PDA

View Full Version : crimereports.com

DiscGo
09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Have you guys seen CrimeReports.com? It is a pretty cool site. You enter in your address, and it shows you what crimes have taken place and where in your neighborhood. I have been familiar with it for like 8 months but just checked it out for the first time. It is pretty cool.

devo_stevo
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I would check it out, but you didn't provide a link to it. :ne_nau:

:haha:

UTJetdog
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Very interesting site.

Mooseman70
09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
The idea is great, but it's not entirely accurate. Most agencies will "filter" what gets posted on this website. You're only going to get some of the actual crime info that happened in your neighborhood using that site, so take it with a grain of salt.

If you want better and more accurate crime stats for your area, contact your local law enforcement agency and ask to speak with someone in their Crime Prevention or Crime Analysis units. Make a specific request to get all crime stats for your area between certain dates. You may or may not have to pay for a hardcopy document, but most of this stuff is available without having to file a GRAMA request.

BruteForce
09-16-2009, 05:33 AM
The idea is great, but it's not entirely accurate. Most agencies will "filter" what gets posted on this website. You're only going to get some of the actual crime info that happened in your neighborhood using that site, so take it with a grain of salt.

If you want better and more accurate crime stats for your area, contact your local law enforcement agency and ask to speak with someone in their Crime Prevention or Crime Analysis units. Make a specific request to get all crime stats for your area between certain dates. You may or may not have to pay for a hardcopy document, but most of this stuff is available without having to file a GRAMA request.

Agreed. Additionally, I've found that some of the locations depicted aren't quite correct either. (off by blocks in some cases)

asdf
09-16-2009, 06:17 AM
geez thanks Dan....
no link so I typed in crimereport.com and my peer guardian log was flooded with the garbage that site tired to install on my machine.

CrimeReports.com.. got it :haha:

Mtnman1830
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Ran my city, and there were a lot of theft... a few assaults, and breaking and entering....

Utah does not have breaking and entering...