PDA

View Full Version : There Are More Slaves Today Than at Any Time in History

hank moon
08-26-2009, 07:02 AM
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20090825_there_are_more_slaves_today_than_at_any_t ime_in_human_history/?ln

Excerpt:

TM: As an investigative reporter rather than an academic, you take us where the trades are made, the suffering takes place and the survivors eke out their existences.

BS: In an underground brothel in Bucharest, I was offered a young woman with the visible effect of Down syndrome. One of her arms was covered in slashes, where I can only assume she was trying to escape daily rape the only way she knew how. That young woman was offered to me in trade for a used car.

TM: This was a Romanian used car?

BS: Yes, and I knew that I could get that car for about 1,500 euros. While that may sound like a very low price for human life, consider that five hours from where I live in New York

ilanimaka
08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
That just makes me sick to my stomach... but the sadistic side of me wonders if I can get a permanent maid for cheap. :twisted: :eek2: :ne_nau:

Sorry... couldn't help my mind wandering there. :ne_nau:

Deathcricket
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Ever read an article and feel the person writing it is a douche? Thats how I felt reading this drivel.

[quote]TM: Is that raw numbers or as a percentage of the population?

BS: I want to be very clear what I mean when I say the word slavery. If you look it up in Webster