PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut hotel where woman was raped blames the victim

snccoulter
08-16-2009, 09:52 PM
http://www.startribune.com/nation/53147057.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DU2EPaL_V_9E7ODiUia cyKUnciatkEP7DhUr

A Connecticut hotel where a woman was raped at gunpoint in front of her children says the victim was careless and negligent.

The papers filed last month in Superior Court by the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa say the victim "failed to exercise due care for her own safety and the safety of her children and proper use of her senses and facilities."

Prosecutors say Gary Fricker assaulted the woman in her minivan in the hotel's parking garage in front of her two children, then ages 3 and 5. Fricker is now serving 20 years in prison.

The hotel's lawyers were responding to a lawsuit claiming the hotel failed to prevent the 2006 attack.

In court filings, the woman's lawyers have denied those allegations.

You have to be kidding me did they want to pay the woman even more money :dropmouth: :topes:

DiscGo
08-17-2009, 05:59 AM
You have to be kidding me did they want to pay the woman even more money :dropmouth: :topes:

I don't think the hotel wants her to pay more, I think they want to avoid paying out to her.