PDA

View Full Version : Video: Small Flooding in North Wash

CarpeyBiggs
10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
I put together a couple clips of the big storm moving through North Wash on the 20th. Dropped pretty good amount of rain, around .20 in some areas of the dirty devil.

Not sure if Lep or Sandthrax ever flowed, as we left to go to natural bridges, but I am sure they side-filled in a lot of places. This footage is about 2 miles down towards Hog Springs. The whole show lasted about 20 minutes. Pretty amazing to watch, even though it was a small storm.

We were planning on doing Shenanigans. Went to sleep under the stars, with great views of the milky way. Woke up to rain. Didn't take long...

Not the most exciting, but beautiful either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipgvYridAE0

Cirrus2000
10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Beautiful stuff. Richard Barron and I got rained on a bit in Canyonlands a week and a half ago. Just some small flows along slickrock, and some pooling on the trail, but so cool to see. I love the sound of water flowing in the desert, too.

:2thumbs:

forum8fox
11-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Was that hogwarts there at the end?

Not sure how much flow there was but this weekend there was standing water at the top of sandthrax. not really much to contend with down in the subway section. Oddly No Kidding was completely bone dry!