PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday ride invite 9.22.09 Bobsled

fourtycal
09-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Popperton park just above Shriners Hospital at 6pm :2thumbs:

PunchKing
09-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Be there or be square!!!! It may be time to do some of the bigger obstacles they have there Fourty!!!!

Ride On
09-17-2009, 11:50 PM
hit them big jumps up homies :rockon:

greyhair biker
09-18-2009, 07:42 PM
:ne_nau: looks like I shouldnta gotten myself released to go back to work so soon...I work Mon & tue and then it a flight to Vegas for INTERBIKE.

blueeyes
09-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Think I might make this one

REDFOX
09-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Since I just flipped over the bars coming down Adams canyon, I think that I am ready to hit some stunts on the Bobsled trail. :2thumbs:

Ride On
09-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Since I just flipped over the bars coming down Adams canyon, I think that I am ready to hit some stunts on the Bobsled trail. :2thumbs:
remember a helmet and gloves this time :rockon:

downhillin4life
09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
i might finally be making it to a group ride :2thumbs:

Deeps
09-22-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm in!

Heather
09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
We will probably meet you at the trailhead. Going to ride up on the other side of the BST.

blueeyes
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah Beech's alter ego is going to make it!!!

Ok so Dowhhill4life is carpooling with me and a one of the guys I rode with at Snowbasin is going to meet us there.

See ya all tonight.

accadacca
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah dang. Going to have to pass this week. Bummed.

I have had two 4 day weekends out of the past three...

C-ya'll next week. :wavey:

PunchKing
09-23-2009, 09:57 AM
This ride is the sickness. Too bad it starts getting dark so dang early. We will have to start riding before 6 from now on. That or people will have to stop breaking their chains and having their back tires fall off.

blueeyes
09-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Or maybe get in better shape so they can keep up with the pack! :stud:

PunchKing
09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
You said it, not I. Flat tires and what not certainly didn't make it easier though.

Luce
09-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Random music again, I will change it tonight if it is really bad. I still have a hard time keeping it under the time limits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM3U7hruH8M

RedSpecialized
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice video! it was a fun ride. There were lots of new people there. I'm glad you got the road rash on film....NICE! Looks like I was about the only one pushing there bike :ghost: I'm so out of shap I thought I might die. Thanks for letting me ride/walk with you guys.

blueeyes
09-23-2009, 04:28 PM
You said it, not I. Flat tires and what not certainly didn't make it easier though.
Yep I will call it like it is. My hind end is out of shape! I rode that earlier this year with Janet and only walked to small sections last night I felt like I walked the whole thing.

RedSpecialized
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Anyone seen this stuff on Bobsled? It is supposedly up there. I didn't see it last night? Maybe it was to dark? :ne_nau: Or maybe I was going so FAST that it was all a blurr...... :roflol: (that's a good one)

Joe Gardner
09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
We had a fun ride, had to head home before all day light was lost, so we decided not to stick around at the bottom after wards.

The climb up dry creek is much more enjoyable then the climb from city creek, 750' less vert too!

I know of 4 cars on the trail, but the section of that trail is nick named 5 car canyon. I'm not familiar with that step up. There are a few small side trails that are easy to blow by.

blueeyes
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I know exactly where that ladder use to be! It is the exact spot I stopped to take pics of everyone coming down. I noticed and odd mound of mangled something... looked like rope and little pieces of wood kind of scattered around. I wondered what had been there.

The pics I took I don't think turned out. I haven't even had time to check them yet.

I will post later and you can see that it is the same spot.

PunchKing
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Cool video, I think that was the most I have ever been on camera. Sorry about that. I am kind of a wide load to follow. The video doesn't do most of the drops justice. Those all feel and look so much bigger when you are on them. The music was better this time. I suspect you didn't pick it but it worked out.

Sombeech
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Random music again, I will change it tonight if it is really bad. I still have a hard time keeping it under the time limits.

Cool stuff. I'm glad somebody else besides me is getting some video in.

I had the same problem as you, footage was TOO painful to cut. Every bit was precious.

I soon found out that the audience just doesn't care as much as the producer. They like to see the ride, but they can't settle in for more than @3 minutes. I try to get all of mine in 2 or 3 minutes now.

If I'm filming the whole crew hitting a jump, I'll probably just keep one of them in the clip, especially if they crash. :haha:

Experiment with different angles too. It's been a while since I've mounted it to my bike frame, but it switches it up a bit. I also try to keep each clip at 20 seconds max.

Deeps
09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Great video Matt... I think my exact words were "tell me you GOT THAT"! Fun, fun ride. The adrenaline was pumping me down that course. I wiped out more (and bigger) on that trail than any other this year. Part of it may have been a soft front tire I discovered when I got to the pavement. I was really wiggly in the soft sand bits coming down.

Of course, that was after I slid out of one of the curves, jamming my right fingers and whacking the rear brake pull out of alignment. It was a wild ride after that.

Total damages from multiple falls...

Me:
Big gravel cat scratches on my left shoulder
Trail rash on my left forearm
Gravel shotgun blast to my left leg, outer
Weird snake bite puncture wound on the back of my left leg, no recollection of how or when
Bloody gusher(s) on my right knee
Jammed and swollen (hopefully not broken) middle and ring fingers, right hand

Bike:
Loose right brake handle
Possible slow leak on front tire

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/Bobsled92209/pictures/picture-1.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/Bobsled92209/pictures/picture-2.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/Bobsled92209/pictures/picture-3.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/Bobsled92209/pictures/picture-4.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/Bobsled92209/pictures/picture-5.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/Bobsled92209/pictures/picture-6.jpg

I'll get the scenic shots up after we get back from our weekend trip. Gotta get to bed.

Thanks again for having me along. Nice to meet some more of the group. Let's go again!

accadacca
09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Great Video! :popcorn:

Sorry to see the trail rash Deeps. It happens to the best of us and I always say that if your not crashing, your not learning. You gotta push it to get better and better. :2thumbs: