PDA

View Full Version : Don, I need some advise...

greyhair biker
08-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I got a shock today when I checked my mail. A Facebook notification. From my mom. DON...HELP. I remember you had a similar event happen. what to do what to do. :haha: Actually, I don't mind that she be on there , I just wasnt expecting it. AT ALL. She's on there now under my dad's name.

Don
08-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Ahahahahaha. :roflol:

If it is a concern just learn how to segregate information. There are things on facebook that I don't show to co-workers and other things I don't show family. This link might help:
http://www.allfacebook.com/2009/02/facebook-privacy/

Mtnman1830
08-22-2009, 11:55 PM
My mom just recently got a facebook account too...

Sombeech
08-23-2009, 08:05 AM
LOLZ

inevitable

Scout Master
08-23-2009, 08:11 AM
My Boss Reciently requested me as a friend on FB I choose to ignore him.

Mtnman1830
08-23-2009, 09:57 AM
My Boss Reciently requested me as a friend on FB I choose to ignore him. :2thumbs: :roflol:

greyhair biker
08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I really don't have or do anything on there that I should hide. I dont live like that but having my mom message me out of the blue? I do appreciate the link to the 'holy grail' page - very informative :five:

blueeyes
08-23-2009, 07:05 PM
:roflol: Nice!

Cirrus2000
08-23-2009, 09:04 PM
(Note to self: Start posting really inappropriate things on GHB's wall!) :popcorn:

greyhair biker
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
nothing, and I mean Nothing would surprise my mom about me :eek2: :haha: :popcorn:

Randi
08-24-2009, 07:40 AM
(Note to self: Start posting really inappropriate things on GHB's wall!) :popcorn:

:roflol:

Geez...I wonder if my kids were stressing out when I added them?

A mom who "friended" her kids on FB! :eek2:

devo_stevo
08-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Facebook is lame. My wife just recently got on there and she is thinking about pulling the plug already.

Every time I look on there I end up feeling a bit dirty like I was just in high school again. I'm not going there. Nobody cares what everyone else is eating for breakfast or if they want it to rain tomorrow. Stupid.

Don
08-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Facebook is lame. My wife just recently got on there and she is thinking about pulling the plug already.

Every time I look on there I end up feeling a bit dirty like I was just in high school again. I'm not going there. Nobody cares what everyone else is eating for breakfast or if they want it to rain tomorrow. Stupid.

You can block posts by users you don't want to read. If a friend posts something lame about wanting it to rain tomorrow, what they had for breakfast (unless it's actually an interesting breakfast, with photos) or about how often they have to crap since they started taking some diet supplement (actual example) then I will block for sure.

You can even dump friends. I do not participate in those stupid games (mafia wars and the like) so I ignore join requests all the time. Same goes for surveys (like what kind of mormon are you or what kind of kisser are you), I ignore them unless it's clear that the sender actually thought of me and didn't just forward it to everyone they know (U2 or Star Wars trivia I might take). I had one friend send 2 or 3 invites a day, often many more on weekends. Finally I told him I don't participate and asked him to stop sending them to me. I doubt he knew how to take me off the list of people he's sending things to because they kept coming. I un-friended him.

RedMan
08-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Interesting. I only use facebook for keeping tabs on family.
I like it for that. We are all close so its fine.

I do not add work associates or casual friends.
I just ignore their requests and if they say anything to me I tell them I never use it.

Iceaxe
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I posted the results of my mother joining my facebook a while back:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17428

There should be a rule that Mom's can't join your facebook page. :nono:

tapehoser
08-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I NEVER accept friend requests from any person I work with. Not sure why, but it just feels weird. Wrong. Sometimes I even question accepting requests from my immediate neighbors.

Ih8grvty
08-24-2009, 10:28 AM
My Boss Reciently requested me as a friend on FB I choose to ignore him.

excellent idea!
work should not be mining your personal stuff to find ways to fire or hold you back and gather information on your private life.
I keep all my page stuff with no name so that work or perspective work can not find me.

Iceaxe
08-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I got a shock today when I checked my mail. A Facebook notification. From my mom.

Question: If you don't add your mom is she going to make you move out of the basement?

:popcorn:

greyhair biker
08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I got a shock today when I checked my mail. A Facebook notification. From my mom.

Question: If you don't add your mom is she going to make you move out of the basement?

:popcorn:
how'd you know I slept in the basement?

denaliguide
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
my wife friended me 6 months ago and is still waiting for me to confirm or ignore.

she asks me about it once in a while.

i tell her i don't accept nusiance requests.