PDA

View Full Version : Baptist Draw Upper Chute conditions

canyonsrcool
10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyone out there know of current conditions? How bad the mud might be?

qedcook
10-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't know the conditions but we're going tonight to do the hike tomorrow. Are you going this weekend? We only have a semi-low clearance vehicle and wouldn't mind meeting up with you at the final turnoff for a ride (obviously).

Does anyone know how far a semi-low ckearance vehicle can get on that final stretch of road. Is most of the rough stuff at the end of the road? Thanks in advance.

Iceaxe
10-23-2009, 12:06 PM
It's been a while since I was at this trailhead.... but if I remember correctly you can drive most cars to the TH. This is one of those trailheads where a rental car will have no problems and the degree of success with other vehicle declines from that point.

trackrunner
10-23-2009, 01:27 PM
This is one of those trailheads where a rental car will have no problems and the degree of success with other vehicle declines from that point.

Ice that is not useful info. That is very broad.

In case this joke was lost on anyone else:

What is the difference between a rental car and a jeep?

There are some places jeep wont't go.
Don't believe me there is a thread on here of pictures where rentals have been including Ice's personal experience. Couple pool shots too.

Iceaxe
10-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Actually I wasn't joking (first time for everything).... all I meant was a passenger car can make it to this trailhead.... but you might have to thrash on it a little....

Some of this is like rating routes.... very difficult to judge.... There is no way in hell any of my cars are going to this trailhead.... but than again, my cars NEVER leave the asphalt, that's what I got a truck for.... but most people will have no problems getting their car to this TH.

Now.... is that clear as mud?

:bootyshake:

qedcook
10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
There was no mud or water in either of the canyons this weekend. There was some scattered thunderstorms north of I-70 on the drive home, but none of the precipitation should have reach the canyon.