PDA

View Full Version : Gallivan Center Tonight - Toots and the Maytals

Don
08-13-2009, 02:29 PM
The Twilight Concert Series has only 3 more shows this season and all three promise to be great shows.

Tonight is Toots and the Maytals! Reggae legends! Should be fun!

Anyone else going?

http://www.slcgov.com/PublicServices/Gallivan/twilight.html

devo_stevo
08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Arrgh. I wish I could make it. The one I really want to see is the last one. Robert Randolph and the Family Band. If you haven't heard his stuff, he's amazing. He plays the pedal steel guitar and is amazing. They put on a great show. I think they even performed on the Grammy Awards show a few years ago. I saw them on Austin City Limits and was blown away. Awesome.

Don
08-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Arrgh. I wish I could make it. The one I really want to see is the last one. Robert Randolph and the Family Band. If you haven't heard his stuff, he's amazing. He plays the pedal steel guitar and is amazing. They put on a great show. I think they even performed on the Grammy Awards show a few years ago. I saw them on Austin City Limits and was blown away. Awesome.

Robert Randolf is going to be a damn good show and I'm looking forward to it, but you should really try to make it next week for Iron & Wine and Okkervil River. Both will be great.

devo_stevo
08-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Robert Randolf is going to be a damn good show and I'm looking forward to it, but you should really try to make it next week for Iron & Wine and Okkervil River. Both will be great.

I've heard a few of Iron and Wine's songs on the KRCL and I really liked what I heard. Great stuff. Sometimes I wish that I lived closer to Salt Lake because of stuff like this, but then every time I go down there, I am reminded of just how crowded the place is and how much I hate sitting in traffic. :ne_nau:

I know I won't be able to make it both of these shows, maybe I'll talk to my wife about going to Robert Randolf at least. I just remembered that I have that Friday off of work. Could work out for me. Who knows...