PDA

View Full Version : Aires, Ashtar, NGA and Cooling down in Subway!

Bo_Beck
09-02-2009, 06:08 AM
The last few weeks have been somewhat hectic at work for me, but we've found a way to get out and soak in some of Zions' beauty (thank goodness for sundays!).

Our first adventure included Andy, Bert, Lyle, Elaine and myself. My intention was to first scramble up the first four pitches of Aires Butte in the early morning, and then attack Ant Hill (Tanya and I were shut down early spring a couple years back). The heat of the day after descending Aires Butte put us in the shade of the 2 pitch classic Ashtar Command instead. Thanks to Andy and his diligence with the photo documentation! Hope you don't mind me sharing your Picasa photos Andy? Great job!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tyroalbums/AriesButteAndAshtarCommand081609#

Last weekend we banded together for another adventure. This time it was Andy, Dave, Bert, Lyle, Elaine, Stacey and I. Our goal? North Guardian Angel, then dropping straight down into Left Fork of North Creek "Subway" for a REAL COOLDOWN! Awesome day. Once again...Thank you Andy for the great photo documentation!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tyroalbums/NGASubway083009#

abirken
09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Great photos!! I swear Bo, you must have been a mountain goat or a lizard in past life. I've never seen anyone STICK to rock quite like you and to be confident with it! :) Anyhow, I had sweaty palms looking at the photos of you guys scrambling up but the views looked fabulous! Glad you got out from behind the desk to play a bit. :2thumbs: :nod:

Bo_Beck
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Great photos!! I swear Bo, you must have been a mountain goat or a lizard in past life. I've never seen anyone STICK to rock quite like you and to be confident with it! :) Anyhow, I had sweaty palms looking at the photos of you guys scrambling up but the views looked fabulous! Glad you got out from behind the desk to play a bit. :2thumbs: :nod:

Thanks Alison! You are quite right about, "In a past life", because in this present life I struggle! Believe me...when I have to get up something, or across something, my palms sweat. It's only when I make it across or up that I gleam with success and exude such confidence! In other words I'm SCARED S()1+1e$$), but then thats the place I find some satisfaction.
Andy has been a great companion for me and I love his photo documentaries. Can you believe that he had his knee replaced just 4 months ago!? Now thats a true MOUNTAIN GOAT for ya!

Felicia
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Bo, you are always having great adventures!

:2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Looks great! I was looking at Aries (or is it Aires?) Butte in CP's book - especially when combined with Keyhole to cool off - very nice. NGA and Subway, too. Thinking about how to make one or both of these happen in October, next time I'm down there. Hmmm, plot, plot, plot.

Anyway - loved the photos; they both looked like great days!

trackrunner
09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Bo awesome. You've now added another climb to my hit list.
:rockon:

Bo_Beck
09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Bo, you are always having great adventures!

:2thumbs:

And so do you Felicia! Love reading your accounts "poetry"! Keep 'em' coming! :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Looks great! I was looking at Aries (or is it Aires?) Butte in CP's book - especially when combined with Keyhole to cool off - very nice. NGA and Subway, too. Thinking about how to make one or both of these happen in October, next time I'm down there. Hmmm, plot, plot, plot.

Anyway - loved the photos; they both looked like great days!

Maybe we can hook up for something when you're down? Andy and I are seriously eyeballin' "Cowboy Ridge-Kinesava" somewhere in that time frame!

Bo_Beck
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Bo awesome. You've now added another climb to my hit list.
:rockon:

Sooooo much rock....sooooo little life! Git-er-done so that I can hear you say Gotter Did!
:five: