PDA

View Full Version : Things Guys Shouldn't Do After 30

Iceaxe
09-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I just found this list.... wish I had of seen it 20 years ago... :roflol:

Things Guys Shouldn't Do After 30

Ok how many of you guys are guilty of more than three of the following? Feel free to add your own submission.

- Playing beer pong

Beer does not need accessories. That means no funnels, no pingpong balls and, for the love of God, no fruit. Oh, and seriously, take the neon Budweiser sign out of your bedroom window. (The lamp, though, can stay for kitsch value.)

- Hanging unframed posters on your walls

That Starry Night print deserves the respect of a proper display, even if it came from a store in the mall.

- Eating spaghetti out of a can

A box of pasta and a jar of store-brand sauce is just as cheap, per serving, as a can of Chef Boyardee. As an adult, cooking dinner means not eating out of a can, or a bowl, while standing over the sink.

- Ignoring the throbbing pain in your head/arm/stomach

Sometimes, aches are the result of too much yard work or a series serious of sleepless nights. Other times, something is wrong. If you are seriously ill, the long-term treatment can cost more than a single doctor

DiscGo
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm Discgo and I have approved this message.

Don
09-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Does a poster sized map (or multiple maps) hanging on the wall require a frame?

DiscGo
09-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Does a poster sized map (or multiple maps) hanging on the wall require a frame?

No way! I have a map at my house which has pins of where I have been, and where I plan to go. I stopped updating it because I switched all my pins over to Google Earth, but I believe maps are great motivational tools to keep you traveling.

JP
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
:haha:

cachehiker
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM
How about after 40?

- Playing beer pong

Guilty

As little as possible comes out of a can at my place

Sombeech
09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
- Not knowing the top five news-related stories of the week

Read a newspaper!!

Everything else was funny, but this. I actually couldn't give a donkey dung about news headlines. The news does not affect my life.

fouristhenewone
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
30! 30! WTF EVER!!!! I turn 30 this month and I'll be damned if some of this isn't the dumbest crap I have ever heard.

- Playing beer pong

Screw that - and it's called Beirut! If you are too old to play it, you may as well off yerself.

- Hanging unframed posters on your walls

This is VERY TRUE. have SOME class.

uh - ever hear of car camping on the cheap?

- Ignoring the throbbing pain in your head/arm/stomach

uhm. it's called a hangover dude.

- Partying till 5 a.m., then being at work by 9 a.m.

who the hell doesn't have to be to work before 9?

- Thinking any shirt from the pile on the floor will do

your wife leaves your clothes on the floor? sorry, man.

- Having a futon/bean bag in your living room

doesn't apply to me, my dogs would eat this.

- Wearing a pro sports jersey with your name on it

uh, this is a question for summit42.

- Doing shots

oh c'mon. if that's what adulthood means, then screw it.

- Sporting clothes with cartoon characters

even 3 year olds need punched in the face for wearing winnie the pooh shirts.

- Referring to friends as

Alex
09-03-2009, 06:20 AM
I have to say, I haven't done any of the listed items.... I must be boring or something :ne_nau:

Deathcricket
09-03-2009, 08:41 AM

Winnie the Pooh and Minnie Mouse are cute on 3-year-olds, but adults need to let the characters live on the TV screen, not across their chests.

I dont have a single T-shirt that doesn't have Samurai Jack, Voltron, or some hawt ass from an Anime girl on it (I wore a Punisher T-shirt to last bogleyfest, hehe) Unless you count the "microsoft tech certified" free shirts you get at conventions stuff. Screw that! I like to proclaim my nerdyness from afar. So you can approach cautiously of GTF away from me.

DiscGo
09-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I liked fouristhenewone's post.

Iceaxe
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
My first thought when I saw that list was.... Isn't it cute how woman are always trying to change us men.....

blueeyes
09-04-2009, 08:17 AM

Winnie the Pooh and Minnie Mouse are cute on 3-year-olds, but adults need to let the characters live on the TV screen, not across their chests.

I dont have a single T-shirt that doesn't have Samurai Jack, Voltron, or some hawt ass from an Anime girl on it (I wore a Punisher T-shirt to last bogleyfest, hehe) Unless you count the "microsoft tech certified" free shirts you get at conventions stuff. Screw that! I like to proclaim my nerdyness from afar. So you can approach cautiously of GTF away from me.

You and Don and your t-shirts! :2thumbs: Love em

Stay young all of ya!

savanna3313
09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
How about adding to that list "Wearing Speedos". :ne_nau: Of course, most men under 30 that wear them shouldn't either! :haha: Unless you're built like an Olympic swimmer, Speedos just aren't very flattering...... :popcorn:

cachehiker
09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
- Wearing Speedos

Guilty

(but I'm only wearing a 1 inch larger waist than I did in high school)

Iceaxe
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
How about adding to that list "Wearing Speedos". :ne_nau: Of course, most men under 30 that wear them shouldn't either!

FYI: There is no reason on gods green earth for a striaght man to wear a Speedo..... none.... zero... never...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZM9443fhSyo/RkyH4taJXQI/AAAAAAAAALE/gS8reE1waOI/s400/3_5_definitely_gay_speedo_ii.jpg

cachehiker
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Triathlons, that was it.

I was far from a competitive swimmer and needed every advantage I could get. :lol8:

blueeyes
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
speedos are so wrong on every level

savanna3313
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
:dropmouth: