PDA

View Full Version : Lost Shoes on Uinta Highline Trail

bc-skier
08-17-2009, 10:06 PM
If anyone hears of someone finding a pair of Montail CTC shoes on the Highline trail somewhere west of Rocky Sea Pass August 9 or after please have them contact me at steffenent@comcast.net. THANKS! I know it's a long long shot but thought it worth a try at posting. If anyone has any other ideas of where to post....e.g. a horse packers group or such, let me know!
BTW I got about five inches of snow up there at the W.F. of Black's Fork area on Saturday the 15th! Awesome time! Bette

aloken
08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Did the snow/cold kill off the mosquitoes? I'm thinking of heading up there this weekend.

bc-skier
08-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeh the cooler temps did a good job but isn't it supposed to warm up this weekend? Still shouldn't be too bad. I'd go again in a flash if I could! Which trailhead you thinking of? There are sheep in the W.F. of Black's Fork....but not too difficult to get around and past them. Pristine up high!

UTJetdog
08-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Did the snow/cold kill off the mosquitoes? I'm thinking of heading up there this weekend.

We were in Garfield Basin Aug. 12-15 and there were only a few mosquitos. People we talked to said two week prior the biters were horrific.

aloken
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the info, my son has really bad reactions to mosquito bites so we've been waiting for it to cool off. I hope they're not too bad this weekend. We'll be heading up over the Notch, looks like a fun place for kids.

UTJetdog
08-21-2009, 07:19 AM
We'll be heading up over the Notch, looks like a fun place for kids.

Indeed it is! :2thumbs: