #2 but then I was trying to figure out if 'ilanimaka' was maori...or hawaiian...but no dice.
So, you were training to be a cage fighter?