PDA

View Full Version : Paiute Trail - 10-10-09 Invite

nelsonccc
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
A few of us are heading up to do one last trip on the Pauite Trail before the end of the year. We plan on riding saturday the 10th and sunday the 11th.

We will be doing the Fremont trail from Circleville into Panguitch and back on Saturday for 140 miles, including Castco Canyon and Powell Point. We'll be looping back through the Rocky Ford Trail. I think I've got it dialed down to be about 60-70 miles between gas.

On Sunday we'll be doing a loop North out of Circleville. We'll stay on the flats into marysvale and Hoovers. then we'll come out of Hoovers up the mountain, down intot the Fremont park, and back on the 01 into Circleville. We'll need to get gas in Hoovers or Sevier (if they have it) to put this loop together. Should be about 140 for the day.

You're all invited. We should get Fourtycal back down with his posse and hit this loop. These two loops should be far less technical than our usual Paiute loops with a lot more dirt road. So everyone should come!!

RedMan
09-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Man you boys get up early and come home late. Thats some real mileage.

Remember to calculate when sunset is and plan to be cold after that.
Pretty sure you will be leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark.
Be carefull in rocky ford. It will be dark when you get there for sure.

Personally I am thinking you might not make it to powell point. If not you can still ride out to the edge of Bryce on the North end ofr some great pictures.

Unless things have changed there is no gas in Sevier. If you gas at hoovers and have some reserve cans you can make it to Circleville.

Take pictures for us I think the color will still be great.

nelsonccc
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Man you boys get up early and come home late. Thats some real mileage.

Remember to calculate when sunset is and plan to be cold after that.
Pretty sure you will be leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark.
Be carefull in rocky ford. It will be dark when you get there for sure.

Personally I am thinking you might not make it to powell point. If not you can still ride out to the edge of Bryce on the North end ofr some great pictures.

Unless things have changed there is no gas in Sevier. If you gas at hoovers and have some reserve cans you can make it to Circleville.

Take pictures for us I think the color will still be great.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah we push it sometimes and my ass definately feels it! But on a motorcycle we generally average 30+mph on the roads and 19-20mph for the general trails and rough stuff. On every trip we've made to the Pauite we always do the Koosharem loop out of Circleville and recently (per your advice) we've added in the Rocky Ford section. It's 138 miles from Circleville to Koosharem and we generally leave Circleville around 9 and get back around 5-6.

I'll definately be paying attention to the sunset times since none of us have headlights on our motorcycles! My plan is to go into Panguitch via Lime Kiln canyon and return up Costco canyon. Should be fun and about 60 miles between gas for a total of 120.

I asked over on the ATVUTAH about the gas as well. Looks like on the second day we should be able to get in to Hoovers which is good since by my calcs it looks like it'll be about 72 miles to go up the 74, down the 76 and back up the 01 over the top and into Circleville. We've never been beyond the 01/02 junction, so we are anxious to see these 76, 74, & 01 trails beyond there. BUT....with a range of about 60-70 miles it might be scary....That's why I was hoping there was gas in Sevier.

I just ordered the new pauite trail map and the Mt. Dutton map from the ATVUTAH site.

RedMan
10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Color is a bit late this year so you should have some beautiful riding.